Please note price includes all bedlinen - with beds made up.
Settled softly in picturesque landscape near Cape Liptrap on the South Coast is LARA a private and secluded 5 bedroom rural getaway. Set on acres of beautiful country garden, bush walks and including a rustic tennis court, you have this extensive private property all to yourself.
Enjoy the opportunity to unwind in relaxed style amongst the trees, the birds and the wildlife with no neighbours to be seen.
Great getaway for families and friends of all ages, it's an ideal house to share time away with others. Built in a time when 'good' lounges and formal dining rooms were in vogue, it's a sizeable, comfortable entertainer. 2 x living and 2 x dining areas, 5 x bedrooms separated from the living end, 3 x bathrooms and a children's activity room, there is space for everyone.
The location is an excellent central base to further explore South Gippsland.
- A short drive and you are in the Cape Liptrap Coastal Park. Beautiful beaches, historic icons, a lighthouse and amazing views will delight you. Fishing, surfing swimming, boating - take your choice.
- Visit Wilsons Prom and spend the day hiking, swimming and exploring this magnificent National Park.
- Wineries, quaint country towns, farmers markets and lots more to discover.
OVER 100 GUEST BOOK REVIEWS:
Take a minute to read some reviews and gain an insight to how others enjoyed their time at Lara.
- Single level, the house is suitable for all ages and occasions
- Accommodate up to 12 guests.
- The living, dining, kitchen area are the hub of the house with a large casual dining table
- 2 x cosy wood heaters with generous wood supply provided
- Formal dining room and spacious lounge
- A children’s ACTIVITY room packed with toys games and puzzles is just off the living room
A gallery hall runs down the southern side of the house, taking in garden views either side.This connects living and sleeping ends of the house. A spacious lounge with 3 couches is a wonderful room for settling back with a book, a game, friends and a glass of local pinot.
The ‘formal’ dining room is perfect for a memorable celebration meal, hosting a dinner part or just enjoy a sumptuous feast cooked using local produce.
The house is north facing and full of natural light. Large floor to ceiling glass windows and sliding doors throughout all living areas. Winter sun streams in, summer sun stays back at the verandah edge.
A well stocked games cupboard of board games, card games and jigsaws is hard to go past on days when the weather is less inviting.
The outdoor entertaining area is perfect for alfresco lunches, afternoon drinks and BBQ’s. BBQ has gas supplied, inc spare bottle.
- 2 x TV's and DVD players with with heaps of DVD's
- A great supply of books and magazines to keep all ages happy.
- Well stocked games cupboard with popular boardgames
- No wifi provided but connectivity can be had via personal hotspot etc.
- Phone reception fine with the major providers
A great feature of Lara - guests keep telling us, is the bedrooms are well separated from the living areas, making sleeping and entertaining possible.
- WE SUPPLY ALL YOUR BEDLINEN
- Freshly laundered with beds made up so you can begin relaxing straight away.
- We also supply all bath mats, hand towels and ample tea towels. Bath towels are BYO.
- Master Bedroom - Queen Bed
- Bedroom 2 - Queen Bed
- Bedroom 3 - Queen Bed
- Bedroom 4 - Two singles
- Bedroom 5 - Four bunks plus trundle.
- Electric blankets on all beds (bar bunks)
- A portacot, toddler mattress plus bedding and high chair available if required
The well stocked kitchen has everything we can think of to ensure you don't have to make do.
- Ample platters, glasses, crockery and cutlery, pots, pans, even sharp knives.
- An older style double freestanding cooker
- Large fridge/freezer and bar fridge
- Elec frypan, rice cooker, elec hand beaters, sandwich press, microwave, dishwasher
- Help yourself to the herb beds and rosemary hedge, generally full of happy herbs, even a n apple from the apple tree when in season.
BATHROOMS & LAUNDRY:
Along with the master ensuite there is 2 further bathrooms.
- Level entry shower room
- Bathroom with bath
- Also a basic inside beach rinse shower off the laundry.
- The laundry has a big trough and a new front loader washing machine along with the bar fridge.
- Clothesline and clothes airer - no dryer.
We've made every effort to provide lots of things to keep all ages busy.
- There is lots to see and explore outside and the wide green lawns are great for a game
- The tennis court is great for a fun tournament. It's not championship standard but certainly family fun standard.
- Tennis raquets and balls provided.
- Then there’s the table tennis table, a trampoline, cricket set, quoits, hookey, crazy catch net boules and a number of other outdoor games and pastimes.
No trip to this part of the world is complete without a side trip to nearby Wilsons Prom, and the chance to spot some wildlife, stroll on Squeaky Beach, swim at Tidal river or hike through the national park's many walks.
- Also enjoy...
- Cape Liptrap coastal Park
- Paddock to plate farmers markets
- Local wineries - cellar door lunches and cold climate wines
- Selection of golf clubs
- Fish Creek township with the ever popular 9 acres cafe, galleries and Fish creek hotel
- Spectacular Agnus Falls
- Great Souther rail trail
- All bedlinen, doonas, extra warm blankets, pillows, bath mats, hand towels, tea towels.
- Soaps, cleaning items, dishwasher tabs, gar bags, toilet paper (2 x each toilet) kitchen staples.
NOTE: Rubbish is collected.