Get back to nature, peace and quiet at Cosy Mountain Retreat. Enjoy:
- A beautiful mudbrick cottage for your exclusive use
- The space of a 17 acre property adjoining the National Park
- Wonderful mountain views with deep green landscapes
- Great walking and cycling on the O’Shannassy Aqueduct Trail that backs onto the property
- Abundant birdlife at your window, including king parrots, rosellas, cockatoos, kookaburras, and many more
- Relaxing cafes and restaurants in historic and picturesque Warburton, 10 minutes away.
Yarra Ranges Cosy Mountain Retreat is a 17 acre property adjoining the Yarra Ranges National Park and the O’Shannassy Aqueduct walking / cycling trail. Accommodation is in a beautifully designed mud brick cottage: Red Earth Cottage - for your exclusive use. It was formerly operated as Yumbara Mountain Retreat, but is under new ownership and has been refurnished.
The cottage is self-contained, with two open plan bedrooms (downstairs and upstairs) each with very comfortable queen sized beds. There is a lounge area, dining space, kitchen, and bathroom, with a bath and a shower. Cooking facilities include: a slow combustion oven; electric hot plates; a microwave oven; a small bench top convection oven, barbeque, toaster, kettle, fridge and a range of cooking utensils.
You can prepare meals for yourself in the cottage, or take a 10 minute drive to Warburton, with its many delightful cafes and restaurants. It is also an easy drive to the wonderful wineries / restaurants / galleries that can be found in the Yarra Valley.
The cottage is set in a lovely and peaceful garden, with abundant birdlife and spectacular views of the mountain. The space is very conducive to meditation, yoga, the creative arts – or just reading a novel and regenerating. For film buffs, there is an extensive and much appreciated DVD collection.
Yarra Ranges Cosy Mountain Retreat is well suited to adults for romantic getaways, families for fun time together, executives wanting a weekend retreat, yoga practitioners and artists seeking a peaceful space in nature, cyclists and bushwalkers.
The cottage is ideal for 2 adults or a family small family. Children, no more than 2, stay for free. It is not suitable for 4 adults.
Your resident host, Paul, lives in a separate house on the property and is available during your stay should you require anything. The cottage has private parking and access.
You will enjoy the peace and quiet of the area - time just stands still!
- Yarra Ranges National Park and the O’Shannassy Aqueduct walking / cycling trail (which you have direct access to from the property – no need to get in the car)
- 5 minute drive to Buddha Bodhivana Monastery
- 10 minute drive to Warburton, with its many delightful cafes and restaurants.
- 15 minute drive to the Rainforest Gallery, Acheron Way
- 30 minute drive to Mt Donna Buang (with snow in Winter)
- Easy drive to the wonderful wineries / restaurants / galleries that can be found in the Yarra Valley.