Mandurah Riverfront Holiday Rental North Yunderup
Enjoy a peaceful , absolute riverfront getaway in this charming historical family holiday home in North Yunderup on the Murray River, a short drive from Mandurah City within the Peel Region one hour south of Perth and only minutes from the Freeway exit. . Suitable for larger groups yet cosy enough for a romantic getaway all year around
Overlook the River, your own private jetty and safe sand swimming beach from the shady vine clad Verandah
It's an aquatic playground. Bring your boat, kayak, fishing gear. Crab pots supplied
All the modern conveniences including air conditioning in every room and a cosy wood fire and an outdoor fire pit for the cooler months , a cafe/deli across the River , great shopping and tourist attractions all nearby
Comfortably sleeps 12 - 13 with x 1 King Bed, x 1 Queen, 2 x Singles that can be joined as a Double and x 2 sets of double single bunks , both with an extra trundle bed , Sleeps 13 x persons max in total
Pet friendly subject to approval
House Rules , Minimum Stays , Pricing and Cancellation Policy and FAQ'S Below ............
House Rules :
$ 500 Bond may be requested on certain occasions
Rates on booking sites are set 12 – 18 months ahead , we cannot accept bookings for dates where rates are not set yet
Returning Guests may have priority over new Guests for particular dates
$ 150 Fixed Post Cleaning / linen Fee per stay for all bookings
Pet Friendly , subject to approval , $ 100 fee applies
50 deposit required to be paid at time of booking , the full balance then payable prior to 60 days before arrival date
Smoking only in designated outdoor area – on Jetty only , please dispose of your butts responsibly
Family Holiday Acommodation Only – No Schoolies or Large Events
Guests are not permitted to bring extra beds into the house without our express permission
The house only accommodates 13 x persons max we do not allow extra persons in caravans or campers to camp in the grounds without our express permission as part of the booking process and at an extra fee of to be discussed at the time of booking
Full House linen is supplied but you need to bring your own beach / swimming towels
Cancel 60 days prior to occupancy – 50 cancellation fee
Cancel less than 60 days prior to occupancy – 100 cancellation fee
No rebate for unused portion of any occupancy
1. CAN WE BRING EXTRA LINEN OF OUR OWN ?
ANSWER : YES , ALL LINEN IS SUPPLIED EXCEPT FOR SWIMMING / BEACH TOWELS. ALL BEDS HAVE MATTRESS AND PILLOW PROTECTORS , SHEETS , DOONAS AND SPARE BLANKETS ..... BATHROOMS HAVE TOWELS , BATHMATS AND FACE TOWELS .... ALL KITCHEN AND DINING LINEN IS FULLY SUPPLIED , BUT YOU CAN ALWAYS BRING SOMETHING EXTRA IF YOU WISH TO .............
2. IS THERE A CLEANING FEE ?
ANSWER : YES , IT IS A FIXED FEE OF $ 150 / STAY AND INCLUDES LINEN AND CLEANING ............. WE DO ASK THAT YOU LEAVE THE HOUSE ITSELF CLEAN AND TIDY AND REMOVE ALL RUBBISH UPON VACATING AND PUT THE LOCAL RUBBISH BINS OUT ON THE FRONT VERGE , REGARDLESS OF WHAT DAY YOU VACATE
3. CAN I BRING A SMALL DOG OR PET
ANSWER : YES SUBJECT TO APPROVAL. A $ 100 FEE APPLIES , BUT DOGS OR OTHER PETS ARE DEFINITELY NOT PERMITTED TO BE ALLOWED ACCESS TO THE BEDROOM AREAS FOR HEALTH REASONS - PLEASE RESPECT THAT AND COMPLY WITH THAT WHILE AT THE PROPERTY
THE PROPERTY IS PARTLY UN FENCED AND THE RIVER IS UNGUARDED , SO IF YOUR PET ROAMS , THEN IT COULD BE A PROBLEM FOR YOU , YOU MAY NEED TO CONSIDER THAT
