Gorgeous, 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, self-contained cottage will be your 'home away from home'.
Tariff includes the use of the whole cottage for up to 4 guests. You won't be sharing with anyone Minimum 2 night stay.
Character, beautiful garden, less than 500m walk to shops, coffee, & Arts Centre & Civic Park just out the back gate.
No hidden extras - linen & towels, great starter pack and pantry items for your use, and free WiFi all included.
Central heating, air conditioner & ceiling fans.
Guests keep returning - check out their reviews
1 Stay 7 nights, receive 25 discount. See special conditions below.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS RELATING TO SPECIAL OFFERS
THESE OFFERS MAY NOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER OFFER, AND MAY NOT BE APPLICABLE DURING PEAK PERIODS OF LOCAL FESTIVALS AND EVENTS, OR PEAK HOLIDAY PERIODS.
Please Note: Generally there is a 2 night minimum stay, although at peak periods there may be a longer minimum period of stay.
Camellia Cottage is a great base to attend the numerous special events at Lardner Park, concerts, productions and special events such as Eisteddfods at West Gippsland Arts Centre, stroll in the beautiful Civic Park which is just outside the back gate.
You can also visit all the many attractions the area has to offer: wineries, artists' galleries, berry farms, cheeses, trout farm, rivers and waterfalls, fishing, mountains- Strzeleckis and Mt Baw Baw skiing in Winter, and of course the beautiful fresh dairy, fruit and vegetables particularly the local potatoes that West Gippsland is renowned for.
If you wish to come by train, Camellia Cottage is not far from the Warragul railway station, so you can walk from the station, or we can pick you up if you let us know which train you are arriving on.
1. Two bedrooms each with queen size beds, electric blankets when required, quality mattresses, luxurious linen and period furniture, ceiling fans.
2. Two en-suite bathrooms open off each bedroom: each with a large shower recess, vanity basin and toilet, and one has a full size claw foot bath for an enjoyable soak. Hair dryers, of course, included.
3. Dining room with wood fire, firewood provided in cooler months, and there’s also a reverse-cycle air conditioner for your comfort.
4. The kitchen is well fitted and includes a gas stove, dishwasher and microwave.Lots of little extras to welcome you included real coffee
5. Separate sitting room has an appealing gas log fire which starts at the push of a button, as well as gas central heating throughout, and there’s a comfortable leather lounge suite, 42" flat screen TV and DVD player.
6. Laundry with washing machine and clothes drier, iron & ironing board.
7. Barbecue and outdoor dining setting on rear deck overlooks very pretty garden with flowers, herbs and vegetables.
8. Front verandah with the large cane armchairs is perfect for your morning cuppa in the sunshine.
9. Two cars may be safely parked at Camellia Cottage. Entry is off the rear lane.
The cottage Includes:
Gas central heating throughout
All linen and towels.
Many others little extras included.
We hope that whether you chose to stay for a night or two or even longer, whether holidaying or on business, you will feel that Camellia Cottage is truly a ‘home away from home’.
Choose Camellia Cottage as your next destination. You won’t be disappointed.
Suellen & David welcome your enquiry
The Story behind Camellia Cottage
David and Suellen Ham are proud to offer Camellia Cottage on-the-Park as the closest cottage to the Warragul town centre. The cottage had fallen sadly into disrepair, and we have taken much pleasure and care in restoring it to a very high standard. The original Kauri pine floors were hidden under layers of carpet, lino and newspapers and we were thrilled to discover that they could be beautifully polished – as you will see in the photos. We have kept the original dado lining boards, however the plywood walls and ceilings had to go, and have been replaced with new plaster walls and ceilings – all insulated. So, the once sad little house has now been transformed into one that that we think is really charming.
We moved to Warragul in 2010 so that we can enjoy the quieter pace, fresh air and beautiful surroundings, however we take great satisfaction in saving character homes, and Camellia Cottage suited us very well as we live nearby. This is not the first cottage 'Bed and Breakfast' that we have had, as many years ago we owned the popular Palm Cottage in Sorrento, and we have now opened our second cottage - Valley View Cottage Warragul which is a 3 bedroom, 2 livingroom, 2 bathroom home, also in Warragul.