Stanley Goose Country Cottage is your "Home Away from Home" in the North East of Victoria.
Our private, studio-style Cottage is 50 square metres of light-filled spacious areas with garden views from every room. Generous bedroom/loungeroom, comfortably accommodates 3 queen bed & single bed. Separate, fully-equipped kitchen, separate, modern laundry & toilet, modern 'wet area' bathroom with double, walk-in shower.
Large undercover dining and lounge area with undercover BBQ and fresh, potted herbs and seasonal vegetables, complimentary for our guests.
Quality, natural fibre bed linen and thick, absorbent towlels. Certified organic bathroom products and pantry items.
Our property and accommodation are free of nasty chemicals. We use only the finest, eco-friendly cleaning products.
Perfect for a romantic weekend retreat or a longer stay to explore the many attractions of our region.
Located in the rural hamlet of Stanley, a 10 minute scenic drive from the historic township of Beechworth.
30 minute scenic drive to Myrtleford
40 minutes to Wangaratta, Yackandandah, Chiltern, Mt. Buffalo and Lake Buffalo
Within 1 hour drive to snow fields, Milawa Gourmet Food Region, Rutherglen Wine Region, Bright, Albury/Wodonga.
Let us know your interests and we will do our best to help you make the most of your stay.
Things to do
- Bring your telescope and gaze at brilliant night skies
- Laze on the verandah and watch native birds or visiting kangaroos, echidnas and koalas and of course our beautiful geese
- Stroll around our elevated 10 acre property and view surrounding farmlands, forests and mountains
- Pick a variety of herbs grown around your studio for fresh herbal tea or to enhance your home-cooked meal
- 10-15 minute walk to the famous Stanley Pub
- Bike ride the rail trail to gourmet food outlets
- Drive to Mt. Stanley for spectacular views
- Drive to Beechworth to explore historic buildings, Beechworth Gold, Beechworth Honey, Beechworth Ghost Tours, Beechworth Gaol, specialist shops, Chinese Gardens, Chinese Burning Towers, the Beechworth Gorge - and much more
- From Beechworth a short drive to Woolshed Falls, Mt. Pilot Lookout and Yeddonba - Aboriginal Rock Art Sites.
- Beechworth Farmers' Markets first Saturday of each month.