Hovering above Morses Creek and the Diggings Nature Reserve in the picturesque valley of Wandiligong a 5 min drive to Bright or an easy bike ride along Wandi's bike path rests THE EVENING STAR. Huge glass doors, windows and decks capture the beauty, tranquillity and magnificence of the mountains and its valley. Its position, décor and amenities invite you to REST, RELAX and RECHARGE. Our choice of colours and materials throughout the house and its decks are muted, subdued, natural and earthy.
In August 2016 we completed the upgrade of one of the bathrooms to a beautiful, spacious ensuited spa bathroom with a spa bath that incorporates MicroSilk technology - you can read about its beauty and health benefits on the MicroSilk website. The shower is also "state of the art" and features Aurajet technology.
Natural Essence shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, body lotion, soaps and bath salts as well as bamboo bath towel sets are provided in both bathrooms.
Comfy beds dressed in Pure French Flax Linen, soft and beautiful to sleep in.
A Pillow Menu to further enhance your sleep comfort
Chocolate hearts on the beds.
Open plan living allows you to fully enjoy the beauty of our setting.
Large modular leather lounge.
Open fire for winter ambience unlimited wood supply
Large Smart TV
Kitchen stocked with everything you need to cook or bake.
DECK & FIREPIT
Outdoor lounge with shade sail erected during warmer months.
Outdoor table, chairs and umbrella.
Occasional chairs and table
Outdoor firepit and chairs unlimited wood
EXTRAS WE SUPPLY
-fresh eggs, bacon, tomatoes, mushrooms, milk and juice
-bread, butter, condiments
-T2 teas, variety of black, green and white, herbal, chai
-coffee pods, many strengths and flavours for you to choose from
-chai and chocolate pods
-local bottle of wine and nibbles
The Wandi Pub old pub atmosphere, good food, drinks and music just a short stroll away.
Wandiful Produce, a biodynamic micro farm, produce store and shed café farm to table
Wandi Maze, Café and Mini Golf, 2 kilometres of maze pathways, licensed café, renowned home baked cakes; just a short walk across the swing bridge below the property
Nightingale Farm Store, local produce, fruit, vegetables, nuts, juices and ciders
Walking Tracks beneath property follow course of river all the way into Bright with swing bridges, BBQ and picnic tables, fishing spots, bird hide and local swimming hole
Bike Paths, links into Mountain to Murray bike trail network
Wineries, Cafes, Restaurants, Boutique Breweries, Artisan Chocolate Factory, Cheese Factory, Farm Gates and Farms
Mount Buffalo National Park
Alpine National Park
Hiking and Cycle Paths
Golf Clubs and so much more. Just visit Bright Information Centre
The Evening Star provides 1 x king size bed in the master bedroom boasting magnificent mountain views and 1 x queen bed in the second bedroom. The property has two modern bathrooms making it ideal for one or two couples.
All towels & Fresh Linen provided.
Check in 3:00pm
Check out 11:00am
Strictly NO CHILDREN UNDER 10
Strictly NO PETS
NO SMOKING indoors
No Parties, Weddings or functions without consent of owners and property manager.
Minimum two night stay
Christmas / New Year 1 week
Long Weekends 3-4 nights
Prices are per couple per night for master bedroom. Use of second bedroom and second bathroom for extra adults is $15 per night.
The Perfect Gift for Someone - Gift Vouchers Available
"From the moment we set foot inside we realised the "Million Dollar Mountain Views" was an understatement. This place is truly priceless. An amazing place that provided us with all the essentials to relax, unwind, appreciate wildlife and nature. Just magical"
Mark & Suzi.
"Thank you for providing such a magical place. The balcony is ideal for inspiration, thought and perspective. I came here to getaway; to make the world stop. I achieved much more than a holiday. I feel inspired, energised and ready to start anew. The stars were spectacular, the ambience calming. Your home helps to influence all of natures wonder into whoever visits. Thank you."
"Our stay was one of the best experiences in a very long time.
Great location, quiet, immaculate and the owners seemed to think of everything.
We have already recommended The Evening Star to many of our friends even though we would rather keep it a secret. "
"Thank you for letting my family stay in your beautiful house. We could not have wished for anything more perfect. The city stress melted from our shoulders as we sat on your decking. We loved the house design; we kept wondering how we could have a holiday house just like it We hope we can come again."
"We had a delightful stay in Wandi. Loved the house, the views, and the stars. Looking forward to our next stay."
Gabrielle and Alistair, Vic
"From opening the front door of The Evening Star I felt instantly at home. The place manages to provide first class, contemporary accommodation with a cosy, welcoming feel. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay and plan to return some time soon. "
"Great house, best equipped self-contained accomodation we have encountered. Thanks for having us."
Bernadette & Nicholas
"The house design is fab, with all our needs catered for. Loved the espresso machine & deck It's the perfect place for stressed people to relax. Thanks for thinking of everything."
Lynda & Craig
5 Things that you MUST do while staying here:
1. Visit Mount Buffalo national park. It is a half hour drive, and visually spectacular. You must do a walk, and see what the world looks like from this amazing rock formation. Take a swim in the pure granite swimming holes or hire a canoe on lake Catani.
2. Have a coffee or lunch at the Wandi Maze. It is a 5 minute walk from the house through the historic diggings. This is the largest living hedge maze in Australia, and the gardens surrounding the cafe are sooooooo relaxing. Try a piece of the enormous delicious passionfruit sponge cake
3. Have dinner at Simone's restaurant in Bright. The restaurant is award winning and is located in a beautiful historic house right in town.
The cuisine is to die for
Especially the chocolate plate for dessert.
4. At night under a clear starry sky, you simply must stargaze from the deck of The Evening Star. The deck has been designed so that you are immersed beneath a truly spectacular night sky. There are no streetlights that will affect your experience with unwanted light. Once you stand on that deck at night and take in the beauty of the sky up here, you'll want to sleep all day just to have enough energy to do it all again the next night.
5. Go for a day trip to up to Mount Hotham and Dinner Plain. On the way up to Mount Hotham you could stop off and walk across the Razorback to Mount Feathertop. The views and sense of space from up there are truly mind blowing. If you are feeling extravagant after this call in to the Dinner Plain Day Spa for a massage or dip in the Japanese inspired Onsen, or just kick back in the pub and have lunch or an ale. However if you just feel like hanging around Wandi and a massage at The Evening Star would cap off a relaxing day, just call Cherie and she will arrange for a qualified masseur be there.
There is so much to do and see you'll need a whole week