You will be less than five minutes walk from the beach and only ten minutes to all of Denham’s conveniences stores, pubs, restaurant, visitor centre…, a short drive to the Monkey Mia Dolphins and Francois Peron National Park.
BEDROOM: A spacious bedroom with a comfy queen size bed, including linen and fresh towels, built-in wardrobe, fan, alarm clock. Port-a-cot available on request.
KITCHEN: Equipped with cook top, microwave, toaster, kettle, pots and pans, cutlery, plates, mugs, bowls, drinking glasses, wine glasses, coffee plunger, tea towels and even stubby holders.
BATHROOM: Shower, toilet, washbasin, hairdryer if required; Derek doesn’t need it anymore….
LAUNDRY: Washing machine, iron & ironing board.
LOUNGE ROOM: A very comfortable three seated couch folds out into a spare bed, TV, surround sound system, DVD player, wifi, plenty of books, board games and colouring books for kids… air conditioning.
OUTDOOR: A lovely garden area with an ocean view, BBQ, two tables seating eight guests, hammock. Shark Bay B&B is “pet friendly” outside, there is a kennel
PARKING: Ample parking for your car/van/boat. Guests are welcome to park under the shade sail at the back of the house, at the very top of the driveway.
LOCATION: Just two minutes walk to the beach. Less than ten minutes walk to the shops, restaurants and Australia’s most westerly pub 3 minute drive to the jetty.
As our guests you will have exclusive access to the downstairs area of the house, the garden & BBQ.
Interaction with Guests:
Our interaction with our guests is at their discretion. After a check-in brief and short tour we leave guests to themselves unless we are called upon to provide information.
We are in the heart of the Shark Bay World Heritage area.
You can find it all here:
• The natural beauty, colourful landscape,
• Amazing marine wildlife: dugongs, dolphins, turtles, rays even whales at certain times of the year and lots more. Go on a wildlife cruise or visit our renown Aquarium.
• Geological mysteries: visit the stromatolites.
• Love fishing: Shark bay is a dream come true for all big and small. It is a fisherman’s paradise for both the novice and for the keen amateur, even catch squid from the jetty.
• Explore a multitude of “4x4 trails” if you don’t drive, we have a few local friendly tours who will take you there. Or try a quad back tour
• Discover Shark Bay from the sky with a scenic flight.
• Swim in pristine blue waters.
• Simply relax in the B&B’s comfortable hammock.
• Bushwalking, and explore local bird trails.
• Have fun at the playground for the kids, visit the Recreation Center for team sport activities daily, local gym.
• Enjoy a meal at one of our local Cafes, restaurants, or pubs.
• Visit the Visitor and Discovery center museum.
Monkey Mia and daily dolphin feeding 25kms away
Francois Peron National Park just 10 minutes away
All major roads are sealed and in good condition. There is no public transport available in Shark Bay. If you are flying you can hire a car or there are many four wheel drive tours which will allow you to discover the François Peron National Park without having to worry about the off road driving.
How to get there:
FLY: You can fly to Shark Bay/Monkey Mia airport and we are very happy to organize a free pickup.
DRIVE: You can drive to Shark Bay, about 850kms north of Perth. Drive via the new Indian Pacific Coastal Highway, with less traffic, it is more scenic.
Smoking is not permitted inside out of courtesy for other non-smoking guests.
Dog/pet friendly: your pet is welcome, however we ask that your pet stay outside as a courtesy for other guest who may be subject to allergies.