3 Bedrooms, 3 Bathrooms, Sleeps 10
Smoking is permitted outdoors only.
100% refund if cancelled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Great place to disconnect!
This is a perfect place for a few days with a beach & limited contact. My Daughter I I stayed for 3 days & read books & stayed in the Hammocks. Here are a few points to make the most of it:
1. get your groceries in Cartagena & plan on having all your meals at the house. We did & it helped keep things low key.
2. There is no air conditioning but it is not needed the house essentially opens to the beach & the breezes keep the place cool
3. The water for the house is rainwater in cisterns Drinking water is in bottles. you may want to bring some. We used a UV pen to sterilize the water & used high end camping filters in water bottles. Showers are low pressure & water from the cisterns so limit your time to conserve water & the water is not heated - again it doesn't matter because showering like this before bed cools you off & is refreshing.
4. The house manager Manuel & the House keeper speak spanish & not english.
5. To have the housekeeper make your meals is 50,000 peso/day.
6. Plan to bring a lot of local cash. My taxi from Cartagena was 200,000 peso each way & the boat from the Baru Dock to the house was 120,000 peso each way. We arranged this from our hotel in Cartagena so we were well prepared.
7. Watershoes are a must. There is a lot of reef just off shore. The kayak was great & the water was great but wear the shoes they provide.
All-in-All a perfect 3 day trip to the beach where we were able to completely disconnect from the world. The beach is gorgeous & the environment was fantastic!
The perfect getaway house
We came here for a few days of relaxation after having spent a busy week in Cartagena. The owners Yatan and Hans were very responsive and helped us arrange for a private boat to go directly from Cartagena to the property – I would really recommend this option as it allows you to be on your own schedule. The house manager Manuel helped us with the grocery shopping (it's easier and cheaper to bring your own food) and he and the housekeeper helped set up the house every morning and close it at night (there are a lot of doors, window panels to open/close etc). The housekeeper also offered to cook for us for a small fee, which was perfect. The private white sandy beach is clean and there are kayaks, surfboards, lounge chairs and hammocks to relax all day long. I think it's a virgin beach, so going into the water was a bit tricky, because there are many rocks. The owner provides shoes so it's easier to walk in the water.
The house itself is rustic, but clean.
At night, all you hear are the waves and the sound of the nature surrounding the house.