Iconic Country home- sleeps 2- 8 people
Dalia Isles/Joss Corrie
About Dalia Isles/Joss Corrie
My happy place has always been in nature and the Blue Mountains offer the perfect environment to retreat to. Having lived in busy Bondi and Maroubra Beach for many years, purchasing this amazing property in Katoomba for a more relaxed lifestyle in April 2017 was the perfect tree change for me. I now delight in sharing this beautiful property with my guests and enjoy welcoming them when I'm around.
Dalia Isles/Joss Corrie purchased this House in 2017
Why Dalia Isles/Joss Corrie chose Katoomba
I've enjoyed coming up to the blue mountains on weekends to bushwalk for many years and have rented houses. When this iconic house with it's spectacular view, beautiful gardens and location came onto the market I knew I had to buy it.
What makes this House unique
* The best escarpment view in the valley. * 300 metres to the famous 3 Sisters and 5 major bushwalks. * Iconic home previous owned by the famous Australian Astrologer Author and pianist Richard Sterling who created the most amazing astrological signposted garden in Australia. Guests are able to wander through this unique terraced garden and discover their star sign within the "other worldly gardens". * Guests often mention the ambience and peaceful energy on the property. * Dramatic colourful sunrise. * This perfect location helps time poor explorers see more in one day.
100% refund if cancelled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if cancelled at least 14 days before arrival date.
so glad i picked this beautiful and eclectic house overlooking the valley for our 1 night stay. the house was divine with all its decor and crystals etc. the heaters were great too. very cosy for a wknd away.we loved it!! thanks dalia and joss xx
Large property, comfortably furnished, amazing views and beautiful garden. All of this coupled with very helpful and prompt communication and great service from start to finish
Hey Alister, So happy you made it at last and we were able to accommodate you in this beautiful home. Yes the views from the dining room and kitchen of Sterling Manor are the best in the Valley for sure. So happy you had time to explore the terraced gardens that meander all the way down to the Prince Henry Bush walk. Please come back again soon, your wellbeing depends on it !
Beautiful views and ideal location
Sterling manor is in such a great location (300mts to the 3 sisters and the gateway to many beautiful bushwalks), has incredible views from the living area, is really homely and has the best heating I have seen/ experienced! I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking to treat themselves. As far as accommodation goes, it ticks all of my boxes!
Thank you for your great review. It was a pleasure to have you bubs and mum stay at Sterling Manor and wonderful to meet you personally. We are happy you all enjoyed yourselves and welcome you and your friends back in the future.
Sterling Manor katoomba
Our stay in Sterling Manor was a world class experience. A very spacious and comfortable apartment with special touches that makes it feel like your home but away. The cosy sun room at the front of the property is the perfect place to enjoy your morning coffee taking in the panoramic views of the majestic Jamison valley. A walk through the gardens leaves you with a fresh mind to start the day. Five minutes walk to the three sisters n cafes. Dalia our host is most gracious and welcoming leaving us a nice bottle of wine some chockies on our bed and beautiful fresh flowers in our bedroom along with a welcoming post card. We’ve stayed at many properties up here over 30yrs and must say sterling manor rises above most we have stayed at. It is also very affordable compared to others. The view alone talks for itself. Thankyou Dalia for sharing this beautiful part of the world with us. We will be back
Dear Chris and Georgina,
I really appreciate your great review and kindness in your description, especially as we take great pride in adding the little extras that makes this house a home. The majesty of this amazing view over the escarpment is best conveyed by our guests experience. Your detailed description will certainly go a long way in doing so. Thank you
Beautiful decotated, spotless clean, well equipped, beautiful garden, magnificent view
This is a beautiful classic house with a bit of luxury touch. A great place to relax. Even no aircond but the house is so cool even we went on a hot xmas day. Watching the sunset from the house is a unforgettable. I highly recommend to anyone who want a relax holiday break.
Hi Vicki, It was great to meet you and your whole family during your stay with us. Many thanks for your kind words and happy you had a great time.
The Best Views in the Valley
Sterling Manor exceeded our expectations. A well maintained 1930's style double storey house with extraordinary landscaped gardens that go all the way down to the Prince Henry Bush Walk. We loved the rear dining room with wall to wall breathtaking views, better than most lookouts. We ate in much of the time as the house was so homely and warm. Large double bedroom with comfortable queen bed, hotel quality linen, beautifully presented. We came with another couple who had the comfy sofa bed and loved waking up to an awesome sunrise. Dalia was an awesome host. Highly recommended!!
So pleased you all had a great time and enjoyed your stay. You are welcome anytime!
Here are some of my favourite activities:
* A must see is the Scenic Cableway, offering a great view of the Jamison Valley below. The Scenic Railway, the steepest passenger railway in the world that takes you down into the Valley where you can hop off and go for a walk and then catch the railway back up. The Scenic Walkway an easy boardwalk amongst the tree ferns and mountain vegetation.
You can do all three for the one price of $38.00 and is an exciting experience.
* Catch the Hop on Hop off bus which takes you through all the towns in the mountains - only a 300m walk from your accommodation
* Go Canyoning and Abseiling an exhilarating experience for anyone looking for an adrenalin activity.
* Wentworth Falls Lake - a huge and beautiful lake with a walking track and a picnic area.
* There are 3 excellent golf courses - Leura, Wentworth Falls and Blackheath.
* The Lost Bear Art Gallery in Lurline Street Katoomba is a 6 minute walk away.
* The Megalong Valley Tea Rooms on the way to Blackheath is a great
venue with outdoor seating and magical mountain views. The food is excellent and the road with it's stunning scenery and easy bushwalks along the way is well worth the drive.
* The Dryridge Estate also in Megalong Valley has wonderful views, free wine tasting and a cafe. The only winery in the Blue Mountains.
* The Hydro Majestic, built in 1904 as a health retreat is an iconic building in Medlow Bath and definitely worth a visit - 30 mins drive away
* The Jenolan Caves 1 hour away is Australia's most outstanding cave system with exquisite crystal formations. A must-do!