Be among the first to discover life DOWN A SLOW LANE ......our gorgeous, freshly renovated cottage in Foster with a middle-of-the-bush outlook which belies its location - a short stroll from the centre of town. The house is 600m, or just 8 minutes walk from the center of Foster pop 1600.
Down a Slow Lane suits couples, families, or small groups of friends wanting to enjoy a relaxing getaway. It is an ideal base from which to explore some of the fantastic attractions of the region - Wilson's Promontory National Park, the beaches of Waratah Bay, Cape Liptrap, the wineries, the villages of Tarwin Valley, monthly markets, the Great Southern Rail Trail, Agnes Falls and Port Albert historic fishing village.
We know that many of you love to bring your pets along with you on holiday - so we welcome well behaved dogs and other small pets by prior arrangement. They can even sleep indoors, but we require that they don't enter the bedrooms, nor get upon or put paws on furniture. There is a fully fenced backyard.
There is plenty to do in Foster itself, with Stockyard Gallery and the Historical Museum, local walking trails, cafes, shops, supermarkets and hotel all within walking distance. In addition there is an excellent playground at the nearby Showgrounds, and Foster golf course is a short drive away.
Down a Slow Lane backs onto The Foster Mountain Bike Trail, an awesome network of dedicated mountain bike trails and 7 km loop within the Foster Flora and Fauna Reserve. Built for MTB racing, it has a combination of blue and black trails for XC riders to enjoy.
ACCESS: There is a combination key-holder so you are able to access the key however late your arrival. We are always happy to answer any questions you may have and where possible will offer you an early check-in or late check-out
DOWN A SLOW LANE provides all you'd want for a relaxing weekend or mid-week escape including:
- 2 light-filled, cosy bedrooms - very comfy beds
- 1 room with queen size bed,
- 1 room with two king singles
- Quality 100 cotton bed linen and bath towels provided
- Plenty of storage for clothes and luggage
- Portacot and highchair available on request
- Spacious cooks kitchen - timber features, laminate-free
- A selection of teas, freshly ground coffee, salt and pepper, olive oil, along with fresh milk in the fridge
- 5 Burner Euro Gas stove
- 400L fridge
- Beautiful cookbooks for inspiration.
- French press, stove-top espresso and Aeropress coffee makers
- Quality cookware and utensils
- Dish washing detergent, tea-towels, cling wrap, Handi-towels and alfoil supplied
- Vintage kitchen linen
- Long table for slow dinners with friends and family
- Afternoon sun on the deck
- Large timber deck area overlooking bush views
- Book lovers selection of favourite books - classic and contemporary
- Board games - some of the classics: backgammon, monopoly, puzzles
- Children's puzzles, wooden and vintage toys, colouring pencils
- Wood Firebox with firewood and kindling supplied
- Reverse cycle air-con
- Great selection of magazines
- TV and DVD player
- Bose Bluetooth speaker
- Quality bath towels, hand towels, face washers, tissues and toilet paper supplied
- Shampoo, conditioner, body wash, hand wash provided
- Washing machine
- Iron, ironing board and hairdryer
- There are no cleaning or add-on fees
- Natural/chemical free cleaning products
IN THE GARDEN
- Large established specimen trees
- Lemon Tree