This is indeed paradise by the sea. Just 50 meters from the beach Just 48km south of Perth, Arcadia by the Sea is a one bedroom apartment with the most amazing views of the Shoalwater Bay Marine Park. The location is truly outstanding From this 2nd story apartment you have stunning views of Penguin Island, Seal Island and the whole of Shoalwater Bay. The awesome views cover 180 degrees from Penguin Island in the south to Point Peron in the north. On most days you will be able to see sea lions on the islands and quite regularly you can see dolphins in the ocean right in front of you. On the morning of any day there will be regular flights of pelicans flying east to Lake Richmond to wash their feathers in the fresh water. They fly back to the islands in the afternoon, quite often right over the top of Arcadia by the Sea. A pair of binoculars is provided for better views of all the fabulous features of Shoalwater Bay.
This luxury apartment is the upstairs western wing of a large 2 storey house. It is completely self contained and is separated from the rest of the house by a double brick wall. It is insulated and it is sound proofed from the rest of the house. The apartment has been designed and purpose built as holiday accommodation.
The air conditioned apartment includes a sizeable living room that includes a fully enabled kitchen area, a bedroom, an ensuite, a small utility room, a private balcony and a lovely rear courtyard/garden. The bedroom has a queen bed complete with all linen required. Laundry facilities are also available if required. The apartment has its own private entrance via an imposing external stairway and balcony on the western side. There is ample room for parking on a private driveway – i.e. no street parking is required.
The kitchen area is comprehensively set up with a large fridge, convection oven, microwave, separate toaster/roaster oven, double electric hotplate and all other usual kitchen appliances. An ample supply of crockery, cutlery and kitchen utensils makes this a great asset to your holiday experience. A granite topped island cupboard provides additional bench top capacity. Cupboard storage is extensive and contains everything you might need. You will want for nothing in this lovely modern kitchen with outstanding views of Shoalwater Bay. You can stand at the sink and gaze upon a natural paradise.
The big living room features nearly 12 meters of glass windows on both the southern and western sides. It includes comfortable armchair seating for 4 people, a TV, a stereo unit, a table and chairs for 4 people and a desk in the living room ‘nook’ area.
The Arcadia by the Sea apartment caters for a maximum of 2 people at a cost of $160 per night. A 12.5 discount applies for bookings of 7 days or longer.
12 THINGS YOU CAN DO NEAR SHOALWATER
1. Enjoy any of the aquatic opportunities that abound in the quiet reef protected waters of the Shoalwater Bay Marine Park. Swimming, fishing, beach walking & boating are just a few such opportunities.
2. Hire yourself a wind surfing or kite surfing lesson at Safety Bay.
3. Take the short ferry ride across to Penguin Island - the Point Mersey ferry departure point is just 2km south of the apartment.
4. Visit nearby Safety Bay or Waikiki beach to the south or Palm Beach and Rockingham Beach to the north.
5.Take a trip to the seaside city of Mandurah which is about 30 minutes south by car, or, take a trip to the exciting port city of Fremantle, which is about 30 minutes north by car.
6. Visit the Naragebup Environmental Centre near Lake Richmond. It is less that 1km from the house.
7. Sample the huge array of shops in Rockingham. Rockingham is the large suburb immediately to the east of Shoalwater.
8. Try some of the many good restaurants in Rockingham. The restaurant strip along the Rockingham beachfront is especially attractive to locals and visitors alike.
9. Picnic on the very large and lovely tree covered grassy park that you will find parallel to Rockingham beach.
10. Walk out on the jetty at Palm Beach or the jetty at Point Mersey and try your hand at fishing or just watch the locals trying to catch their dinner.
11. Take one of the many local tours e.g. dolphin boat tour in Shoalwater Bay - details available from the Rockingham Visitor Centre.
12. Walk around Lake Richmond and marvel at the bird life that calls Richmond home. There are several lookout points around the perimeter of the lake. Lake Richmond is the deepest fresh water lake in Western Australia.
ROCKINGHAM VISITOR CENTRE
For more tourist information about trips, tours, things to do and places to visit, we suggest that you contact the Rockingham Visitor Centre. Start by Googling 'Rockingham Visitor Centre'. You can also go there in person. You will find the Centre at 19 Kent Street in Rockingham - it's well worth the visit