4. IS IT SAFE SWIMMING FOR SMALL CHILDREN TO SWIM IN THE RIVER ?
ANSWER : YES , THERE IS A SHALLOW SAND BEACH FOR SAFE ACCESS AND MANY SMALL CHILDREN HAVE BEEN THERE AS GUESTS AND SWUM SAFELY ............ BUT THE RIVER IS UNGUARDED AND THERE ARE MANY BOATS PASSING BY , NON SWIMMERS AND SMALL CHILDREN MUST BE SUPERVISED BY A RESPONSIBLE ADULT AT ALL TIMES
5. HOW FAR OUT OF MANDURAH IS IT ?
ANSWER : ABOUT 10 KILOMETERS , AND ABOUT THE SAME DISTANCE TO PINJARRA
6. ARE THERE LOCAL SHOPS ?
ANSWER : YES , A GOOD LOCAL CONVENIENCE / LIQUOR STORE IS JUST 5 OR 6 MINUTES WALK AWAY AROUND THE CORNER THEY SELL ICE , BAIT , GAS , LOTS OF USEFUL THINGS ......... THERE IS ALSO A BOTTLE SHOP , AND SEVERAL VERY GOOD LOCAL MIXED USE STORES AS WELL ARE JUST A FEW MINUTES DRIVE AWAY ON PINJARRA RD . ONE IS SPUD SHED ABOUT 5 MINUTES BY CAR TOWARDS MANDURAH ........ AND ANOTHER ABOUT THE SAME DISTANCE TOWARDS PINJARRA , AT THE RAVENSWOOD PUB
THE PELICANS CAFE ON THE RIVER IS DIRECTLY OPPOSITE THE HOUSE , FOR BOAT FUEL , ICE , BOTTLE SHOP , FAST FOOD, RIVERFRONT CAFE DINING AND CORNER SHOP TYPE ITEMS. A LARGE MODERN PETROL STATION JUST A FEW MINUTES AWAY BY CAR SELLS MANY USEFUL ITEMS AS WELL , LIKE ICE , GAS , HEAT BEADS ETC ETC
7. IS THERE PARKING ON SITE ?
ANSWER : YES , NOT UNDERCOVER , BUT ON SITE
8. HOW CLOSE TO FREEWAY EXIT TO AND FROM PERTH IS IT ?
ANSWER : ABOUT 2 KILOMETRES BOTH NORTH AND SOUTH ENTRY AND EXITS
9. IS AN EARLY ARRIVAL OR A LATE CHECKOUT AVAILABLE ?
ANSWER : YES ...... SUBJECT TO OTHER INCOMING OR LEAVING GUESTS THAT IS POSSIBLE , WE DO NOT NORMALLY CHARGE EXTRA FOR THIS , ALL WE ASK IS THAT YOU CO ORDINATE IT IN A TIMELY MANNER WITH OUR CARETAKER , WHO WILL MEET AND GREET YOU AND THEN RETURN TO SEE YOU OUT AND DO A BOND CHECK AS YOU LEAVE
10. WHAT RECREATIONAL EQUIPMENT IS THERE ?
ANSWER : CRAB NETS AND 2 X KAYAKS AND ASSOCIATED ACCESSORIES ARE SUPPLIED
NO BAIT , NO FISHING GEAR , BUT YOU CAN BRING ANY THING LIKE THAT , THAT YOU MAY WANT TO USE THERE
THE JETTY WILL ACCOMMODATE TWO MEDIUM SIZED BOATS COMFORTABLY , SEE THE PHOTOS IN OUR PHOTO GALLERY TO GET AN IDEA OF WHAT WE MEAN
11. IS THERE FREE WIFI ?
ANSWER : YES .......... THE WIFI CODE IS CLEARLY DISPLAYED IN THE DESK AREA IN THE LOUNGE ROOM ............
