4bed-3.5bath-slps10 Rural Luxury Villa with Views, huge pool and 2000sqm garden
Claire & Steve
- english, french, italian, arabic, Maltese
About Claire & Steve
I am Maltese, an architect by profession, married and I have one son. I look forward to hosting you at Mediterranea.
Claire & Steve purchased this Villa in 2008
Why Claire & Steve chose Ħaż-Żabbar
Because it is unique to the Maltese Islands also having hosted a number of Hollywood Stars and famous singers.
What makes this Villa unique
Quite Rural setting, with large lush well tended gardens and very well equipped with latest technology.
Check-in: 4:00 pm
Check-out: 10:00 am
100% refund if cancelled at least 60 days before arrival date.
A tale of 2 cliches: never judge a book by its cover and the devil is in the detail.
Let me explain. The quality of the accommodation, pool, terrace and garden is really good as shown in the "cover" ....... but now for the details that you don't get until you have paid your money, get there and sign the lease agreement.
1. If you have friends or family in Malta and you want to invite them for a BBQ you must obtain the Owners prior approval and allow them to organise and supervise the "event" for a small fee.
2.Despite having paid the separate Cleaning charge the Housekeeper turned up on day 3 of our 10 day stay. She arrived at 9:00, told us she had to be away by 11:00. All she did was replace the bed linen, gave us fresh towels and mopped the floors. If you want any further bed, towel changes or cleaning done during your stay guess what, there is an additional charge. VFM? Not in our book.
3. You can't even wash the bed clothes yourself because although a washing machine and tumble drier are listed in the villa facilities they are in the housekeers room which is locked.
4. The €5 per person per day charge for electricity consumption would only be adequate if you never had the aircon on which at the height of a Maltese summer would be unbearable.
5. Other listed facilities which were not available during our stay were the Bose DVD Surround Sound system, the 50" and 22" TV's in the upstairs bedrooms were there but didn't work.
6. The external decking area is built using hollow terracotta planks a lot of which were loose and broken at corners with sharp edges creating slip, trip or cut hazards.
7. For a villa being let for up to 10 people (3) sun-loungers at the pool is not enough.
8. Although it is a nice rural location the villa is difficult to find even for local taxi / airport transfer companies provided with maps.
We did raise all these things with the owner at the time by emails, texts and personally when we checked out but our comments and observations were not well received. Their Customer Service, Care and relations needs some improvement as does some areas of the property.
The above are statements of fact and experience not unsubstantiated opinions and hope they will assist future renters.
OMG this is really a dream house!
Great property for relaxing and enjoying the beautiful weather on this island. The kids played all day on the turf and in the pool, we barbecued and went for walks and swam in the sea that was only 15 mins away on foot. The house was spotless and the host really helpful, she helped us organise sightseeing trips and also a private chef for our anniversary...A holiday to remember
Mediterranea is situated in a rural area that is just 10-15 mins away on foot to the centre of Marsaskala. Here one finds a delightful natural harbour onto which a number of bars and restaurants are situated facing the promenade. Less than 15 mins away by car there is the historical town of Birgu. Situated in one of the natural inlets of the Grand Harbour, overlooking a marina, and forming part of the three cities, Birgu also has several restaurants, and walking through the narrow streets to discover the small city is also advisable. In summer, one may take the ferry from the Birgu waterfront to Valletta. For the more adventurous there is another ferry from Valletta to Sliema. (Please check times beforehand as schedule changes every season). The neighbouring towns of Birzebbugia and Marsaxlokk are also worth a visit, these are 15 mins away by car. Marsaxlokk is a fishing village, with several restaurants. A market is set up every Sunday on the promenade, here you can find anything from fresh fish to souvenirs.