4 room incl studio, big terrace sea view near center of Villefranche sur Mer
- english, swedish, Danish, norwegian
Max guests: 8
100% refund if cancelled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property that is caused by you or your party during your stay.
The villa is in a great location however we were disappointed we had to make up the beds, clean and prepare the Jacuzzi before use, not what you expect? Also we were charged extra for bed lined/towels - these are essentials, not extras and should be included in the price
Nice view but needs attention!
This rental is in a lovely location with a great terrace and a nice view. However, there are many items that need attention:
1. We were surprised after a long flight from US west coast, that we needed to make the beds, provide our own toilet paper, hand soap, and paper napkins., This necessitated a trip to the store right away.
2. TV is supposed to be one of the amenities but we never did get a TV to work. This was disappointing because we wanted to improve our French and get updated on French news.
3. We did not expect to have to study how to operate the spa and without training in spa maintenance, we got it to work and then it turned green and ugly. We were able to use it one day out of the 9 nights we were there.
4. The internet emanates from a router in the home upstairs and this proved to be erratic. When the connection came through, it was good, but sometimes, like in the mid to late afternoon, when we wanted to communicate to home, we could not get any connection.
5. We spent a lot of time trying to figure out how certain things worked, like the broiler in the oven. This waste of time could have been solved with a few simple notes or directions as to how to use some of the appliances.
6. Details, like the front yard and the front walkway/entrance, needed fixing up. We did lots of sweeping and even pulled a few weeds just to not be irritated at this lack of care for visitors paying lots of money for a nice rental home.
7.The parking - getting in and out of the slot with a gate and cement walls with a very busy road to contend with - was a dangerous nightmare!
8. The manager was contacted and we were told to bother the upstairs neighbor, who did try to solve some of the issues. The manager asked what sort of problems we were experiencing, and after we replied, we never heard from her again.
9. The key situation was OK but we were a bit concerned about security because it seemed like anyone could have made a copy of the key to gain access to the home.
10. No rags were available to dry up the bathroom floor, which flooded with each shower. (a drain problem) Likewise, we could have used rags to dry the stairs to the studio, which ran with water when it rained.
Of course, we made the most of being in such a pretty village on the French Riviera and we had a fun time in spite of our disappointment with some of the home's qualities.
An Outstanding Property
We stayed at Villa Cruz for a week, which was hardly enough. The property exceeded our expectations. Elegant, comfortable, and cozy all at the same time with plenty of space for privacy and to gather together. Our family of 7 (parents, grandparents, teens and child) loved everything about the Villa, especially the terrace, with its amazing view and hot tub. We would gather here for wine & cheese after a day of sightseeing. On the nights we didn't dine out, we cooked in the well equipped kitchen and dined al fresco. Villefranche is a lovely, quiet and convenient base for exploring the Cote d'Azur. Our only regret is that we didn't spend more time just relaxing in town and on its lovely beach. Jannik was very pleasant to deal with and kindly answered my many questions. I look forward to another holiday someday at Villa Cruz de Mayo.
The best place in the world
We just booked our fourth summer vacation in “Villa Cruz”. This place is amazing and the view is spectacular!!! It is located walking distance from Ville France old town and the beach, but it is also a perfect place to hang out for a day when you just want to relax, enjoy the sun and a dip in the Jacuzzi. The apartment is clean and very well equipped, the kitchen has everything and there is a nice barbeque and a large dinner table outside so we dine just as often at home as out. We are usually parents, kids with their spouse and as well as visitors, but it never feels crowded. Everything is super organized in terms of sheets, keys and the neighbor is always there to help if there is something!
Excellent place to stay !
Located in a traditional "niçoise" construction, very pleasant flat and wonderful and large terrace with an amazing view over Villefranche sur Mer and St Jean Cap Ferrat.
Perfectly equipped and furnished, clean on our arrival, close to all facilities in town (supermarket, grocery, boulangerie, etc…), walking access to the Beach and the old Villefranche.
Good system for keys, electricity, everything is very well organised.
Pleasant and serious owner.
We highly recommend “Villa Cruz de Mayo”.
Amelia & Pablo – 11-19/07/2009
The house is only 100 m from the walls of old Villefranche sur mer overlooking the bay and Cap Ferrat where villa Rotchild is located. Villa Kyrillos is also located nearby. The Citadel of Villefranche is only 500 m away. The old town with seafront restaurants and charming atmosphere is only 300 meters away.
Don't miss the antique markets on Sunday and the markets in Beauliaux sur mer. Nice with all the attractions and museums only 7 minutes by train, or 15 min by bus. The beach is within 500 m as is the train station. The streets are very steep so it you do some exercise too... Take a walk around the Cap Ferrat and experience the beautiful nature and views. End in Saint Jean de Cap Ferrat.
Other Activities: Ski areas only 1.5 hours by bus or car, Canoing and climbing -2 hours, golf courses several inside 2 hours drive