PRICING AND SEASONS
ALL SCHOOL HOLIDAYS AND PUBLIC HOLIDAYS PLUS BOTH
DAYS EITHER SIDE OF THE START AND FINISH OF THE PERIOD - $ 400 / NIGHT
ALL PUBLIC HOLIDAYS MID WEEK PLUS BOTH DAYS EITHER SIDE OF THAT PUBLIC HOLIDAY - $ 400 / NIGHT
ALL OTHER DAYS EXCEPT FOR HIGH SEASON & LOW SEASON - $ 250 / NIGHT
LOW SEASON - 2018
WINTER SPECIAL - ALL DAYS FROM AROUND THE MIDDLE OF JULY EACH YEAR TILL 31ST OF AUGUST - INCLUSIVE - $ 199 / NIGHT
Minimum Stays are :
Normal Weekends – Friday to Sunday = 2 x Nights
Weekdays – Monday to Thursday = 2 x Nights
Long Weekends – 3 x Nights
Over a Public Holiday that occurs Midweek = 2 Nights
Easter – The 5 x Nights of Easter as a minimum
Xmas or New Year one or the other = 7 x Nights
Xmas and New Year Combined = 10 x Nights
WHAT YOU MIGHT WANT TO BRING WITH YOU .............
1. Your own towels for swimming or beach activity , we only supply house linen , not outdoor beach type towels
2. We supply crab nets and 2 x kayaks and associated accessories .......... but no fishing gear , bait for crabbing or fishing can be easily bought at several local stores nearby
3. Your own eskies , coolers and items like that for picnics or boating expeditions
4. We do not have a boat on site for Guests , but you can bring your own or hire them locally or in Mandurah Townsite – there is a public launching ramp in our street , just 500 meters away
5. We do have full , free unlimited WiFi and small desk area with a laptop that guests can access , but no mobile phone chargers or items like that
6. Full house linen is supplied , but you can always bring your own favourite pillow , Doona or Teddy Bear if you wish to as well
7. There is a good selection of DVDS adult and children’s and board games in the house for guest to use while there
8. There is a sizable library with many interesting and varied books for guests to read while there
9. Outside of high Summer it is advisable to bring a warm Jacket or Cardigan , the breeze off the River can be quiet chilly in Winter , Spring and Autumn , even on a sunny day
10. In summer you will need Sun Block , Sunhats and associated outdoor items like mossie spray etc
11. In the non Summer Seasons , if you might like a fire either indoors or out , you might need fire starters or heat beads ........... we supply wood for both the outdoor and indoor fires all year round
12. All basic toiletries , soaps , coat hangers , washing powder , rubbish bags , kitchen items are supplied , if something runs out while you’r there , it’s good if you could replace it if possible , no obligation , just if you can get around to it .............. but you do need to bring all your own personal toiletries , like shampoos , and the usual items you would normally travel anywhere with ................
LOCAL TOURIST ATTRACTIONS
1. Ravenswood Hotel – Iconic Australian Country Pub , riverside at Ravenswood – great counter lunches , free entertainment most weekends , about 3 kilometres by road or 30 minutes by river ------------ if you go to the Ravo on a Saturday or a Sunday for lunch in Summer , go early like 11.30 or so it gets very busy there in the high season
2. Sandy Cove Tavern – good meals , Sunday lunch , children’s play area , about 15 minutes by car to South Yunderup or about 10 – 15 minutes by boat
3. The River Resort Tavern – South Yunderup – lunch , dinner , 15 minutes by car , about 10 – 15 minutes by boat
4. Nearest shopping centres – Spudshed , about 3 kms back towards Mandurah , major shopping centres both in Mandurah The Forum , Coles , Woolies about 12 kms away by road ................. also Coles in Pinjarra , about 12 kms by car , plenty of good shopping in Pinjarra as well as Mandurah Townsite , also a very nice organic fresh produce shop right next to the Ravenswood Hotel
5. The whole of the Mandurah waterways and Peel inlet Mandurah Marina , Port Bouvard , Mandurah Quays , etc are all accessable by boat , to go to into Mandurah or any of these more distant sites , and back again in the same day is a full day trip by boat .......