Spectacular and uniquely Mediterranean-styled two storey holiday home in the prestigious gated community of Bouvard Island, Wannanup or “Port Bouvard”.
This is a very special holiday home, not rented out constantly so is very luxurious while also accommodating to all tastes. We like to look after our guests and go to the extra effort to ensure your stay is as enjoyable as we like it to be.
Whether your holiday style is to kick back and watch the dolphins go by or a more energetic approach incorporating kayaking, crabbing, fishing and swimming – this home has it all we have noticed that dolphins are most active and go by on average twice a day between May-August although we have seen them all year round if you keep an eye out.
The property boasts two full master bedrooms with ensuites both with a spa bath, an extra bedroom and huge theatre room max total occupation 8 adults/children. There is a massive alfresco area which can be opened up or fully enclosed using bi-fold doors. The gourmet kitchen is fully stocked with all the cooking utensils for your convenience and there is a community herb garden located on the island for your creative culinary use.
FOR THE FAMILIES
Quiet estate opening onto private jetty, crab nets, beach within walking distance, gas fired pizza oven, home theatre with PS4 and Wifi, board games, kayaks - something for everyone, young and young at heart.
FOR THE MORE ACTIVE HOLIDAY MAKERS
After baiting the crab nets on the floating jetty, take the kayaks for a cruise down to the protected man made beach which includes a lovely BBQ and grassed playground area or why not head out to the Dawesville cut where the dolphins frequent when not swimming past the property’s jetty. Bring your bikes and discover the many bike paths around Mandurah and Dawesville.
FOR THE WINERS AND DINERS
The property is central to a wide range of Peel Region cuisines from the local friendly priced Fish Shack to the Cut golf course and high end newly opened The Pines restaurant. An ever growing list of local wineries and microbreweries, local take outs and suggested things to do is provided at the property. There is also the corner store and liquor store 2 minutes walk away for any last minute food emergencies or a stroll to grab the newspaper.
FOR THE ROMANTICS AND THOSE THAT NEED TO DE-STRESS
Relax in the 4 person spa while treating your loved one to a glass of bubbles or order dinner in and watch the sun go down from the upstairs balcony. The stylings in this Mediterranean home are extremely luxurious and relaxing from the furnishings to the cornices and columns.
AT CASTAWAY CANAL HOLIDAY HOME YOU WILL ENJOY:
- All new furnishings
- 3 bedrooms and a queen sized sofa bed in theatre sleeps 3-4 couples comfortably maximum 8 adults/children, see sleeping arrangement below
- Two ensuites and a guest toilet
- Open plan kitchen, lounge and dining for 8 people with Smart TV downstairs including Netflix
- Free Wifi
- Large undercover and enclosed alfresco for further 8 people including gas pizza oven and BBQ
- Upstairs projector theatre with recliner seating for 4, sofa seating for 3. Includes Bose surround sound, blu-ray player including a selection of movies and a PS4 with games
- Full gourmet kitchen with oven, stove, dishwasher, microwave and full size fridge with ice maker. Kitchen includes 8x crockery, cutlery and various glasses.
- Washing machine and dryer
- Fully ducted air conditioning and gas log fireplace
- Floating jetty with 4x kayaks for your use our boat will be moored and not to be boarded. Please contact me if you wish to use the floating jetty for your own boat so we can discuss alternative arrangements
- Crab Nets for your use you supply bait and an outside crab cooker
- Linen and towels available for an extra charge per room
- Onsite parking 2 cars, not undercover
- Selection of board games
- Fully self contained with most amenities such as hair dryers, toaster, sandwich press, coffee maker nespresso pods and kitchen linen
- Starter supply of consumables such as toilet paper, washing detergent, tea/coffee/sugar
BOUVARD ISLAND FEATURES:
- Gated, private and quiet community
- Corner store/deli with bottle shop 2 minute walk away
- Protected man-made beach on canal 3 minute walk away includes BBQ facilities and playground equipment. Public toilets under construction/coming soon
- Avalon Beach for snorkeling, surfing and wind surfing 5 minute walk away
- Community herb garden please be respectful as this is open to all residence and subject to what has been planted
SURROUNDING AREA FEATURES:
- Avalon Beach for snorkling, surfing and swimming
- Falcon Beach and Falcon Café
- The Cut Golf Course and restaurant
- Walking and cycle paths such as the Erskine Nature Trail and a BMX Track
- Microbreweries such as Brewers Delight Mandurah and Three Rivers Brewing Company
- Boutique wineries such as Cape Bouvard, Peel Estate and Amarillo Vines
- Visit the living fossils called Thrombolites on Lake Clifton just past Dawesville
- Mandurah city central is just 15 minutes drive away with the weekend markets and specialty holiday stores
Master Bed 1 upstairs:
1 King Bed with ensuite and 2 person spa bath
Master Bed 2 downstairs:
1 Queen Bed with ensuite and 4 person spa bath
1 Queen Bed with walk in robe
1 Queen Sofa Bed
Optional linen and towels are available to rent at $30 per room linen and two towels per room as an additional cost paid direct to owners not through Stayz.
Our boat will be moored on the floating jetty. If you would like this relocated so you can dock your own boat, there is an additional cost of $150 per week or part thereof for marina fees.
TERMS OF HIRE / RENTAL RULES
- Minimum 2 night stay
- Non Smoking
- No Pets
- No parties or events
- No school leavers or groups under 25
A more comprehensive list of rental rules will be provided upon booking request just more of the usual yada yada like Kayaks are used at your own risk etc..
Please contact me for more information or look up our Facebook page at Castaway Canals Holiday Home Rental for more pictures but they never do it justice.