Mont Bay Chalet offers you the unique village feel amongst an array of activities that you can only dream about doing all from one place. Wake up in the morning and walk down the hallway from your bedroom and you all ready have the glistening views of the water and surrounding mountains before the kettle has boiled. Nestled in amongst the privacy of trees, the home looks deceivingly quaint from the front, but once inside there are so many places to relax.
You will feel like you have unwound before you have even sat down. It is a perfect location to come as a couple, family, adult group of friends, girls or guys weekend - Mont Bay Chalet and it's surrounds can accommodate all.
Fully furnished, with an entertainers kitchen and outside BBQ and seating area, lounge with open fire, kids play room with TV, Wii and lots of boardgames, two main bedrooms, with optional third and kids bunk room, bathroom with a relaxing bath and everything you need in a laundry, so you can also go home from your holiday completely organized. Mont Bat Chalet can sleep 10 comfortably, all in their own beds. There are spare mattresses we can arrange should you have more to accommodate.
Have a new baby/toddler - worried about all the gear required and the room it will take ? Mont Bay Chalet has a Porta Cot, High Chair, Baby Bath, Potty, Play Mat, Toddler Stair Gate and Stroller, all you need to bring are a few favorite toys.
The Goughs Bay General Store just a 5 minute walk, has all you need from take away food, newspapers and mags, petrol, alcohol and a great array of groceries. The Mansfield Township is only 15 mins drive with supermarkets, restaurants, bakery's, all services and the local markets. Grab what you have in the fridge and pantry at home, come up and let the weekend unfold. It takes the hassle out of shopping before your holiday and let's you really enjoy what is on offer in the local area.
Get the most out of your stay, ask for a late check out and we will accommodate, providing we don't have another booking. Don't want to do the cleaning as per the terms and conditions - no worries we can arrange a cleaner to come in do the cleaning for an extra charge. Smoking is not permitted in Mont Bay Chalet, but on the outside deck there are facilities. Also attached to the deck posts are insect repallents, turn them on while outside and you will be free of bugs whenever you want to enjoy the outdoors.
So what are you going to do ?
- Waterskiing, Kneeboarding, Wakeboarding, Tubing, Wake surfing and Jet Boat skiing. All at your door step with three boat ramps, very easy access to Lake Eildon and the flat waters of the Big River and Jamison arm, just bring your boat and gear. The closet boat ramp is less than 400 metres from Mont Bay Chalet, you can walk there. Wake up in the morning walk out on the deck and the glistening waters will beckon you to come and play. Your boat and gear is secure in the private driveway, just back it in ready for the next outing.
- Snow-skiing, Snowboarding, Tobogganing - all 45 mins from your door on to the ski slopes of Mount Buller or 35 to Mount Stirling. Up at 7, quick bite to eat, snow gear on and before 8am you are on the mountain skiing for the day. Arriving home is even easier, with the open fire and lounge to sit down, relax and talk about your moves on the mountain.
- 4 Wheel Driving, Motorbike and Mountain Bike Riding - The famous pines and mountain ranges are 5 minutes away from your doorstep, with many tracks and adventures to be had. You can ride/drive all day, come home and relax in the comfort of Mont Bay Chalet, while planning the next adventures, in a terrain which offers so many tracks to explore.
- Bushwalking/Hiking - If you enjoy the smell of fresh air, landscape of the country and lots of options for walking, you have picked one of Victorias beautiful county sides. Pack a picnic lunch and take a walk along the beautiful tracks, some peaceful and some for the energetic mountain climbers.
- Fishing - Yes they are biting, Red Fin and Trout are everywhere and waiting for the keen fisherman/women to get the bait on the hook and enjoy the serenity while catching the next meal, come home oven bake or cook it on the BBQ.
- The Food Connoisseur - within Goughs there is the Red Fin Cafe, which has beautiful home made muffins, scrumptious fish and chips and pizza or head to one of the local wineries. Mansfield offers so many al la carte restaurants, cafes and pub meals, you could eat out every meal and still have to come back to check out the rest of the dining places - there are so many and all deserving of having a bite to eat.
Not in to adventure just bring some movies and a book to relax by the fire or on the deck. It's all about being away and enjoying the "serenity".
Mont Bay Chalet Furiture may not be exact when arriving, due to updates and different configurations, but we will maintain the high quality.
Mont Bay Chalet Accomodation
Queen size bed
Queen size bed
Two single bunks. Room sleeps 4 people
Shower and full size bath in bathroom, with separate toilet.
Shower and toilet with washing machine and dryer.
Electric blankets on Queen size beds. We provide doonas and pillows for all beds and ask guests to BYO linen doona cover, top and bottom sheets, pillowcases and towels.
Mont Bay Chalet Bucket List
1. Hot Air Balloon Ride with Champagne Breakfast
2. Goughs Bay Maze
3. Mansfield Zoo
4. Lake Eildon and surrounds Scenic Flight
5. Jamison Brewery with a vast selection of beers and fudge
6. Horse Back Riding Adventure
7. Aqua cafe and bar - Lake Eildon - 20 min boat trip from Goughs
8. Snow ski on the local snow mountains
9. Bike ride around the local country side
10. Pack a picnic lunch and head for Picnic Point over looking the waters of Goughs Bay