House, 4 Bedrooms, 3 Baths, (Sleeps 10)
Check-in: 4:00 pm
Check-out: 10:00 am
100% refund if cancelled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Beach Getaway Defined
Listing is very accurate, literally right on the beach, just a few steps down and a short walk and you are there. Listening to the surf roar at night is a BIG plus.
Funny to mention this, but we've rented A LOT of VRBO properties around the world and this has absolutely the BEST stocked kitchen I've ever seen. Pots, pans, skillets, mixing bowls, you name it, it's there. We were planning on going out to eat a couple of times but ended up staying in and relaxing instead. Bring lots of food though, the nearest grocery store is 20+ minutes away.
I give this 5 stars and it's not because it's the "fanciest" of places, if you want the Ritz Carlton head over to Hilton Head and pay 3 times more. What this places offers is a quiet location, ample room, adequate amenities (beach chairs, toys, etc) and great beach access. The back porch is comfortable and a great place to read in the morning - good coffee maker too.
Two items of caution (that the owners can't do anything about) -
1) sand burs, I grew up in the South and near the beach and never have I seen so many sand burs, they are everywhere so beware, I had to pick several from doggy paws during our stay
2) Fripp Island "quirkiness" and security. Some of the security guards are nice, easy, laid back (what you should be at the beach) and some power tripping a bit much. Just make sure you have your OWN name on the car pass for every single driver. Also, don't try to use ANY of the amenities (even the restaurant/grill on the back side of the island) unless you purchase a pass from your property manager.
This house was everything that Wayne advertised it to be and more! He was really friendly and even checked in to make sure that we were having a great time!
Communication with owner was great. Offered help with WiFi.
Great location and clean house.
Great location – House needs help
1. Stair Carpet was badly stained/dirty all the way from the main entry up to the main floor of the house.
2. Flooring on the lower-level outside entrance was severely warped/ lifted-up.
3. Drawer Front on drawer under oven was falling off with one end resting on the floor of the kitchen.
4. Screen in the porch overlooking the ocean had a large hole and several small holes. In addition, the two outside screen doors to this porch fit so poorly that insects were able to enter as they liked.
5. Bed in one bedroom was poorly made with sheet hanging down to floor.
6. What appeared to be ink stains were found on blanket on one bed.
7. Three Palmetto Bugs were found in the main part of the house and numerous other bugs and roaches were found in the downstairs bedroom. There were holes to the outside which the bugs found convenient.
8. The room air conditioner was not working… The fan runs and runs but no cooling was experienced.
9. Towels were plentiful but appeared to be grey from overuse.
The location of this house was great. Wildlife viewing was superb as described in the VRBO writeup. The house, itself has a nice layout and the rooms are a good size.
The ocean front access and screened porch can't be beat. Plenty of beach toys and some chairs were at the house. Kichen not very well equipped so we left a working manual can opener and there should really be more than one frying pan for the number of people the house can accommodate. There really aren't 2 masters as only 1 had an attached bath. That one was updated as was the kitchen but the hall bath was not. Good amount of seating. So if you are willing to regard things as comfortable instead of a little shabby this place will work for you.
Mr. Kemmerer's house is perfect! It is well stocked, clean, comfortable and roomy. You are in walking distance from the Club House/pool and the beautiful beach is visible from all the rooms on the top floor with access to two decks and a nice screened in porch.
Just an FYI: be sure to purchase the Access Cards or you won't be able to do anything on the island. Mr. Kemmerer was very accommodating and a pleasure to work with. My husband and I will definitely be back!