Attractively furnished, modern 2 bedroom 3rd floor apartment. Sleeps 4-6
100% refund if cancelled at least 14 days before arrival date. 50% refund if cancelled at least 7 days before arrival date.
Beware of old and faulty appliances!
We were staying in the apartment for 9 nights. I do not recommend this apartment for the following reasons:
- Refrigerator, washer, and dishwasher are very old. They are all built-in and probably as old as the apartment, i.e. about 15 years old. They all are at the end of their life.
- The fridge was not working properly during our stay with the inside temperature of about 12 C (54 F) which is nearly not enough for keeping dairy and meat product safe. FDA recommended temperature is 4 C (40 F). We measured inside temperature by a thermometer left in the fridge overnight at the dial 6 out of 7 (i.e. 1 step below the coldest setting as the instructions for guests in the kitchen warn that the fridge will not work at the full settings). As a result of our complaints Jason sent repairmen to check the fridge three times. Every time he informed us that they think the fridge is fine. We did not have a chance to meet or talk to the repairmen. Our questions about how they came to this conclusion remained unanswered. After discarding bad food several times we ended up going to the supermarket every day to keep minimum supplies of food in the faulty fridge.
- Dishwasher was not working during our stay waiting for a replacement part.
- Washer had a broken door lock, the door was replaced next day.
- Hot water pressure is low, so that it’s not possible to use hot water in the bathroom and kitchen at once.
- Internet speed is very slow – download 4 mbps at day time, less than 1 mbps in the evening, some times loosing connection at all.
- Loud dog barking at night – not possible to keep windows open.
- When we arrived there were no ANY supplies except of a hand soap and 1 roll of toilet paper. The washer machine is outdated and accepts powder detergent only ( min pack sold in supermarkets is 3 kg).
- Floors are dirty with hairs under the small table in the living room.
We have stayed in 12 apartments in the last 3 years and this is the first negative review I am writing.
First off Teresa is great, she made it comfortable and was very nice. The apartment is in a great location. I think they need to replace the laundry machine and also the couch is very uncomfortable.
Washing machine has been repaired. The sofa is fine.
Great holiday, great apartment
We spent a great holiday in this apartment. We were two couples and a child and liked what we saw when we arrived. The apartment corresponded to the photographs, was clean and tidy and with all the necessary equipment. Is very well located near the center of Armação de Pera and right near the beach as it was described by the owner. No need to drive to move about because everything was close. The apartment also has a garage where we could leave our car safely. The only downside is that the apartment has no pool, though it appears in the photos. The pool is just a few meters, but you need to pay the entrance, so we were a bit disappointed.
However, it was a great holiday and the apartment lived up to our expectations. I recommend to all people who want to spend holidays in a calm, quiet place, near the beach, bars, restaurants and market. It was very good and we will certainly return. The lady responsible for the keys is also very friendly and helpful and the owner, although it has only been in contact by phone and email, was also very friendly and always available.
Appartement heeft wat gebreken. Airco huiskamer was kapot vaatwasser was kapot licht slaapkamer deed het niet. Bedden vrij laag bij de grond niet geschikt voor ouderen mensen.
El apartamento esta genial!
El apartamento nos encantó. Tenía de todo, muy amplio, los sofas super comodos... Si hay que sacar alguna pega era la mesa de la terraza que era un poco pequeña y el colchón que no era el mejor del.mundo pero si tuviese que puntuar el apartamento le daba un 9.
Y luego para bajar a la playa no está tan cerca si quieres llevar sillas,sombrillas...si vas con la toalla únicamente sin problema. De todas maneras había un párking de tierra y no había problema para aparcar y gratis.
Thank you for your review. And home to see you again soon.
Thanks Jason and Jenny.
Local tranquilo, ideal para descansar.
Apartamento bem equipado. Torradeira não funciona! De resto, satisfaz!
December is a quiet month to holiday.
The Atlantico apartment block lies on the residential estate in Armação de Pera. The centre of this tourist town is just 1km away. Therefore within walking distance you will find a large variety of restaurants, coffee bars, shops and nightlife. You will also find its splendid long sandy beach, ideal for sunbathers and walkers.
For golfers, there are 28 courses all within 30 mins drive. And the new oceanico faldo and O'Connor courses on the door step. For a good day’s shopping a visit to the Algarve Shopping centre in Guia is recommended (approx 10 kms). This centre has a good selection of international shops, large hypermarket, ten pin bowling, cinema and food halls.
Guia also has a marine life park named Zoo Marine. It is an ideal family day out where you can see seals, sea lions and dolphins amongst other animals. It is even possible to book an “interaction with dolphins”
experience, where you can actually swim with these beautiful creatures.
Other Activities: PEDALOS AND BANNANA BOAT RIDES ON THE BEACH.