2 Bedrooms, 1 Bath, Sleeps 5
- english, spanish
Comfortable and cozy with plenty of room for our 3 boys.
We had a wonderful stay for our last minute snowy retreat. The management company is wonderful. I had some trouble lighting the pilot on the stove, and they came over right away. We will definitely return again!
Thank you, Prudence, for your review and for choosing Cool Cabins. I’m happy that you enjoyed your stay and I’m looking forward to having you again as a guest in Big Bear.
Very comfortable stay for our small family and the snow is wonderful
All the basics, but a bit run down
The cabin looked a bit run down with stains on the ceiling, a broken lamp in bedroom, and minimal lighting during the evening hours. However, the house had all the basic things we needed for our stay. The heater kept the house warm, the shower worked well, and the beds were comfortable with extra bedding available. The kitchen was stocked with a decent number of plates, cups, and utensils, but only minimal pots and pans.
Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback on this cabin and we will definitely have these things taken care of. We hope you'll return to Big Bear soon and continue to stay with Cool Cabins.
Nice little cozy cabin, with a big play area
Great cabin for my family of four. Close to everything and a great big backyard with plenty of snow for the kids to play in. Had a great time!!
I don't remember the exact date but the experience was very very bad I was going to take an action but then I just let it go the bedrooms were very dirty the price for the cabin was very high . the bed sheets had stains the was the one of the worst experience of my life . I had my family and it was a big embracement in front of children and wife . the location was good the cabin was good too but the housekeeping job was worst you should change beds .
We are very sorry for the bad experience you had at this property. The oversight on our part and the part of housekeeping was unacceptable and we will be sure to be more attentive to the cleanliness of this property. We thank you for staying with us and we hope you will return to Big Bear and be our guest again in the future.
Bare bones - no driveway, minimal heat - good spot
I will be honest and say that this is one of the cheaper vacation rentals that was available but even at that rate, I know that I would never recommend this vacation rental to a friend. Let's start with the positives:
- cool location in Moonridge, close to Bear Mountain
- nice backyard with a small hill for sledding
- good sized rooms
- the bathroom has recently been re-done and the shower is nice and warm
Now for the negatives:
- When we pulled up to the property, we had our first negative experience. The "driveway" was not shoveled before we arrived. We attempted to get our car up the slight include and got stuck. My husband had to get out and shovel the snow from our driveway before we could safely pull our car into the unpaved, muddy driveway. Keep in mind that it had not snowed for 5 days so the property management company clearly did not do its job.
- The house itself looks like a shack that you would see on a frozen lake if you were to go ice fishing.
- It was freezing cold when we entered (as opposed to my parent's cabin rental that was nice and warm when they arrived) and we had a hard time staying warm in the beds at night. There is a heater that keeps the living room and kitchen moderately warm but no heater in the bedroom with a king bed and just a small personal heater in the other bedroom that does not really heat the whole room.
- The beds and pillows are very uncomfortable (I woke up in pain multiple times a night) and the bedding itself looks pretty gross. - -
- The kitchen is small but has enough dishes, silverware, etc. for the number of guests who can fit in the cabin. However, there is no kitchen or dining room table with chairs, just TV trays.
I have never written a negative review on any website or social media before but I just can't possibly see how this rental cabin is rented for the amount we paid. I would warn people against this property as it's not even a great place to lay your head at the end of a long day of skiing or snowboarding.
"Hi Christy, We are so sorry that the property was not appropriately prepared for your arrival. We do apologize for the state of some of the amenities. We appreciate the feedback, giving us the chance to better the situation and 'update' these items. We hope you will stay with us again so we can find you a cabin that will provide comfort and relaxation for your Big Bear getaway."