Ours is a modern yet relaxing family home with a spacious garden including a relaxing outdoor heated bath, shower & WC. This house sleeps a maximum of 6 adults & 2 children. There is an expansive deck with electric sun awning, dining table, and bbq plus a beautiful Peppi tree with surround seating. Our herb garden is freely available to you. An outdoor fire can be used when fire regulations permit.
Our home has 4 bedrooms with plenty of storage space and 2 beautiful bathrooms with heated towel rails and a deep bathtub. We have an open plan kitchen with a large dining table and a kitchen island with seating. The master bedroom opens onto the deck and garden. It has a walk-in-robe, an ensuite & a comfy Queen bed. Bedroom 2 has a Queen bed, Bedroom 3 has a Double bed and Bedroom 4 has 2 single beds for children, one of which is a fold-out bed. NOTE: MAXIMUM 6 ADULTS AS BEDROOM 4 IS FOR CHILDREN ONLY.
Most importantly, we are ever so close to beautiful and quiet beaches, as well as playing fields and shops. What is more we are in the heart of an enormous wine growing region and there is easy access to outdoor attractions such as mountain biking, hiking, fishing, kayaking and plenty more.
Please note that in our efforts to escape the digital age, our TV does not allow access to digital stations, however, it is attached to a DVD player and we supply a huge array of films for you to watch. We also supply jigsaws and board games.
Please also note that this is a self catering property so we do not supply items such as clothes washing powder although we do supply high spec appliances for your use, such as a Bosch washing machine & separate dryer. There are a few very basic pantry items but guests need to shop for their specific needs in keeping with standard self-catering arrangements. Similarly, whilst we provide wood for your first fire, as well as matches and firelighters, extra wood will need to be purchased from the local service station or corner shop. If you are feeling lazy, our split cycle system is very powerful & easily heats our home.
Guests have access to the entire property except for the garage. Guests can access a shed at the rear of the property to store bikes.
Our beautiful home is a hop, skip and a jump from the tranquil waters of Geographe Bay and the famous Busselton Jetty. Our local beach is often secluded and the nearby cycle path takes one directly into town along a flat and smooth path. There is a park opposite our house & a school only a few hundred metres away with freely accessible green fields.
Our home is in the heart of an expansive wine region where vineyards abound. The stunning Cape to Cape walking path is on your doorstep and there is also easy access to competition level mountain biking tracks, kayaking, whale watching, fishing and plenty of more activities.
There is a bus stop near to our house but a car is recommended. Taxis are of course available, however, the nearby cycle and walking path means that you do not need to use your car. There is a corner store/bakery/doctor's surgery/dentist just 5 minutes walk away and a supermarket/chemist/bottleshop/hospital just 10 minutes walk away.
The outdoor bath is a potential safety hazard. Please see house rules.
HOUSE RULES IN A NUTSHELL
* Outdoor bath MUST remain empty when not in use.
* No smoking.
* Only suitable for 1 house trained dog.
* No parties or events.
* 24 hour check-in.
* 10am check out (or later by arrangement if no other guests coming in).
HOUSE RULES IN DETAIL
To maintain the high standard of this property, we require the following conditions to be complied with please:
* The number of guests should not exceed the number stated on the Confirmation Notice or otherwise agreed in writing. Use contrary to this will result in loss of your bond.
*The property allows parking for four cars on the drive only and not on the lawn. Registration numbers for vehicles residing at the property must be provided.
* No SCHOOL LEAVERS; no groups of young adults aged 21 years or less; no Stag or Hen parties; and no other party goers. The property is set amidst residents who enjoy the peace and tranquility that beachside living in Busselton brings. Thus, parties and functions are strictly prohibited. Use contrary to this will result in loss of your bond.
* The house is non smoking, both inside and out.
* By law, the outdoor fire pit (or any other outdoor open flame excluding the guest bbq) cannot be used between November 1st and May 13th. Open fires are only permissible from May 14th until October 31st using the designated fire pit.
* No pets are allowed except where written permission has been obtained in advance of the booking (e.g. 1 house trained dog).
* There is an outdoor bath that uses hot water. Water is scarce in WA and costly to use so please remember to turn off the tap. At the end of your bath, THE PLUG MUST BE REMOVED and returned to the cupboard inside the outside toilet where the tap for the bath is located.
* OUTDOOR BATH: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES IS WATER TO REMAIN IN THE BATH WHEN IT IS NOT BEING USED. CHILDREN COULD FALL INTO THE BATH AND SO IT IS POTENTIALLY HAZARDOUS WITH OR WITHOUT WATER. CHILDREN MUST THEREFORE BE SUPERVISED AT ALL TIMES WHEN OUTDOORS AND THE LOCKS ON THE SLIDING DOORS AND FLY SCREENS MUST BE USED TO KEEP CHILDREN FROM WANDERING OUTSIDE. THE SIDE GATES MUST ALSO REMAIN LOCKED.
* If inside rubbish bins fill up, guests are asked to please change the liners and put the rubbish in the outside bins. The large green bin is for ordinary rubbish. The bin with the yellow lid is for recycling. Rubbish collection is on a Friday. Guests need to please put out both bins on a Thursday night.
* Damage, breakages and loss are the guests' responsibility during their stay and must PLEASE be reported to the owner as soon as possible during your stay. Such losses will only incur a fair and reasonable fee.
* Towel rails should be turned off when not in use or when towels are dry. To save the planet, it is preferred if towels are left to dry naturally outside in summer.
* Departure: please leave the property as you found it on arrival. A basic supply of cleaning products is made available for use during your stay. We allow an amount of $150 to partly cover cleaning costs after you depart. Any further costs related to unexpected cleaning will be deducted from the bond prior to its refund (for example, car oil left on the aggregate driveway, soiled carpets, damaged mattresses, etc).
* Please clean the barbeque if you use it so that it is clean for the next guests.
* The indoor oven must also remain clean for use by future guests please. A smoking oven is unpleasant so please take care when cooking by covering fatty dishes (such as duck and chicken) with tin foil (aluminium foil).
* Tenants should avoid bringing excessive sand into the house and are asked to please wash their feet using the outside hose before returning from the beach.
* Disturbance to our neighbours, including excessive noise, is prohibited and will result in termination of rental and loss of bond.
* The villa contains a wonderful supply of books, DVD's and games for the enjoyment of guests. These remain our property and must not be removed. Please ensure that all game pieces are returned to their respective boxes on check-out. If you wish to swap a book, please email us.
* Waterproof single mattress protectors are provided for the use of children as deemed necessary by you.
* The owners take no responsibility for the personal property of any guest.
* Please make sure the premises are secure at all times. There is a key to unlock the side gates and its location will be disclosed on request if you need to bring through bikes, kayaks, etc OR if you are renting the house on a day when the rubbish bins need to be put on the roadside.
* A $750 bond is payable. The bond will of course be fully refunded if the above conditions are met.