Amazing beachfront property with unparalleled water views. Ocean views at your doorstep, sand dunes in your back yard. A beautiful location with fabulous accommodation for families and friends. 4 bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms, double garage indoor and outdoor entertaining spaces. Cellar and table tennis room, huge separate lounge area with kitchenette. Beautiful protected north facing bbq and indoor/outdoor sitting area. Views from nearly ever room!
Master bedroom has a king bed, 2nd and 3rd bedrooms have queen and 4th bedroom has a bunk (double on the bottom and single up top).
5 min walk to StAndrews beach recreation club with Tennis courts!
Doonas and pillows provided with covers. Linen & towels on request for an extra charge ($15pp).
Strictly no parties allowed. Guests will be evicted immediately and loose their bond in the event of an unauthorised party.
We hope you will enjoy your stay at our much loved beach house in St Andrews.
Please read through the house manual before your stay so you can familiarise yourself with the house controls. There will also be a copy left at the property in the Kitchen so you can refer to it during your stay if need be. Of course if you have any questions about anything, don’t hesitate to contact Jacqui (0416 105934) or Sandy (0401 943778).
NO SMOKING – Inside house , On the Decks or Inside the Gazebo please. If you would like to smoke, please do so away from the house. Any butts or cigarette burns in furniture or decking will incur rectification costs.
DOORS – Please be aware, you can get a great breeze through the house and therefore when opening doors, you need to either ‘chock’ them open or close them behind you so they don’t slam if caught by the wind.
Keys & Access – Long Version
Key Safe Location
• On first arrival park outside the gate and enter via the pedestrian gate on the RHS.
• On the opposite side of the main gate inside the property is a gas meter. The key safe is located on it.
• Enter code xxxx (Code will be provided on the morning of your arrival) and press the “open” lever to retrieve the 3 keys. Immediately return the cover by pressing xxxx and holding “open” to return the cover.
• There is no need to remove the key safe from the gas meter. If you do by accident, refer instructions below.
• The Smallest sized key will unlock the main gate so that the button at the main gate will now open it. Unlock the gate and then use the button to open the gates and drive in. We recommend leaving the gates in the unlocked position for the duration of your stay so this key does not need to be used again until you vacate the property.
• Gates will automatically close behind you and automatically open when you drive to the exit
• First use the Middle sized standard key marked “John Barnes”/”Master” to open the wooden gazebo door
• Then use the largest or key marked “Silca”/”Front Door” to open the main front door
• There are 2 alarm pads. One inside the house immediately ahead of you after opening the front door.
• One alarm xxxx (Code will be provided on the morning of your arrival).
• Press this code to disarm and arm the house.
• On departure, press the code in again and green lights will indicate that the alarm has been activated.
Garage Door Control and House Access
• There is only one garage door control should you wish to use the garage. It is kept inside the house on top of the fridge. Please return it there at the end of your stay. We have some things stored in the garage, please respect our property and leave as is.
• The Middle sized standard key marked “John Barnes” /”Master” will unlock the internal garage door into the house if it’s locked.
Heating & Cooling
• There is hydronic heating throughout the house with an access panel near the front door in the living room.
• Split systems are in a number of rooms and have their own remote control (note, the split system in study is not currently operational).
• Gas heater in the living room is operated by a switch on the LHS.
o Use the switch on the LHS of the gas. Turn on and off here.
o It takes about 30s to light. If it does not light, switch off, wait 10s then switch on again.
Theatre Room TV
• There is one spare HDMI cord for connecting computers or devices directly to the TV.
o The source is HDMI2/PC on the TV.
o Simply plug the device in and put the TV to HDMI2/PC.
• For playing DVDs, turn on AMP (under TV in cupboard on LHS).
o Put Amp to HDMI1 (press BD/DVD button or use the input arrows on bottom left of AMP).
o Put TV source on HDMI1. (DVD sound must go through the surround sound system, there is no sound from the TV.)
Hi-Fi – Dining Room
• There is an Amp and CD player in the dining room.
• BEFORE turning on, please ensure volume is down so as not to blow speakers, the volume can go quite loud. Also, please respect our neighbours and ensure noise restrictions after 10pm.
• Put the Amp to “Aux” and play CDs in the CD player.
o Channel 4: Living room
o Channel 3: Outside
o Channel 2 & 1: N/A
• Available for guest use. Must be cleaned if used, $50 charge if left dirty.
• Sliding window to the kitchen is very handy. The fly screen is magnetic and you can remove it by pushing the screen up and releasing the bottom. To replace, insert the top first and then drop in the bottom section.
• The light for the BBQ area is inside the house. Walk in the front door, head to the right and you should see it on the hall wall before walking into the living room. The light switch is labelled.
• There is a washing machine for guests to use if required. It may ‘walk’ during the spin cycle, if so, please push back thanks. Also an iron & ironing board.
• Cupboard labelled do not use, please… do not use.
General Cleaning Items for guests
Ironing board located in drawer in the laundry.
• If need, there is a vacuum in the living room cupboard (also a high chair is located there)
• Broom in the kitchen
• Mop & bucket in the laundry cupboard
• Bathrooms all have cloths, sprays & domestos – please only use in the bathrooms if required. These supplies are predominantly for the cleaners.
• Carpet cleaner spray under the kitchen sink
Table Tennis Table
• Bats and balls are in a drawer in the table tennis room
Spa – NOT OPERATIONAL, PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH Thanks
• We have a few things around the house that we would like the guests not to use.
o general items stored in garage
o A cupboard in the laundry – labelled
o Drawer in the study – labelled
• If these things are removed or used, costs will be recovered through your bond.
• Sunday night. Please put the bins out on this night.
• Bin position: When walking out of the pedestrian gate, please put the bin out to the right, facing the road (about 20m away from the front gate). Please remove any excess rubbish. A charge of $60 + tipping fees will be charged if excess rubbish requires removal.
Leaving Checklist – This is the checklist that our hosts refer to after a tenant has vacated. Please run through it yourself to avoid any claim on your bond & so we can give you a great review!
• Wipe down all surfaces & ensure all dishes cleaned and away
• Check house is generally clean and tidy
• Check oven & microwave has been wiped down
• Check outside for cigarette butts, bottle tops, general rubbish
• Check for any damage and note
• Rubbish in the rubbish bins (Bin night is Sunday night). Please remove any excess rubbish. A charge of $60 + tipping fees will be charged if excess rubbish requires removal.
• Check kitchen for glasses & crockery – no breakages or breakages have been noted
• Lock all external doors and windows (if unlocked) and close garage
• Heating and cooling turn off
• All lights to be turned off
• All electrical equipment turned off (e.g. amps, TVs, DVD players)
• Blinds closed
• Keys returned to key safe
On Vacating the property
• If used, return the garage door clicker to the top of the fridge
• Enter the alarm code.
• Lock the wooden gazebo door using the Largest “John Barnes” /”Master” key
• Use the smallest key “Gate Key” to lock the main gate
• Return the keys to the key safe just inside pedestrian gate. Enter the code, press the open button, take the panel off, put the keys inside and then scramble the lock.