2 Bedrooms, 1 Bathroom, Sleeps 4
Guy van der Westhuizen
- english, french, spanish, Russian, italian, Latvian
About Guy van der Westhuizen
My name is Guy and and I, along with my small dedicated team based in Chelsea, London, manage a collection of handpicked London homes. We've been doing this since 2009 and have accommodated many thousands of happy guests in my portfolio of 120+ central London houses and apartments. We promise that our team will act in a friendly and professional manner towards you at all times, and will be on hand to deal with any queries and comments. We will ensure all our properties, while varied and characterful, will be professionally cleaned prior to your stay, and furnished to a high standard throughout.
Guy van der Westhuizen purchased this Apartment in 2012
What makes this Apartment unique
- super-fast enquiry response time, 7 days a week - personal check in during business hours - professional cleaning and home preparation by our team of dedicated housekeepers - 5* hotel standard linen and towels and sundries - 7 day/week maintenance support
Check-in: 1:30 pm
Check-out: 10:30 am
Minimum age of primary renter:30
No refunds for cancellations made after payment is made
Good location and near transportation.
Had a good stay. Meet expectations.
Cozy London flat conveniently located!
My family (teenage niece, teenage son, teenage daughter and me) enjoyed our stay in Flat J. The directions to acquire the keys were spot on, and the directions to the flat were also perfect.
The flat is well appointed and exactly the right size for four or fewer. It would have been nice to have more blankets, but once we figured out the heat it was fine. Although there was a fireplace and the booklet explained how to use it, it didn't work for us. The dishwasher, microwave, top oven and washing machine all worked as expected, but we had to dry out clothing with two full cycles to get them dry.
We cooked fairly often, but we're limited by the utensils (no ladle or large pans).
The bathroom was very nice, but the short glass door caused a bit more water to hit the floor than would have been ideal.
There was ample closet space in each room. . We were surprised that there wasn't an entry closet or mat for wet shoes, coats and umbrellas.
Having wifi was amazing as we were able to share photos and connect with friends and family.
All in all - it was comfortable and a great home away from home for the week. We would definitely stay again and recommend it to friends traveling to London on holiday!!
Fair price & good location; management needs improvement
I rented this flat for myself, my husband and two teenage daughters. Here's my pros and cons:
1. Booking was easy and I had good communication from Ivy Lettings about check-in.
2. Very clean except living room carpet which was stained and dirty
3. Great kitchen! New and updated.
4. Bathroom is also new and updated.
5. Master bedroom is roomy, has ample storage space and the bed is comfortable.
6. Good location, easy access to grocery stores and attractions.
7. Neighborhood felt safe.
8. To get around, we used a combination of cabs, the tube and Uber. Uber is highly available in London!
1. We were there during a heat wave, and like most London flats, there was no air conditioning. The ONE fan we had for the flat was missing the front screen, making it dangerous. Our phone call and e-mail request for additional fans went unanswered. After our third request for more fans, they sent someone with a new fan who explained that Ivy Lettings was overwhelmed with requests for fans. This occurred on the third or fourth day of our five day stay. Why don't they already have fans available in every flat? This is a noisy part of the city, so sleeping with the windows open was a problem and we were pretty miserable .
2. Also heat related; the cleaning crew only left us with a heavy down coverlet for the bed, nothing else. There should be light blankets available.
3. There were at least 7 buildings in the neighborhood under construction and the noise is deafening and starts early. ASK ABOUT LOCAL CONSTRUCTION BEFORE BOOKING.
4. I was sent two different addresses about the flat and confusing information about the key pick-up location.
5. Bedroom with twin beds is rather small and cramped.
Great location..plenty of room and flat well equiped.
I should have questioned further the use of the lift. When we got there we were told it was 'iffy'...someone had recently gotten stuck in it. Luckily the cleaning staff helped us with our luggage up to the 3 sets of steps. All 3 of us, climbed those stairs everyday...but by the end of the stay, we chanced the lift...two of us are closing in on 70. The flat was very nice. When we got there a little early, the previous guests had just left and the place was a mess, but the cleaning staff came in and did an awesome job. Our only complaint was the lack of sufficient toilet paper...which we had to buy ourselves. I would recommend this flat to others, if the lift was guaranteed to be operational.
Dear Guest, Thank you so much for leaving this informative review- it is so helpful! We can confirm the lift is now completely fixed and fully functional. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay so much, and also our service, we hope we can host you again soon. All the best, The Ivy Team
I want to let you know how happy we were with your service!! I have to admit, yours was not the first site we tried when looking for a flat to rent during our stay. The search for a flat was a very frustrating time for us. Other sites would advertise flats, then say they weren't available - but this more expensive one was. Or the flat was available, but the price has changed. Or just not respond at all!! I had just about given up when I stumbled upon your site. I worked with Alyce and she was wonderful. My emails were responded to promptly, what I wanted was available, and the price didn't change. Every step of the way we had good communication. Traveling overseas is always hectic and a bit stressful, but we felt very comfortable that the arrangements we made and it was one less thing for us to worry about.
The flat itself was everything we had hoped for. It was comfortable, safe, and conveniently located to transportation. It was a key ingredient to an amazing trip. I would not hesitate to stay here again!
We had a great stay in London in this very comfortable apartment. Easy walking distance to a tube stop as well as Victoria rail station. Also very easy to walk to Buckingham Palace and beyond.
The flat was very well equipped, very spacious main bedroom, great 2nd bedroom and a cosy sitting room.
All mod cons in the kitchen made options for dining in and dining out all the easier.
Would certainly stay here again.
Local amenities such as grocery stores and ATMs are close by, as well as a diverse array of restaurants and cafes. Chimes offers hearty English food in a cosy and delightful setting, or perhaps try Goya a lively Spanish Tapas bar. Grumbles on Churchton Street is another favourite, serving yummy food in an informal bistro setting. Whatever your mood you’ll find it nearby. There is a fantastic Farmer’s market in Orange Square on Saturday mornings- great to gather supplies for a picnic or for a home cooked feast.
You can pop down to the riverfront, and take in the splendid views of the bridges stretching across the Great River Thames. Riverboat services to Waterloo and Southwark run from Millbank Millennium Pier - these run as water-taxis but are a great way to see the city from another angle as you travel. Don’t forget you are close to the theatres and high-end fashion of Knightsbridge and Chelsea, so you will never be at a loss of what to do during your trip.