Beautiful holiday villa with a nice private pool surrounded by lawn and located i...
- english, french, german, spanish, Russian, Dutch, Danish, norwegian
Villa Empire Review
We have just returned from a weeks stay at Villa ''Empire'' in Platja Da Aro, we hired the villa for a family holiday, we had a lovely time but do feel people need to be made aware of issues with the villa.
1) The villa is detailed to be suitable for 12 people, however only 4 sunbeds are supplied and only 6 dining room chairs, this is apparently the owners wishes. We had to use garden chairs as dining chairs and 1 of them snapped whilst being sat in, lucky person was not badly injured, we reported this issue and a replacement chair was bought the following day
2) we had a major problem with ants every night in one of the bedrooms.
3) Curtain rails were hanging off walls, making it difficult to close curtains
4) A shutter collapsed in of the bedrooms when trying to close it.
5) The patio doors from the lounge are extremely difficult to open, They need replacing
6) only seating in the lounge for 4 people, totally inadequate, pictures show 3 sofa's when there are only 2
7)Plug missing from the kitchen sink, makes it difficult to wash up !
8) On arrival the pool floor was dirty, we reported it and was informed it was due to rain prior to our arrival, we disagreed, maintenance team arrived on the monday and fixed the broken filter and cleaned it.
The villa is advertised as spanish & Functional but it does require serious modernisation to become a lovely holiday home worthy of renting
Also collection & delivery of keys is an issue, you have to go to the next resort which involves 20 euros taxi ride there and back, there must be a better way of doing this
Costa Brava, with it's length of about 100 km, runs from Blanes to Port Bou near the French border. This makes the Costa Brava a very popular holiday destination for tourist who travel by car. In the South of the Costa Brava you will find the La Selva district, between the town of Blanes and Tossa de Mar.
All Club Villamar villas are situated in this district. The Romans too knew that your days are best spend at the 'Rough Coast'. In the several fisherman villages you will find remains of this period, with the burrow of Tossa de Mar as a jewel on the crown. The kindness of the climate ( in winter the temperatures rarely drops below zero degrees and well is well above 30 degres in the summer), make it possible to enjoy this extraordinarily beautiful rugged coastline and the several sandy beaches year round. Together with the hearthwarming character of the local populace, the rich historical past, the lovely green hills and the varied exquisite kitchen makes the Costa Brava a holiday region which has a lot going for itself. Drawn by these riches, many famous artist have found serenity and peace at this Spanish part of coast.