Walking distance to the water/Peel Estuary, playgrounds, nature walks along the water, shopping centre, restaurants/cafes, bottle shop and more........
Falcon is one of four Mandurah suburbs that lie on an island bound by the Mandurah Estuary to the north, the Peel-Harvey Estuary to the east, the Dawesville Channel to the south and the Indian Ocean to the west. It is also bisected by Old Coast Road, which connects Falcon to nearby Mandurah and Bunbury.
Offering casual budget style accommodation from the sole traveller to couples and families wanting a few days away to reconnect, unwind and explore. The house is situated in a 'no-through/cul-de-sac' road with the Peel Estuary only a 350m walk - bring your boat as there are boat ramps only a short drive away ~ fishing, crabbing Jan-Apr and calm shallow waters for the whole family. Picnic tables, BBQs and grassed areas, lovely park lands and pathways all along the estuary. Some small public jetties to throw a fishing line or just sit back, relax and enjoy the view.
• Bed linen and bath towels provided. Kids choose their own bunk beds to make up.
• Gas heating for winter months.
• Ceiling fans for summer months.
• Small air cooling unit to dining area only.
• Large open plan kitchen/lounge/dining.
• Fully equipped kitchen with cooking facilities including microwave.
• Games and books for the whole family to use.
• Fenced back yard - green in winter ~ sandy and dry in summer.
• Outdoor patio with table setting and gas BBQ.
• Friendly possums may visit throughout your stay. You will find all their names when you check in :
Other popular fishing spots nearby such as Tims Thicket just after the Port Bouvard Bridge Dawesville Cut. Fishing below the Pines Restaurant near the bridge is also popular.
Very close to the main shopping centre, where you will find the 'award winning' Miami Bake House Cafe, local Cobblers restaurant/tavern, other various takeaway food places, small cafes/restaurants and bottle shop.
Take a short 5 minute drive to the beautiful Falcon Bay where you will find swimming beach, picnic areas and the well known Falcon Bay Cafe. 10 minute drive to Mandurah centre.
Peppermint Cottage is managed by a local business in the Peel Region ~ manager available to assist at any time throughout your stay.
What more could you ask for - Estuary at one end of your stay and the bay at the other.
Sleeps 8 people 4 adults at any one time.
Pet Friendly Accommodation
Please note that the Code of Conduct which is located in the property's House Manual must be followed at all times throughout your stay.