Situated on the Jamieson River, in Victoria’s legendary High Country, and only 50 mins from the Mount Buller snowfields,
Jamieson Cottages by the River offer 4 fully self-contained cottages in a beautiful river/garden setting accommodating up to 20 people.
The Cottages are a short 2 minute walk to the local cafe, pub, general store and are close to Jamiesons many attractions.
Walk through the garden and out the back gate to the tranquil Jamieson river where you can try your hand fishing for trout, take a refreshing dip, or simply relax to the gentle sounds of the river. BBQ and picnic facilities and the renowned River Walk are also at your back doorstep.
Jamieson, where the Jamieson and Goulburn Rivers meet and flow into Lake Eildon, was once a thriving gold mining town, but is now a quiet country getaway, renowned now for its beautiful gardens and mountain surrounds, relaxed atmosphere and outdoor recreation.
This cottage may take you back a few years to nana’s old kitchen dresser, the antique bedroom dressing table, the old style lamps and the hounds on the pressed metal fire surround!
Cosy and welcoming, this two bedroom cottage provides accommodation for up to 4 guests in a queen and two single beds.
A fully equipped kitchen including a full size fridge and microwave offer the option of dining in (or on the cottage verandah) and a slow burning wood fire adds to the ambience. Split system heating is also available.
Our guests are supplied with an initial supply of wood. Extra wood is available at a cost of $15 per basket.
Bushwalking, 4WD tracks, swimming in the Jamieson and Goulburn rivers, Kayak in local Eildon weir, visit wineries and the historic Kevington / Woods Point areas, Jamieson Berry farm, trout fishing, hot air ballooning, Mansfield Zoo, horse riding and nearby Mt Buller.
Air conditioning, Washing machine, Parking
- Non-Smoking, Children welcome
- Outdoor grill, Tennis, Deck/Patio, Lawn/Garden
- Entertainment and Family
- DVD player, Video library, Games, Parking, Books, Hair dryer, Living room, Television
- Kitchen and Dining
- Kitchen, Microwave, Dining, Dishes and utensils, Oven, Refrigerator, Stove, Toaster
- Linen and Cleaning
- Linens provided, Iron and board, Washing machine, Towels provided
- Heating and Cooling
- Air conditioning, Heating, Ceiling fan, Wood stove
- beautifully appointed cottages, flat screen TV's, located in town centre, slow burning wood fires, choice of DVD's/CD's, walk to local cafe/pub, books/magazines/games, situated on the Jamieson river , beautiful garden surrounds