This self-contained holiday home with views has cathedral ceilings, polished floors, quality furniture and appliances with modern conveniences such as ducted air-conditioning, ducted heating and terrific wood burner, dishwasher, oven, microwave, TV, DVD, music system and washing machine.
The kitchen, dining and living room are all placed in a great room.
There are fully covered deep verandahs around two sides of the house, with outside furniture and a gas barbecue, providing mountain views.
On your way to the cottage you will drive past at least 6 wineries.
For a two person booking we will normally provide one bedroom and one king size bed. If two couples book the house both will have a king size bed. Other arrangements can be accommodated but need to be requested. The second bedroom can also be made up as twin beds on request. If guests want to have bed configurations that are not the default eg 2 people will normally have one bedroom and one king bed, then it is their responsibility to let the host know. It may involve a surcharge. No smoking and no pets. Linens, towels and pillows are provided.
Yarra Junction is a village with a supermarket, butchers, bakeries, gift shops and several cafes situated close to many wineries. The central location provides easy access to Warburton, Healesville, Yarra Glen, Gembrook, Poweltown and Noojee for example. About an hour, or less, away for Yea, Kinglake, Mt Donna Buang and Lake Mountain.
Warratina Lavender Harvest
Enjoy the experience of the lavender harvest season. Learn about lavender and visit the Drying Shed with hundreds of bunches hanging from the ceiling.
The Tea Rooms and Gift Shop offer lavender delicacies, scones, ice-cream and many gifts to remember your experience. The garden walks through the private homestead gardens.
1. Check in is after 3pm and checkout is by 11am. But if you want to arrive earlier or stay a little longer, please just ask. Quiet time after 10pm
2. While the property is well cleaned between every guest stay we kindly ask that you put away cleaned dishes and kitchenware, put out rubbish to exterior bins However if the place is messy and we have to do cleaning beyond normal, then we may deduct a further cleaning fee from the security deposit.
3. Many people need to have a smoke free we would add candle free also and pet free house for their break. Please ensure that is still possible for future visitors.
4. In order that we can continue to keep costs down, heating or cooling should be turned off when you depart, and when you are out for the day.
5. We understand accidents happen but please let us know when they do. Often these can be fixed easily especially if we know in advance of the next changeover. This often means a better chance of having your full security deposit returned too.
6. As a precautionary measure please keep the verandah gate closed.
7. WIFI is not unlimited and is only sufficient for browsing and email. Please ensure there is some download left for future guests.
8 If you are coming to the Yarra Valley to party, that might be a great place to do so. Unfortunately just not at our place.