House, 3 Bed, 2 Baths, (Sleeps 6-10)
- english, german, spanish
About Dave Holmes
Hi, I am German but live in the Bahamas since 1997. Love it! Throughout my very much travelling I have never seen an ocean like in the Bahamas, so beautiful. I bought the property in 1998 and built the cottage. In 2008 I establish the vacation rental business and in 2013 I sold the cottage to Dave Holmes for who I am still managing the rentals.
Dave Holmes purchased this House in 2000
Why Dave Holmes chose Nassau
The location is perfect!! Quiet and secluded, yet close to all amenities and activities. Once at the cottage, it's location feels like out of this world!
What makes this House unique
Ocean front Unobstructed ocean view Private oceanfront property Quiet location, Island like
Max guests: 10
Cancelled bookings will not receive a refund
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property that is caused by you or your party during your stay.
We greatly enjoyed our stay -- and especially the porch and yard area! Hard to beat that private ocean view and falling asleep to the sounds of the waves. Definitely need to rent a car as we did -- the beach nearby was ok and we only spent 1 day there, drove to others the rest of the week.
- The persistent dog barking (day and night) was a bit bothersome as was the dog that kept showing up.
- Older home with some updates needed (the shower upstairs could never get hot water, the right side of the gas oven wouldn't light without a match)
- TV was the size of a computer monitor
- Laundry machine was extremelyyy loud
Overall though a relaxing property managed professionally. Our group would definitely return.
Cute little cottage
We stayed at this property for two nights on our way to Long Island. Communication with the property manager was great with very prompt replies. Even though we were a little bit far from downtown it was OK. We got to see the island. The view from the deck was awesome. The house had everything we needed for our short stay. Thank you!
Wow! What a great piece of property! Yes, this piece isn’t in the “heart” of Nassau but if you want a local experience and to get away from the “resort” feel and cruise ships this is your place! We had a group of 8 that stayed here for 6 nights and enjoyed every night! Yes, we still went downtown Nassau a few nights, and all of the locals we met lived in this area. It is about a 20-30 minute taxi ride (further than we thought when looking at a map), so I’d recommend making friends with your taxi driver from the airport. Travis was fabulous and recommended many places for us to go that locals would go to as well. He also gave us his number so we were able to get in contact with him to schedule rides. He even took us down to a Junkanoo festival which was spectacular!
Denise, the property manager, was so accommodating to our early arrival, and easy to get in contact with. Denise will proved you with plenty of information to help you with your trip!
There are so many positives about this property that I’ll list below:
- beautiful view of the water every morning
- Winton Beach is so close and easy to walk to. Locals go here and you can even get great local food if they’re cooking!
- stop by the grocery store and get groceries. You are able to cook meals (completely recommend!! It’ll save money)
- clean and plenty of room for guests! Absolutely loved the outside patio- we spent so much time here
- yes, it’s on the water but it is rocky. The house does provide some water shoes but bring shoes (not flip flops) to walk in the water. We would hangout on the bulkhead in the water daily. I spent every morning out here. So peaceful and calm!
- Safe! This area is completely safe (next door neighbors have dogs)
- talk to locals! Get advice and recommendations from them! Be touristy at times but get the authentic experience of the Bahamas! Completely worth it
... and so much more! We have already share our place with family and friends in hopes that they too decide to vacation here.
Overall, our experience here was incredible and completely worth it!! This is a place I would definitely stay at again!!! Thank you for everything!
Fantastic place to relax
We loved this house. It was much bigger than expected. You should pack light and use the washer/dryer. There are 2 grocery stores just around the corner. I can’t say enough about the beautiful scenery. Denise answered the phone and helped us out with all of our questions. She knew exactly where we should go to really enjoy the Bahamas. We will stay here again. Loved this place! ❤️🧜🏼♀️
It was Interesting vacation stay.
Safe, quiet, away from the crowd yet close to all amenities and activities