Authentic Log Cabin -
Tewksbury Lodge offers the unique experience of accommodation in an authentic, hand crafted Canadian style log cabin.
The lodge is self catering and comfortably appointed with superior furnishings, log fire and spa.
Situated on 2 acres of picturesque gardens with river frontage and views to Mt Buffalo. The Murray to Mountains Rail Trail for walking and cycling passes the front of the property.
Tewksbury Lodge provides an ideal retreat, uniquely different with the warmth and ambience only a true log home can provide.
Recline in your leather lounge chairs inside, or sit back and relax outside in comfy chairs on the spacious verandah, with a private BBQ, overlooking secluded gardens.
Multi-award winning property:
"Best Hosted Accommodation" - 2006, 2007 & 2009 Alpine Business & Tourism Awards
Finalist - 2011 & 2012 Victorian Tourism Awards.
Sleep Easy - We are Carbon Neutral
Tewksbury Lodge is an Eco Friendly dwelling and we pride ourselves on being environmentally responsible.
- 26 solar panels collect the suns energy and generate most of the properties electricity needs
- Double glazed windows increase insulation characteristics; warm in winter, cool in summer
- Grid electric power is 100 renewable, sourced from Hydro Electric generation
- The Lodge is a superb insulator. A conventional house has an insulation value varying from R2 to R4. This log cabin has an insulation value of R16. The very high insulation capacity reduces heating and cooling requirements.
- Large logs have another wonderful property - their thermal mass; they are capable of storing heat. When the cabin temperature is lowered e.g., at night they give back heat into the rooms until the temperature is again equalized.
- A skylight minimises the need for artificial lighting during the day
- Ceiling fans reduce heating and A/C needs
- High efficiency instant gas hot water is used for it’s suitability to intermittent usage
- Hi-Tech lighting is used for optimal energy efficiency