Sparkling Pool, Evening Walks Under the Stars, Afternoon Showers!
- english, french, spanish
About Thelma Gutierrez
I am a graduate of the University of Arizona and currently write and produce documentaries.
Thelma Gutierrez purchased this Condo in 2014
Why Thelma Gutierrez chose Starr Pass
There truly is nothing better than Starr Pass. It's 10 minutes to the freeway, downtown and the UofA, yet nestled in the lush Sonoran Desert that I will always cherish and call home.
What makes this Condo unique
Our home has no stairs, it's steps from parking, the heated pool and gym, and it's conveniently located to hiking trails and the JW Marriott. It's quiet and if you're visiting Tucson to experience the desert, Starr Pass is the perfect community.
100% refund if cancelled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if cancelled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Running from the snow
The condo was lovely and the Starr Pass complex was quiet and had friendly people . So impressed we are thinking of buying a place ourselves. Love Home Away!
Exactly as represented in the listing. Very well kept, convenient to restaurants and activities.
We had a great time in Tucson, and the Casa Serenity was central to our satisfaction. The casa itself is very clean and orderly, and has everything you'll need to get you through your stay. We were able to use the pool area and fitness center on several occasions. Both were always available and well maintained. We are pretty private people, and Thelma, the owner, respected that. She made sure we had everything we needed, and if we had any concerns to let her know immediately. The other condos and areas around the complex are in great shape. We met very friendly people throughout our stay, and were never concerned for safety. We hiked the trails for 3-4 hours a day, and were very impressed. Also, I played golf on three different courses, all within minutes of the Casa. Restaurants and other services (including health care) are likewise close by. Respect the property, follow the rules, and you can be guaranteed a great stay.
well stocked, homey
we really enjoyed are stayed, nice location.
The unit was as described no complaints
Great location Quiet Condo complex unit is near the pool And close to Arizona Desert Museum which is a must see ! Owner was responsive to our questions.
A+ guests! Thank you, we appreciate the care you took with our casita. We are so glad you enjoyed your time in Tucson and we hope you return to the old pueblo soon! Thelma
Beautiful accomodations and location
We look forward to staying here again. The furnishings and décor were beautiful and welcoming. We enjoyed the proximity to the Starr Pass trail system, too.
I’m so happy that you enjoyed your time with us! Thank you for taking such wonderful care of our home. We would love to welcome you back in the near future. Nuestra Casa es Su Casa! Happy Holidays,
Very cute condo. The place was nice and clean. Thelma was very accommodating and quick to reply. Worked out great for 3 of us. Would definitely stay here again!
We loved having you and are thrilled that you enjoyed the casita and Tucson. Thank you for being such a wonderful guest and we look forward to having you back!
Tucson is a hidden gem for tourism in the southwest. It's 45 minutes from the US Mexico Border, 1 hour to the snow and near countless landmarks of the old west: Tombstone, Benson and Bisbee. Also try wine tasting around the town of Sonoita. For the latest happenings during your stay, go to: Tucson Happenings.com. It has a calendar for events and live music!
Here's my top ten list of must sees:
1. Lorraine Lee Nature Trail. Breathtaking desert vistas! It's within Starr Pass and an easy way to experience the desert up close.
2. Best Scenic Place to have a drink and enjoy panoramic views in the evening - The patio of the JW Marriott. Live music & tequila tastings!
3. Most Romantic Dining Room: The main restaurant at Hacienda del Sol on Tucson's northeast side. Think Mexican hacienda, candlelight and city light views.
4. Sonoran Desert Museum. If you appreciate the desert, no where in the world will you experience such a magical, world class museum where the flora and fauna are in a natural setting.
5. Saguaro National Monument West. A short drive from the desert museum takes you through one of the most beautiful scenic drives in the southwest. Take a picnic, find your happy place where you can walk an arroyo, a trail and zen out, There are rock paintings by the ancient Hohokam people.
6. Tubac, Az. It's south, about 40 minutes on the I-19. Wonderful way to spend the day checking out local art galleries and shops. One of a kind southwestern art. THEN my favorite place for lunch, Elvira's Mexican Food. Great ambiance - for dinner and drinks nothing there can beat the Tubac Country Club. A former hacienda where the dining room is elegant, yet unpretentious.
7. Sabino Canyon. Hike or take a tram up into the canyon where you can experience waterfalls in the desert! A great place to spend the day. You'll need sunscreen, a hat, swimsuit, snacks and WATER.
8. Mount Lemon. If you need to escape the heat in the summer, or want to play in the snow in the winter, this one hour drive up into the Catalina Mountains is beautiful! When you get to the town of Winterhaven, eat at The Sawmill Run. A great spot to have spicy turkey chili, rhubarb pie and comfort food.
9. Kartchner Caverns. It's about an hour away but a real treat! You take a tram to the caves and go on a fantastic guided tour. You must make reservations. It's a popular destination.
10. 4th Avenue. A great place to walk. Eclectic bars and restaurants, Vegan, Mexican, Italian, and cute shops. Near the U of A.