Park on Park is a beautiful 1930s home with Art Deco features and furnishings.
Matthew and Stephanie
About Matthew and Stephanie
We are very proud Tasmania's and we are thrilled to be able to offer accommodation to travellers, business people and locals. We have relished the opportunity to decorate and furnish Park on Park - and we hope that you enjoy it.
Matthew and Stephanie purchased this House in 2012
Why Matthew and Stephanie chose New Town
We love the classic style of this house, and the location. It took minutes to decide we had to have it!
100% refund if cancelled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if cancelled at least 14 days before arrival date.
Beautiful clean and comfortable house in great location. Well appointed kitchen with everything provided including breakfast which was a lovely touch! Would definitely recommend to friends or families visiting Hobart
Beautiful Traditional Elegance
Our stay at Park on Park was amazing.
The house was beautifully furnished with elegant traditional furnishings.
The kitchen was incredibly well equipped and the host was very generous with all the extras that were provided. I the bathroom soap and shampoo and conditioner were provided and in the kitchen there was bread and milk as well as an assortment of breakfast cereals the pantry was well stocked
It was truly wonderful and made our stay very special.
The house was impeccably clean and the beds were very comfortable. I had my best sleep in months. Such a lovely way to begin our holiday.
I would recommend this house to anyone wanting accommodation in Hobart.
Thanks again to the hosts
Thanks for staying with us Pauline - it was a pleasure dealing with you and we look forward to having you back some time.
All the best for your Tassie trip.
Matt and Steph
Awesome in every way
Beautiful house. Very tastefully decorated. Spacious rooms. Comfy beds and doonas which were lovely to snuggle into. Very much a home away from home. It was great having a well equipped kitchen so cooking was a breeze. Owners are very friendly and want you to enjoy your stay so cater for your every need. Very close to everything you need in Hobart. Close to the eating strip and Salamanca. Only a $20 taxi drive to either the eating strip or Salamanca if you don't want to drive yourself so you can enjoy a drink or two. Lots of tourist brochures and other info on hand to plan your stay. Would definitely return here if we return to Hobart.
Thanks for staying with us - you were great guests and we hope to see you again.
Very caring host, very clean with a good view
Everything we need the host provided. Very clean and organized linen and beds.
Nice character throughout the house.
They even offers us bread and butter to kick start
In one word “ wonderful “
Wonderful property for families and Hobart is just fantastic
Thanks for staying- we are thrilled you loved the house and our beautiful Hobart
5 star accommodation - 5 star hosts
We thoroughly enjoyed out stay in this delightful home. Park on Park has been renovated to the highest standard with quality fixtures and fittings. The décor and other personal touches are very tasteful and were well appreciated. Three of the bedrooms have huge, comfortable beds which was important for our group of three over 55 ladies. The kitchen was beautifully appointed, and Matt and Steph ensured all of the pantry items and kitchen basics we could possibly need were supplied. The views from the front windows are amazing. We stayed six nights and the house was just a short drive from all of the sights we wanted to see in Hobart. A large shopping centre is only a short drive away. Matt and Steph, our hosts, were easy to communicate with throughout the whole process, and were so friendly. It was lovely to meet them during our stay. We will definitely recommend ParkonPark to our friends and families.
Thanks for staying Jacqui and for your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Park on Park is:
• In close proximity to... everything! It is minutes from the CBD (2.7km/1.7m to the Elizabeth Street Mall). There is a bus stop 10 metres away and it takes about four minutes to drive to the city proper.
• A great place to base yourself for exploring the wonders of Tasmania - Port Arthur, Bruny Island, Lake Pedder, Russell Falls, Mount Wellington, the Huon Valley, the Derwent Valley.
• Located in the suburb of New Town - a great neighbourhood with gorgeous Colonial, Federation and Art Deco architecture throughout.
• Close to the majestic Hobart waterfront, the Botanical Gardens, Salamanca Place, the Federation Concert Hall and the North Hobart restaurant strip – all are just minutes away. There are a smorgasbord of dine-out or order-in eating options available.
• 10 minutes from The Museum of Old and New Art (MONA) and the Derwent Entertainment Centre.
• Close to The Tasmanian Hockey Centre, the Aquatic Centre, the Athletic Centre, the Hobart International Tennis Centre and rowing clubs.
• 10 minutes from Blundstone Arena.
• Not far from all shops - with groceries available at the Hill Street Grocer, Coles (New Town) or Woolworths (New Town) - all of which are within a kilometre or so.