ESCAPE IN THE KIEWA VALLEY .......Serenity, views, nature, relaxation ................
STAY IN A PEACFUL COUNTRY LOCATION, but still be within EASY DRIVING DISTANCE from Beechworth, Yackandandah, Lake Hume, Albury/Wodonga, Bright and Mt Beauty (the gateway to the snow fields at Falls Creek.
A recent guest said: "Huge comfortable house and grounds that are fully fenced. It's fabulous to find a place where dogs are made very welcome and not just tolerated ! Close to all attractions the area has to offer from snowfields to wineries and restaurants, country villages, antiques and artisans"
Another guest said: "Lovely place, great views to the hills and a handy distance to Bright, Beechworth, Wodonga and Mt Beauty handy to wineries"
Imagine having this private retreat entirely to yourself for the duration of your stay. Wake to the sound of birds. Stroll through the established native gardens. Sit under the huge shade trees and read a book. Watch the sunrise over the mountains. Marvel at the magnificent 360 degree views or just listen to and watch the endless variety of bird life that call this small area of heaven home.
Enjoy the ambience and privacy of the well-appointed house, located on a quiet laneway about 1km from the main Kiewa Highway. It is situated on 5 acres and is surrounded by large-acreage farmland so peace, privacy and serenity are guaranteed.
Luxuries and a view from every room.......
The modernised house provides large family living with views from every room.
The property can accommodate 2-12 people comfortably. The four-bedroom house is large enough for each person to have their own space and sleeps 2-8 people. In addition, there is a separate cabin with its own ensuite which can accommodate a further 2-4 people. The cabin is not rented separately from the house so if you choose to stay, you are guaranteed to be the only people on the property.
Main bedroom has a queen bed, ensuite and its own LED TV, DVD and Stereo system. Second bedroom has two king singles (or one king size bed), third bedroom has two singles and fourth bedroom has a queen bed. The cabin has a double bed and can sleep up to 3 additional singles.
The house is air-conditioned with two whisper-quiet reverse cycle split systems. The lounge room has a wood-fired combustion heater and 42" LED TV and DVD player (with a large DVD library available). The main bathroom is newly renovated with an elegant free standing oval bath, separate shower and modern basin whilst the main bedroom has its own ensuite. The reading room invites relaxation, with a stereo system and a library of books to read. The kitchen is newly renovated with modern appliances, stone bench tops, espresso coffee machine and coffee filter, and adjoins a generous full size dining room.
Enjoy the outdoor lifestyle with a fully-functioning under cover BBQ area which includes a BBQ, large table & chairs, beer fridge and magnificent views. Or choose to sit quietly in the native garden in a number of secluded spots and marvel at the myriad of birds and native plants.
No need to entertain the kids……
We have provided for families - porta cot/high chair, toys, mountain bikes, ride ons for smaller children, board games - and plenty of outdoor room and shade for everyone to enjoy the outdoors. Or perhaps the kids would like to feed our minature horse Princess, or Bluey & Mendholsen - the alpaccas. There is also the “Kids Retreat”. This cabin is separate from the house and is stocked with a Playstation 2, Singstar, Buzz, PS2 games, and kids DVDs. The kids can make all the noise they like, and your peace and quiet will not be interrupted.
Pets are welcome by prior arrangement.
Plenty to do within 15 minutes...... and only 20-40 minute drive from most major centres
Do absolutely nothing, or have an action packed break without having to travel far -
* Feed our minature horse Princess and our alpaccas Bluey & Mendholsen.
* Walk down to the Kiewa River and try your hand at fishing for Murray Cod, Redfin or Trout. If you feel inclined, you can plunge into the crisp clear waters and cool off.
* Borrow our mountain bikes and cycle down the laneway....or cycle a section of the Lake Hume Rail Trail.
* Go fishing, boating or water skiing at Lake Hume.
* Have a gourmet lunch at renowned restaurant Waddingtons at Kergunyah. This restaurant offers quality Australian cuisine with emphasis on local produce.
* Visit the historic local pub at Dederang.
* Visit local wineries in Gundowring and Mt Beauty or further afield in Beechworth, Yackandandah and Rutherglen. Cecannti is a boutique winery in Gundowring which offers cellar door sales as well as Tuscan cuisine.
* Cycle the High Country Rail trail which covers 55km over three stages.
* Sample the gourmet delights of the region - Sweetwater Brewery, Alpine Olives, Alpine Tea Company, Alpine Estate Olive Oil - to name a few.
* For those interested in historical architecture, visit the towns of Beechworth and Yackandandah, both within a 20-30 minute drive.
* Go 4WD driving on nearby 4WD tracks/State Forrest Fire trails.
* Take one of an unlimited amount of bush walks (both short and long) in the Kiewa Valley.
* Go horse-riding at Tawonga South, or road cycling or mountain biking in Mt Beauty.