Settled softly in picturesque landscape near Cape Liptrap is 'Lara'. A unique private getaway for families and friends looking to spend time together.
Swim or fish at beautiful nearby beaches, relax or explore around the property, look for wildlife or play tennis, chat to the cattle over the fence or chat with friends on the verandah and enjoy the opportunity to simply unwind from city stress amongst the trees, the birds and the wildlife.
Set on 45 acres of country and garden, the house is a secluded mid century homestead. A sizeable and comfortable entertainer with two living and two dining areas. Five bedrooms are separated from the living end with all bedlinen supplied. Three bathrooms a laundry with beach rinse shower and a children's activity room. No second story or stairs, it's all single level so ideal for the grandparents and young children - there is plenty of space for everyone.
Set up with family holiday entertainment in mind there is a a full size tennis court, table tennis table, trampoline, BBQ and large outdoor setting. Plenty of lawn for the cricket match, parking for boats, tyre swings for the kids.
The location is an excellent central base to further explore South Gippsland.
- Consider a farm adventure tour with 'Gippsland Food Adventures' 5 mins up the road. Ask for details.
- A short drive and you are in the Cape Liptrap Coastal Park. Beautiful beaches, historic icons, a lighthouse and amazing views. Fishing, surfing, swimming, boating - take your choice.
- Visit Wilsons Promontory and spend the day hiking, swimming and exploring this magnificent National Park.
- Wineries, quaint country towns, farmers markets, Agnus Falls, and lots more to discover.
- We have a full range of brochures and map at the house to help you discover all the area has to offer.
OVER 100 GUEST BOOK REVIEWS:
Take a minute to read some reviews and gain an insight to how others enjoyed their time at Lara.
- Accommodates up to 12 guests.
- The living, casual dining and kitchen area are the hub of the house with a large dining table, ideal for the kids if adults want to eat separately in the 'good' dining room.
- 2 x cosy wood heaters with generous wood supply provided. Electric wall heaters.
- A children’s ACTIVITY room packed with toys games and puzzles,
- A gallery hall runs down the southern side of the house, taking in garden views either side. This connects living and sleeping ends of the house.
- A spacious lounge with 3 couches is a wonderful room for settling back with a book, a game, friends and a glass of local pinot.
- The ‘formal’ dining room is perfect for a memorable celebration meal, hosting a dinner part or just enjoy a sumptuous feast cooked using local produce.
-The house is north facing and full of natural light. Large floor to ceiling glass windows and sliding doors throughout all living areas. Winter sun streams in, summer sun stays back at the verandah edge.
- No airconditioning. The house remains cool for the greater part of summer being double skin brick with a verandah. 3 fans are supplied should you need them.
- A well stocked games cupboard with board games, card games and jigsaws is hard to go past on days when the weather is less inviting.
- The outdoor entertaining area is perfect for alfresco lunches, afternoon drinks and BBQ’s. BBQ has gas supplied, inc spare bottle.
The well stocked kitchen has everything we can think of to ensure you don't have to make do.
- Ample platters, glasses, crockery and cutlery, pots, pans, even sharp knives.
- An older style double freestanding cooker
- Large fridge/freezer and bar fridge
- Electric frypan, rice cooker, electric hand beaters, sandwich press, microwave, coffee grinder,
- Help yourself to the herb beds and rosemary hedge, generally full of happy herbs, even an apple from the apple tree when in season.
- 2 x TV's and DVD players with with heaps of DVD's
- A great supply of books and magazines to keep all ages happy.
- Well stocked games cupboard with popular boardgames
- No wifi provided but connectivity can be had via personal hotspot etc.
- Phone reception fine with the major providers
WE SUPPLY ALL YOUR BEDLINEN
- Freshly laundered with beds made up so you can begin relaxing straight away.
- We also supply all bath mats, hand towels and ample tea towels, you just need to bring your bath and beach towels.
- Master Bedroom - Queen Bed
- Bedroom 2 - Queen Bed
- Bedroom 3 - Queen Bed
- Bedroom 4 - Two singles
- Bedroom 5 - Four bunks plus trundle.
- Electric blankets on all beds bar bunks
- A portacot, toddler mattress plus bedding and high chair available if required
BATHROOMS & LAUNDRY:
Along with the master ensuite there is 2 further bathrooms.
- Level entry shower room
- Bathroom with bath
- Also a basic inside beach rinse shower off the laundry.
- The laundry has a big trough and a new front loader washing machine along with the bar fridge.
- Clothesline and clothes airer - no dryer.
We've made every effort to provide lots of things to keep all ages busy.
- There is lots to see and explore outside and the wide green lawns are great for a game
- The tennis court is great for a fun tournament. It's not championship standard but certainly family fun standard.
- Tennis raquets and balls provided.
- Then there’s the table tennis table, a trampoline, cricket set, quoits, hookey, crazy catch net boules and a number of other outdoor games and pastimes.
No trip to this part of the world is complete without a side trip to nearby Wilsons Prom, and the chance to spot some wildlife, stroll on Squeaky Beach, swim at Tidal river or hike through the national park's many walks.
- Also enjoy...
- Cape Liptrap coastal Park
- Paddock to plate farmers markets
- Local wineries - cellar door lunches and cold climate wines
- Selection of golf clubs
- Fish Creek township with the ever popular 9 acres cafe, galleries and Fish creek hotel
- Spectacular Agnus Falls
- Great Souther rail trail
- All bedlinen, doonas, extra warm blankets, pillows, bath mats, hand towels, tea towels.
- Soaps, cleaning items, dishwasher tabs, gar bags, toilet paper 2 x each toilet kitchen staples.
NOTE: Rubbish is collected by private cartage - so no smelly bags in the car on the way home.