* NEW LISTING.
*This Gracious Heritage listed limestone home built in 1901 has retained its Heritage charm with many of its original features, including high ceilings, lovely ceiling roses, jarrah polished floor boards, beautifully restored oregon doors, sash windows and a great wrap around verandah. It's fondly referred to as the "Old Girl".
*It accommodates up to 4 guests with 2 separate bedrooms each with very comfy queen beds, all with fresh bedding, linen, towels, soaps, shampoo and everything you need for a pleasant stay. Breakfast provisions are included in the rates for the duration of your stay. We also have a very well stocked kitchen encouraging guests to prepare their meals on stay in days. You only need to purchase your main ingredients.
*Guests have exclusive access to the entire home and grounds with free wi-fi, TV, DVD's and player, dining room, breakfast area, fully equipped kitchen with gas upright stove and microwave, bathroom with shower over the original claw bath, inside and outside toilets, laundry with washing machine, ironing board and iron, a great wrap around verandah and a terrace area under the grape vines for you to enjoy over the spring and summer months.
* The home is opposite the Army Museum, 200m to the Fremantle Art Centre which has a great Cafe and a gift shop, 300m to the Fremantle Swimming Pool and the free Fremantle Cat Service. Public buses are only 200m away. Gesha Cafe & Coffee Roastery is 350m away and is a great breakfast and coffee place.There is also cafes and gift shops in George Street East Fremantle, only 500m away. The Fremantle Prison is 1.5km away and a tour of the Prison and Tunnel will not disappoint you. If it's a supermarket you need, then the nearest is Coles in the Fremantle CBD on the free Cat Bus run.
* Eating and drinking is what Fremantle is renowned for. The famous Cappuccino Strip hosts our favourite family restaurant, the Capri, which is the oldest and most authentic Italian food in Fremantle (it is very affordable and included in your main meal is soup and crusty bread). Pizza Bellaroma, however, is probably the most popular place for a pizza feed. Also along the Cappuccino Strip you'll find many quality coffee shops, hence the name of the strip! Head to the oldest cafe Gino's, for the best coffee, great view and atmosphere.
*The Fremantle Markets and the E Shed Markets are open all weekend, and on the free Cat bus run. Close to the E Shed Markets is the WA Maritime Museum.
* If you like pubs for a great meal or entertainment then The Tradewinds Hotel is 700m away, The Left Bank is 1km away, Clancy's Fish Pub is 900m away, The Norfolk Hotel in the heart of Fremantle and Mojo's Bar in North Fremantle is a popular national and international music venue and is 1.5km away.
* A must when you come to Fremantle is to call into our famous Little Creatures Brewery located on the Harbour, or Cicerello's for a meal, a pint or fish and chips. The Fishing Boat Harbour is 2.7km away, and it's also on the Free Fremantle Cat Service run. The Shipwreck Galleries is also in this area.
* From Heritage on Burt, the Fremantle CBD is an easy walk or you can catch the free Fremantle Cat Service opposite the Fremantle Art Centre or the Public Transport which is 200m away on Queen Victoria Street, which will take you to the Fremantle Train/Bus Station. From Queen Victoria Street you can also take the Public Bus to the Perth City Centre.
*Free parking for your vehicle is provided in the front, on the verge or in our driveway.
* House Rules:-
As it's in a quiet residential area, no functions or parties are allowed on the premises.
For your comfort and the comfort of other Guests, this is a strictly non smoking and no pets property.
The burning of candles, tea lights or any other naked flames are strictly prohibited.
Suit families with Children 6 years plus.
When booking with Children, you must include Children in the total Guest number.
We love our Guests to enjoy the "Old Girl" and to leave it as you would expect to find it.
A detailed house rules manual is provided in the home on check in.
*We meet and greet our Guests on arrival and with prior notice we are flexible with arrival and departure times.
*Getting Around : -
Conveniently located near Car Hire, Public Transport and the free Fremantle Cat service.
A Taxi from the Airport will cost approximately $65 oneway.
Alternately you can catch Bus #40 from the Domestic Terminal or #380 from the International Terminal. Both these buses will take you to the Victoria Park Transfer Station or Elizabeth Quay Bus Station in Perth and from there you transfer to Bus #910 or #111 which will take you all the way to the Fremantle Train Station passing Burt Street on the way. The fare for this is a 2 zone ticket for $4.50 which is valid for 2 hours.
*Suits couples, singles and families with children 6 years plus.