Contemporary 3 bedroom waterfront home with pool, fireplace and jetty access
Cathy & Cameron Player
About Cathy & Cameron Player
Cameron and Cathy found this little piece of paradise completely by accident on their own weekend away. After successfully bidding for the land, they built the house in 2000, and have been sharing their hideaway on Stayz (now Homeaway) since 2012. With 2 children of their own, the house has been designed to be family friendly. They also enjoy spending quality time with friends at Winji Jimmi, unplugging from their work in Sydney. Having renovated the house in 2018, they are delighted to again be able to open the doors to new and returning guests, with a fresh contemporary update. Cameron & Cathy are happy to be contacted during your stay if you need information about the house or the local area. Please see the house book in the kitchen for their contact details.
Cathy & Cameron Player purchased this House in 2000
Why Cathy & Cameron Player chose Chain Valley Bay
Winji Jimmi is the perfect waterfront getaway to relax and spend time with family and friends, located on the southern tip of Lake Macquarie. Built in 2000 then renovated in Spring 2018, its a comfortable and contemporary 3 bedroom home that's close to Sydney yet a million miles away from care. It's a step up from many holiday houses as there are quality inclusions everywhere. Plus there's a convenient bottle shop and takeaway over the road, and shops only 2 min away. You'll also find that Cameron and Cathy are very hospitable, quietly there if you need them to ensure your stay is a good one.
What makes this House unique
You'll love this house because; - Waterfront and amazing water views - Green Solar energy direct from the roof during daylight hours - Convenience of a bottle shop, takeaway and hairdresser over the road - Shopping centre 2 min away including a Woollies, Jamaica Blue, Asian and Indian takeaways, bank etc - The house has 2 frontages so you can park your boat and cars on Bridge Ave easily - The fireplace is a delight, with plenty of spare firewood outside - Lake Haven Shopping centre is 15min away and includes a movie theatre - This house has literally everything... good sheets, towels, kitchen equipment - it's not your usual holiday house. Its more like your home away from home and you can even bring your dog
100% refund if cancelled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if cancelled at least 14 days before arrival date.
Gorgeous Haven by the Lake
From the sparkling lake views, to the thoughtful extras and delightful house, every aspect of our break was perfect. Even the weather turned on an autumn feast of sunshine, cloudless days and brisk swims in the elegant pool.
Great spot, great house, very clean, comfy bed, comfy lounge, impressively equipped kitchen, games, books, DVDs, pool, spa. Owners friendly with good communication and a lovely basket of goodies on arrival. What more could anyone want? I know a return trip.
Beautiful home in idealyic location right on the water. Nice touches throughout and breakfast supplies left. Good comms with host.
Beautifully maintained house with fabulous views directly over Lake Macquarie. Obviously a well loved holiday hideaway as the moment you step through the door you feel right at home with delightful and classy decor, 5-star amenities; including quality towels and bedding; and a fully equipped kitchen. Great pool perfectly sized for a quick dip or sunset cocktails. Though you may need to clean the leaves- but that’s the downside of being surrounded by nature.
My dog was in heaven with regular lake swims and large glass windows to watch nature go by during the day.
Hosts were gracious and very easy to contact.
Only slight down point was public jetty access to the side of the house so a little bit of foot traffic in the early evening but very quiet at other times.
Lake front gem
We had a wonderful stay at Cathy & Cameron’s house. We were there for a week with our visiting family and our dog. The house is in a perfect location, and thoughtfully equipped, there was even plenty of toys to keep the little ones entertained.
The communication from Cathy and Cameron were great, they made sure we were thoroughly briefed with directions, where to find keys, and recommendations of place to visit when we were on our way there.
We would definitely stay there again.
Peaceful and relaxing few days
We enjoyed our stay on Lake Macquarie in this cosy house. The view of the lake is beautiful and our dog loved going for walks and even snuck in a few cheeky swims along the way. The house is very well equipped - comfy beds and nice linen and towels. Our daughter loved playing in the toy box and practiced her walking outside watching all the birds! The pool is just the right size for a refreshing dip - the only thing that lets it down is having to clean it all the time from all the leaves that blow/fall in all day but that’s what you get for being in the middle of nature :)
Nice and close to explore local beaches we particularly enjoyed caves beach.
Nestled at the very lower section of Lake Macquarie, Winji Jimmi is located in Chain Valley Bay South, which is about 1.5 hours from Sydney's CBD. Its an easy drive on the M1, yet far enough away to be a real get away.
Interesting things about the local area:
- Lake Macquarie is the largest coastal saltwater lake in the Southern Hemisphere and is four times the size of Sydney Harbour
- The lake is 9.7 m at its deepest.
- There are 29 public boat ramps, 28 public jetties and wharves and 7 marinas around the lake.
- The Lake reaches the ocean at Swansea Heads (there is a lovely RSL there)
- There are many patrolled and unpatrolled ocean beaches along the eastern ocean shore
- To the west of the lake are the Watagan Mountains
- There are more lakes to the south, but these are landlocked, rich with wetlands and bushwalking
- Travel north and you will find the bustling city of Newcastle which is experiencing major renewal with a blend of new restaurants and old historic areas
Around the lake, you'll find that all water sports including boating and fishing are popular. Many sections are largely unpopulated and unspoilt. It is a largely unspoilt holiday destination that's slowly being discovered as an easy get away from Sydney.
Lake Macquarie is 134 km north of Sydney via the M1 (the Pacific Highway).
The Lake Macquarie Visitor Guide 20 places of interest:
- Catherine Hill Bay (see Catherine Hill Bay)
- Wallarah National Park
- Murrays Beach
- Caves Beach (see Swansea)
- Blacksmiths Beach
- Pelican Foreshore Reserve
- Fernleigh Track (see Belmont)
- Belmont Bay Foreshore (see Belmont)
- Green Point Foreshore Reserve
- Redhead Beach (see Belmont)
- Charlestown Square
- Warners Bay
- Speers Point Park
- Lake Macquarie City Art Gallery
- Toronto Foreshore (see Toronto)
- Rathmines Park (see Toronto)
- Wangi Wangi (see Wangi Wangi)
- Watagan Mountains National Park (see Cooranbong)
- Dora Creek (see Cooranbong)
- Pulbah Island (see Swansea)
Other Major Attractions in the Area
- Lake Macquarie State Conservation Area that includes 650 ha of bushland in a number of separate pockets of land on the western and south-eastern foreshores of the lake. The State Conservation Area conserves important remnant bushland around Lake Macquarie. These bushland areas are popular for bushwalking, fishing, swimming, boating and bird watching.
- The Hunter Valley is only an hours drive away for world class wine and many cellar door tastings plus top restaurants
All in all, there is plenty to do in the Lake Macquarie area and Winji Jimmi gives you access to it all.