Welcome to Wilsons Promontory Ocean View Retreat. This ‘off the grid” home has breathtaking views across all of Wilson’s Promontory, the vista from the house also takes in the ocean, Corner and Shallow Inlets. Gaze across rolling hills and you will see networks of South Gippsland’s fine farms with cows and sheep grazing just beyond the property’s fenceline. Delight in watching amazing sunsets and sunrises and spectacular moon rises if the timing of your stay is right, watch the weather roll in across the ocean and witness the most incredible stars in the night sky.
We pride ourselves on providing you with a wonderful place to stay, in a setting that is modern, with the attention to detail which will ensure you have a comfortable and easy stay.
The house is gorgeous with Tassie oak timber floors in the main living areas and carpet in the bedrooms. The parents retreat master bedroom has a king size bed, WIR, ensuit with a bath and shower and outdoor access. Bedroom two is a gallery room with a queen size bed and outdoor access. Bedroom 3 has a queen size bed with build in robes and outdoor access. Bedroom 4 has a queen size bed, build in robes, a desk and outdoor access. All bedroom have a spacious feel, doonas, pillows, bedside tables and lamps.
The kitchen is fully equipped with quality pots and pans, ample crockery, cutlery and glassware, along with a great selection of serving bowls and platters. An electric induction cooktop, electric oven and microwave are supplied, along with dishwasher, kettle, toaster, blender and coffee plunger.
Our lounge suite in the main living space may be the most comfortable one you have ever sat in and will allow you to sit back and watch TV or pop in a favourite DVD’s, listen to a CD’s, read a book or just sit and watch the clouds form different shapes. Enjoy the cool, ambient temperature of the house during the warmer months or snuggle up in front in the fire place in colder times-the house is gorgeous at any time of year.
The theatre room contains state of the art surround sound, huge screen and projector for a truly authentic movie experience. You can simply watch TV or play your favourite DVD or play a CD. The back of the theatre room contains by-folding doors which you can choose to open up for an outdoor movie experience.
The second bathroom has a shower and basin with a separate toilet and basin. Hand wash, hand towels and toilet paper are provided.
The laundry is well equipped and maintained with a front loader washing machine, laundry detergent, pegs, broom, laundry basket etc.
You can choose to sit around the front or the back on the outdoor ‘park’ style table and bench setting allowing you to dine outside, looking out across the spectacular view.
IF YOU EVER LEAVE THE HOUSE
There are so many wonderful attractions in close proximity to the property:
• 25 minute drive to the gate of Wilsons Prom
• 12 minute drive to the beaches of Sandy Point patrolled in summer months and Waratah bay if you want to enjoy surf beaches and also to Shallow Inlet if you want to enjoy activities for calmer waters. Fishing spots abound in Corner and Shallow inlets and there are various fishing charter companies in the region if you are wanting to venture out.
• Beaches of Walkerville are close by, along with their historic lime kilns and cemetery and rugged coastline walks.
• Fish Creek village is a 6 minute drive away and there you can enjoy a meal in one of the cafes or the iconic Fish Creek art deco Hotel, or take in the galleries.
• Foster is a 15 minute drive if you are wanting supermarkets, visitor information centre and a variety of specialty shops.
• Basia Mille winery is only a 10 minute walk from the property, with wine tasting and cellar door available.
• Ride or walk the extensive and well-maintained rail trail which runs all the way from Leongatha through to Welshpool, passing right thought the centre of Fish Creek
Also in the region:
• Agnes Falls
• Port Albert historic fishing village
• Stony Creek Go Carts
• Various markets-farmer’s markets and craft markets
• Plus much more
We keep a variety of pamphlets in the cottage about local attractions and things to do for you to peruse and select from.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
On a practical note, we aim to make your stay as easy as possible by supplying the following:
• Hand wash and toilet paper
• Laundry detergent
• Dishwasher and dishwashing detergents, tea towels, bin liners, glad wrap and alfoil
• Tea, coffee, sugar, salt and pepper, olive oil, a selection of herbs and spices and honey.
• All bedlinen and towels are supplied including hand towels, bathmat, etc but you do need to bring your own beach towels
• Big Screen projector with surround sound, Flat screen TV, DVD player, CD player with Bluetooth capability
We are always happy to answer any questions you may have and where possible will offer you an early check-in or late check-out
Minimum 2 night stay for Friday/Saturday or Saturday/Sunday bookings - Thx