Cockatoo Hills Apartment
Kick back in the clear oxygenated hills air with the cockatoos after a day of swimming, tennis, bush walking, riding, or exploring the historic hills of Parkerville and Mundaring. Log fires in winter, pool in summer, outdoor living, tennis, walks and clear air all year round.
Cockatoo Hills apartment is located just 40 minutes from Perth CBD and 25 minutes from Perth International Airport high above Jane Brook in the Hills near Mundaring. The property is a self contained apartment adjoining main home, designed to maximise the very best of relaxed hills living.
Fully self-contained and sleeping up to a maximum of 6, the 80 m2 apartment is perfect for two people looking for a weekend getaway. . There is a kingsize double bedroom and ensuite, living and dining room and self contained kitchen with a hot plate . For a larger family or group of friends a further 2 queensize bedrooms and an additional bathroom are available. A fourth bedroom/nursery may be available by special arrangement.
The apartment is reverse cycle air-conditioned and linked by verandah off main house to heated pool, in summer only BBQ deck and tennis court. There is ample secure parking in a gated yard. Parkerville Equestrian Center is just 700m away through the trees. Stabling, float parking and arena facilities will be available at Cockatoo Cottage in 2018.
There is free WIFI and the Cottage yard is fenced for pets.
Things to do:
• Local attractions include, Mundaring Weir, and John Forest National Park.
• The famous Bibbulman and Munda Biddi tracks are over 1000km long and have their northern origins in the Hills State Forest.
• Picnic lunches to Noble Falls and Lake Leschenaultia.
• The Parkerville Tavern and the Mahogany Inn are both within a spirited walking distance and courtesy buses operate on weekends to the other locals at Mundaring and Mount Helena.
• Darlington and Malmalling wineries are nearby, and the
• Weir Hotel hosts musical events and closeby the open air Kookaburra Cinema plays in summer months.
• Jane Brook is at the bottom of the road and Heritage walking/riding trails wind along the old railway track. Go westwards through Hovea Falls and the Swan View Tunnel on down into the Swan Valley or go eastwards to Stoneville, Mount Helena and Lake Leschenaultia
• Go to the Mundaring Village for visitors centre, restaurants, shopping and Sunday Markets.
• Longer driving excursions to the historic towns of York and Toodyay.
Providing accommodation for business travel, Cockatoo Cottage is a practical option because Perth CBD is only 40 min by car and there is never grid lock. Cockatoo Cottage can also be provided as a serviced apartment by arrangement including airport transfers for FIFO from which to stage a base for an extended visit to Western Australia.