Welcome to Coastline Cottage Fish Creek! With Breathtaking views across all of Wilson’s Promontory, the vista from the house also takes in the ocean, islands and Corner and Shallow Inlets. Gaze across rolling hills towards the Yanakie isthmus and you will see networks of South Gippsland’s fine farms with cows and sheep grazing just beyond the property’s fenceline. Delight in watching amazing sunsets and sunrises (and spectacular moon rises over the water of Corner Inlet if the timing of your stay is right!), watch the weather roll in across the ocean and witness the most incredible stars in the night sky!
We pride ourselves on providing you with a wonderful place to stay, in a setting that is both rustic and modern, with the attention to detail which will ensure you have a comfortable and easy stay!
The house is a gorgeous mud brick cottage with large exposed timber beams, polished concrete floors in the main living areas and carpet in the bedrooms. Bedroom number one has a queen size bed and access to the verandah. Bedroom two is a large room with two King single beds and its own living area. The sofa in this living area folds out to a quality double bed, providing sleeping for 1-2 more guests if required. Both bedrooms have a spacious feel, built in robes, quality 100% cotton bedlinen, doonas, pillow and electric blankets.
The kitchen is fully equipped with quality pots and pans, ample crockery, cutlery and glassware, along with a great selection of serving bowls and platters. A gas cooktop, electric oven and microwave are supplied, along with dishwasher, kettle, toaster, coffee plunger and stove-top espresso maker. There is even a blender and food processor if you’re feeling the need to cook up a storm, or, simply throw a snag on the BBQ on the verandah for ease!
Our lounge suite may be the most comfortable one you have ever sat in and will allow you to sit back and watch one of our well-selected DVD’s, listen to the varied assortment of CD’s, read one of our many books or just sit and listen to the abundant bird-life which come to enjoy the native garden! Enjoy the cool, ambient temperature of the house during the warmer months or snuggle up in front in the fire place in colder times-the house is gorgeous at any time of year.
The bathroom and laundry are well equipped and maintained, with shower over a full size bath, front loader washing machine, with shampoo, conditioner, body and hand washes, toilet paper, laundry detergent, air freshener all provided.
There is a front and back verandah with table and chairs allowing you to dine outside, gas BBQ, and garden seating for a quiet cup of tea looking out across the spectacular view.
The house is situated on our beautiful 5 acre property, completely private from the main house, with your own driveway entrance. You are free to wander out on to the hill, check out our chooks and stroll down the quiet dead-end road through a bush setting.
IF YOU EVER LEAVE THE HOUSE!
There are so many wonderful attractions in close proximity to the property:
• 10 minute drive to the gate of Wilsons Prom
• 10 minute drive to the beaches of Sandy Point (patrolled in summer months) and Waratah bay if you want to enjoy surf beaches and also to Shallow Inlet if you want to enjoy activities for calmer waters. Fishing spots abound in Corner and Shallow inlets and there are various fishing charter companies in the region if you are wanting to venture out.
• Beaches of Walkerville are close by, along with their historic lime kilns and cemetery and rugged coastline walks.
• Fish Creek village is a 5 minute drive away and there you can enjoy the best coffee this side of Melbourne at 9 Acres, a great meal in one of the cafes or the iconic Fish Creek art deco Hotel, or take in the galleries.
• Foster is a 15 minute drive if you are wanting supermarkets, visitor information centre and a variety of specialty shops.
• Two cooler climate wineries are only a 5 minute drive from the property, with wine tasting, food and cellar door available.
• Ride or walk the extensive and well-maintained rail trail which runs all the way from Leongatha through to Welshpool, passing right thought the centre of Fish Creek
Also in the region:
• Agnes Falls
• Port Albert historic fishing village
• Stony Creek Go Carts
• Various markets-farmer’s markets and craft markets
• Plus much more
We keep a variety of pamphlets in the cottage about local attractions and things to do for you to peruse and select from.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
On a practical note, we aim to make your stay as easy as possible by supplying the following:
• Shampoo, conditioner, body wash, hand wash, toilet paper
• Laundry detergent
• Dishwasher and dishwashing detergents, teatowels, bin liners, glad wrap and alfoil
• Tea, freshly ground coffee, salt and pepper, olive oil, a selection of herbs and spices, some fresh garden herbs which you can help yourself to and fresh milk. If our chooks are being generous, there may be fresh eggs!
• All bedlinen and towels are supplied (including facewashers, bathmat, etc) but you do need to bring your own beach towels
• We have a portacot and high chair and provide 100% cotton cot sheets.
• A great selection of DVD’s, CD’s (and CD player with Bluetooth capability), books, games and colouring books
• Firewood and kindling
We are always happy to answer any questions you may have and where possible will offer you an early check-in or late check-out!