Cabin, 4 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths, (Sleeps 8-10)
Check-in: 4:00 pm
Check-out: 10:00 am
No Smoking Allowed anywhere on Property
May consider non-sheding dogs case by case.
Minimum age of primary renter:32
The pool is open from Memorial Day to Labor Day
100% refund if cancelled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if cancelled at least 30 days before arrival date.
A great family gathering!
Pam was wonderful to us and went above when we needed extra help. The Cedar Lodge is a rustic retreat, nestled quietly in a neighborhood. The trees surrounding the Lodge create beautiful privacy fence, where you’re unaware of anyone near. The Lake is a bit of a hike with heavy beach needs, but only about 3 city blocks (we’re from Chicago). Pam has beach chairs at the beach, so no lugging those back and forth. The beach is private and perfect. The amount of people vary day to day, but still quite secluded.
The lodge had everything we needed for cooking which we did quite a lot.
Nancy deserves a big thank you from us for helping us too. She was tending to the lodge when we arrived and shared her knowledge of her area and helped us in a pinch a few days later.
So much better doing VRBO with an owner than a company. Makes the experience way more personal and homey!
Thank you Pam!
There were 11 of us so we filled the property, but there are plenty of gathering areas from the pool to the screened porch to the spacious yard. We hardly left except to go to the beach. Very enjoyable vacation.
The cabin is nice and comfortable with a nice layout. The pool is heated and wonderful, very private. The beach is further than advertised but we rented a golf cart and that was a great option for getting back and forth. Would recommend that if you have little ones. For the price, the cabin needs some TLC. There are notes all over that tell you not to use the blinds or a door because they are broken. The pullout couch was ancient and worn and did not pull out without a ton of effort. Also, the train tracks are nearby and on some days, the train went by quite often and was very loud with horn blasts.
AMAZING cabin - a must stay
I stayed at this stunning cabin with a few friends and we had an amazing stay. The house is BEAUTIFUL, perfectly decorated, cozy, and clean. The cabin offers everything you need and made our stay even better than we anticipated. We had such a good time here we only left the property to go to the beach :)
The property manager was also great to work with and very responsive! We will definitely stay here again!
A Beautiful Cabin... but, Needs Updated Description.
The cabin is nice. Beautiful wood finishes. Tasteful decorating. Ample space for entertaining. The fireplace is wonderful. Beds are comfy. The problem, though, is that the description is misleading/outdated and many updates/much attention needs to be placed on certain things. For the price, I was quite disappointed with the below:
• Overall: The cabin is nice but it doesn't seem like the owners even want it rented. There are notes everywhere to "not use" this or to "remember to shut" this off or "don't use counters for cutting." Even things like the butcher block counters, were asked to not be cut on... and there were minimal cutting boards to use in place of them. It was off-putting and felt like we weren't trusted guests during our stay.
• Bathrooms: The water pressure is quite low, in fact. In addition, the bathroom by the twin beds had a clogged drain and stained basin. It took nearly 6 hours to fully drain which was not pleasant with 8 guests.
• Entertainment: Outdated or unusable. The surround sound wasn't hooked up / working properly, Netflix / Roku is inoperable (a group of 8 people well-versed in tech, couldn't get it to work), and cable is limited to basic. We had to plug our personal laptop into the HDMI to watch movies at night.
• Privacy: The photos and description are misleading. When you pull up you see houses all around you. It is located in a sub-division of homes/rentals. You are within eye and earshot of multiple homes when in the backyard. The pool is, however, fenced off but because of this you unfortunately feel boxed in. This property, overall, is far less "PRIVATE" than described.
• Communication: Our host was great communicating up to the rental was paid for and access code sent, but when we reached out to inquire about extending checkout (well over 24 hours in advance) she went radio silent. Note, we offered to pay for the extra time too, as we weren't expecting a free late checkout.
• Check-In / Check-Out: Check in is at 4PM and Check out is 10AM. For a cabin specializing in large parties this is unusual / rushed. Even 3PM check in + 11am check out would be better.
• Transportation: Note expect to stay at the cabin. If you want to go anywhere, there are minimal transportation options. For context, it was $14/person, round trip, to Four Winds Casino. That's the cheapest we found. For a group of 8 it was over $120 (with tip), to go to the closest casino.
Booked the cottage with college friends to use as our base as we went back and forth to ND and ND games. Wish we could have just stayed here because it really felt like home away from home. The cottage was very well kept and had enough amenities for us to use with ease. Thank you to Pam, the owner, who was so accommodating and made our stay easy. We will definitely go back next year.
Beautiful private association sandy beach on Lake Michigan appx 1 1/2 blocks!
Located in the heart of Michigan's wine country, near many vineyards offering wine tasting. Private heated POOL (summer), Amazing restaurants, shopping, boating, fishing, golf, antiquing and only 15 min. from Four Winds Casino!