Cockatoo Hills Apartment
Kick back in the clear oxygenated hills air with the cockatoos after a day of swimming, tennis, bush walking, riding, or exploring the historic hills of Parkerville and Mundaring. Log fires in winter, pool in summer, outdoor living, tennis, walks and clear air all year round.
Cockatoo Cottage apartment is located just 40 minutes from Perth CBD and 25 minutes from Perth International Airport high above Jane Brook in the Hills near Mundaring. The property is cottage style apartment designed to maximise the very best of relaxed hills family living.
Fully self-contained and sleeping a maximum of 4, the 80 m2 apartment is perfect for a family or just two people looking for a romantic weekend getaway. There is a kingsize double bedroom and ensuite, large living and dining room and fully self contained kitchen. Sofa bed provide sleeping arrangements for additional persons. A further queen double bedroom is available on request.
The apartment is reverse cycle air-conditioned and linked by verandah to heated pool, BBQ deck and tennis court. There is ample secure parking in a gated yard. Parkerville Equestrian Center is just 700m away through the trees. Stabling, float parking and arena facilities will be available at Cockatoo Cottage in 2017.
There is free WIFI and the Cottage yard is fenced for pets.
Things to do:
• Local attractions include, Mundaring Weir, and John Forest National Park.
• The famous Bibbulman and Munda Biddi tracks are over 1000km long and have their northern origins in the Hills State Forest.
• Picnic lunches to Noble Falls and Lake Leschenaultia.
• The Parkerville Tavern and the Mahogany Inn are both within a spirited walking distance and courtesy buses operate on weekends to the other locals at Mundaring and Mount Helena.
• Darlington and Malmalling wineries are nearby, and the
• Weir Hotel hosts musical events and closeby the open air Kookaburra Cinema plays in summer months.
• Jane Brook is at the bottom of the road and walking/riding trails wind along the old railway track. Go westwards through Hovea Falls and the Swan View Tunnel on down into the Swan Valley or go eastwards to Stoneville, Mount Helena and Lake Leschenaultia
• Go to the Mundaring Village for visitors centre, restaurants, shopping and Sunday Markets.
• Longer driving excursions to the historic towns of York and Toodyay.
Providing accommodation for business travel, Cockatoo Cottage is a practical option because Perth CBD is only 40 min by car and there is never grid lock. Cockatoo Cottage can also be provided as a serviced apartment by arrangement (including airport transfers for FIFO) from which to stage a base for an extended visit to Western Australia.