HOLIDAY RENTALS LE LAVANDOU APARTMENT THAT CAN RECEIVE 4 PEOPLE 3 star sea view apartment located in Le Lavandou. Air conditioned - parking - WIFI.
Check-in: 4:00 pm
Check-out: 10:00 am
Minimum age of primary renter:18
Max guests:4 (sleeps up to 4 adults)
Not Worth the Trouble
The view IS great but unfortunately the misrepresentations and problems make this rental not worth the trouble. Here are some of the issues that arose.
• The ad says this is 800m from the center of town but that pedestrian path does not exist. It’s 2km walking. The agency who rented to me knows this.
• The “person” overseeing the rental is a real estate agency and the agent above knows little about the property. She took my booking via Homeaway but then insisted on a separate contract and claimed that I didn’t rent through Homeaway. Thus I paid Homeaway and got no service. Once booked, communication was difficult. It took multiple emails to get simple answers.
• She approved my arrival 7-8pm a day early (I paid) and said the timing was fine, but after I paid she refused to meet saying 7pm was too late. She told me to get a hotel & come by their office the next morning for the keys! Later she said she'd put the keys somewhere in the village below in a lock box (but then I’d have nobody there if the LB didn’t work, no directions to get to the place or where to park, nobody to reach if they forgot the linens!) I had to pay someone 100 euros to come to her office and arrange to get the keys.
• Neither owners nor agency left anything as a starter or a welcome. I was left 1 roll of toilet paper & not even 1 packet of coffee or a bottle of water for the 1st night
• The washer doesn’t seem to agitate or spin so that whatever cycle I used left my clothes dirty but soaking wet. Maybe it was me, but I couldn’t make it work.
• There is an exterior spotlight for the garage for the apartment below this one. The spotlight is quite bright and shines exactly into the bedroom at the head of the bed. It's like a search light. The owners below, despite being asked several times not to use it late at night would forget. So, I was woken up numerous nights as that light hit me in the face.
• The agent over charged me taxes (an accident) but made it hard to get the refund. Only after threatening to dispute the charge on Visa did she come with the refund in cash. However, even then, she was four hours late in arriving and didn’t think let me know.
There are a lot of places who will welcome you kindly, make sure you are comfortable & not require you do your own check in. I would not return.I’m not sure if I will want to use homeaway either because there was no way for me to email them directly to get this sorted that I could find so I ended up on my own.