Private Lakefront Home: 3 Bdrms, 2 BAs, Fireplace, Deck, Canoe, Jon boat & motor
Rooms and beds
Bedrooms: 3(Sleeps: 6)
Toilet · Shower
Toilet · Bath with shower
- 100% refund if you cancel at least 60 days before check-in.
- 50% refund (minus the service fee) if you cancel at least 30 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 30 days before check-in.
Damage and Incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property that is caused by you or your party during your stay.
Children allowed - Unsuitable for toddlers. Babes-in-arms & 6+ okay.Unsuitable for toddlers. Babes-in-arms & 6+ okay.
Pets allowed - Serv. anims only; some exceptions. Deposit varies.Serv. anims only; some exceptions. Deposit varies.
No events - Strict limitations. Inquire of owner.Strict limitations. Inquire of owner.
No smoking - Strictly no smoking anywhere on property.Strictly no smoking anywhere on property.
Max guests: 6
Minimum age of primary renter: 35 - Inquire of owner.Inquire of owner.
- Due to indigenous wildlife, no entry for swimming, wading, fishing in Lake Johns from any point on property. Jon boat, canoe, life vests available.
- Owner not liable for any injury/damage/loss to person or property of renter(s) or their visitor(s), sustained by any means at any location on property
- No discharge of firearms of any kind, including air rifles and BB guns, or fireworks on the property.
Check in and check out with no person-to-person contact
High-touch surfaces cleaned with disinfectant (e.g. countertops, light switches, handles and taps)
Cleaned with disinfectant
Minimum three-day vacancy between guests’ stays
All towels and bedding washed in hot water that’s at least 60ºC
Hosted by Dee Rivers-YowellAsk a question
About Dee Rivers-Yowell
This property has been owned and occupied and lovingly cared for by the same family since the 1930s. The current home, built in 1957, replaced the family's original Florida Cracker home, which was claimed by the state when the Florida Turnpike was constructed.
Dee Rivers-Yowell purchased this House in 1957
Why Dee Rivers-Yowell chose Winter Garden
In the midst of Central Florida's enormous development over the last four decades, every now and then one comes upon a place of peace reminiscent of Old Florida. This property is one of those, sitting beneath an ancient Heritage Oak, thousands of years old and on a cove once occupied by the area's Native Americans. In fact, in the 1980s, during a drought, a dug-out canoe, a thousand years old, was found along the shore in front of the house. It can be seen at the Orange County Historical Museum. From the deck, sunsets are breath-taking, and the nocturnal chorus from the lake's occupants is wonderful: frogs of many species, crickets, even bull gators. Away from light pollution, the night sky is a beautiful starry canopy, and breezes in the treetops are a lullaby.
What makes this House unique
Location, location, location: where easy access to everything meets the peace of natural Florida.