If you love ocean views then this is the house for you! The property enjoys ...
Please consider the following guidelines when booking this property:
No refunds for cancellations made after payment is made
Things don't need to be fancy, but they do need to work
There were positives to our stay, but plenty of major negatives, too. We were not expecting, nor requiring anything fancy, however, when many basic items were either completely broken or not supplied, it was extemely irritating and disappointing.
* Cold tap in the kitchen is broken, making it very difficult to use
* The sink in the ensuite is "plumbed" in with duct tape - water just flows directly onto the floor, rendering it useless
* The hot tap in the ensuite shower comes off, much like the kitchen tap
* Many of the bowls and pots we pulled out had dead cockroaches in them - and over the course of our 4 night stay we killed several live roaches
* The range hood is completely clogged up with dust, which is a fire hazard
* The only source of heating in the house is the fireplace, yet no wood at all is supplied
* The "roll out mattress" as described online is just a 1 inch thick piece of foam - roll out implies a trundle bed
* There is not 2 queen beds, as described online, but a queen and a double
* The double bed is absolutely dreadful quality - it is basically a trampoline, as are the single beds. Mattresses are not expensive and this one desperately needs replacing
* The clothes horse is broken and held together by a plastic bag
* The ensuite shower looks like it has never been cleaned
* The fridge leaks water all over the kitchen floor
* It would be nice if basics were supplied, like tea, coffee, sugar, salt, pepper, washing powder etc
*there is clutter everywhere. We put loads of stuff away in the empty dining room cupboards just so we had more space
* parking with a boat is quite difficult as the block is extremely steep
Not one issue on that list (parking excepted) would be difficult or expensive to fix, and would make the world of difference to the house. I will also add that I emailed not one, but 2 staff at Eden Realty outlining the issues - neither even bothered to even respond to my email, let alone phone me. With such major issues, this is quite shocking customer service, and shows total lack of courtesy.
* The views are lovely
* The neighbourhood is quiet
* nice and close to everything
* big backyard for the kids
* any kitchen utensil you could need is there
* The bed in the master bedroom is comfortable
* there is plenty of room
* having 2 tvs is great to separate kids from adults
In summary, it COULD be a wonderful holiday house. But in it's current state, it is not.