Off season rates now apply until the 1st of September.
Arcadia by the Sea literally means paradise by the sea.. The location is truly outstanding, with absolutely stunning ocean views.
Arcadia by the Sea is located 48km south of Perth and just 50 meters from the beautiful Shoalwater Bay beach.
Arcadia by the Sea caters for a maximum of 2 people at a cost of $140 per night, or $150 per night on Fridays and Saturdays.
Arcadia by the Sea has been custom designed as holiday accommodation. This is a completely self contained 2nd storey apartment, separated from the rest of the house, by a sound proof double wall. There is private parking on your own driveway - no street parking required.
On most days you will be able to see sea lions on the islands and quite regularly you will see dolphins in the bay. Pelicans fly overhead every day on their way to and from Lake Richmond.
Is there a pool? Yes, it's called the Indian Ocean and it's just 50 meters away.
The aerial photo shows just how pretty Shoalwater is. Where is the apartment? Just look for the red dot.
The big living room features nearly 12 meters of glass windows on both the southern and western sides. It includes comfortable armchair seating for 4 people, a TV, a micro Hi Fi system, a dining table with chairs for 4 people and a desk in the living room ‘nook’ area.
A fully enabled kitchen area exists within the living area. This are ample cooking facilities and all the crockery, cutlery and general kitchen resources that you might need. A stone top island cupboard makes for easy food preparation and a very large fridge will cater for all your cold storage requirements.
The tastefully decorated bedroom has a queen bed and is adjoined by a modern style ensuite.
An additional small room can be used as extra storage space.
A small balcony at the top of the stairs overlooks the beach and the ocean. You have magnificent 180 degree views of Penguin Island in the south all the way through to Point Peron in the north.
Laundry facilities are also available in the back yard.
12 THINGS YOU CAN DO NEAR SHOALWATER
1. Enjoy any of the aquatic opportunities that abound in the quiet reef protected waters of the Shoalwater Bay Marine Park. Swimming, fishing, beach walking & boating are just a few such opportunities.
2. Take the short ferry ride across to Penguin Island - the Point Mersey ferry departure point is just 2km south of the apartment. Dolphin tours are also available.
3. Visit nearby Safety Bay or Waikiki beach to the south or Palm Beach and Rockingham Beach to the north. There is always a wind protected beach in the region.
4.Take a trip to the seaside city of Mandurah which is about 30 minutes south by car, or, take a trip to the very popular port city of Fremantle, which is about 30 minutes north by car.
5. Visit the Naragebup Environmental Centre near Lake Richmond. It is less that 1km from the house.
6. Sample the huge array of shops in Rockingham. Rockingham is the large suburb immediately to the east of Shoalwater.
7. Try some of the many good restaurants in Rockingham. The restaurant strip along the Rockingham beachfront is especially attractive to locals and visitors alike.
6. Picnic on the very large and lovely tree covered grassy park that you will find parallel to Rockingham beach.
9. Walk out on the jetty at Palm Beach or the jetty at Point Mersey and try your hand at fishing or just watch the locals trying to catch their dinner.
10. Take one of the many local tours e.g. dolphin boat tour in Shoalwater Bay - details available from the Rockingham Visitor Centre.
11. Walk around Lake Richmond and marvel at the bird life that calls Richmond home. There are several lookout points around the perimeter of the lake. Lake Richmond is the deepest fresh water lake in Western Australia.
12. Watch the kite surfers at Safety Bay and Shoalwater Bay. Lessons are available for the more adventurous
For those people visiting Perth from another country, or another state, Shoalwater is a great place to stay because it is close enough to the city an easy 35 min train ride and also an ideal launching place for trips into the fabulous south west of WA.
ROCKINGHAM VISITOR CENTRE
For more tourist information about trips, tours, things to do and places to visit, we suggest that you contact the Rockingham Visitor Centre. Start by Googling 'Rockingham Visitor Centre'. If you prefer to go in person, you will find the Centre nearby at 19 Kent Street in Rockingham - it's well worth the visit