Welcome to my home! My beautiful 2 bed, 2 bath apartment, in vibrant Southwark, is a 200 year old converted warehouse.
Would stay again
We really enjoyed our stay!
Pros: Really enjoyed the location. We had teenagers and there was enough space for everyone to have a little alone time. There is a Tesco and a Decathlon near the Underground which we would stop by and get some groceries on our way back to the flat. It was just far enough away from the fast paced city that we could relax.
Cons: We didn't really have any cons but might not be the best property for little kids. There are several stairs and it is a good walk to the Tube.
Would be 5 star if the upstairs bathroom had a few minor fixes...drains weren't draining properly and toilet flush not lined up but we truly enjoyed our stay.
Charming Getaway from the London Chaos
We stayed in this charming converted warehouse with 2 adults and 2 teenagers. We found a lovely welcome packet to greet us including local foods and coffee as well as a visitor's book filled with food suggestions, directions to the tube station and more helpful information.
There are a couple things to know about the place so you are aware:
- it is a 15 minute walk to the nearest Overground Station (train) - it's a lovely and safe walk - then 15-20 minute train ride into the city to get to the main London Attractions. This wasn't a problem for us - but if you wanted to be "in the middle of things" this location isn't.
- The pictures make you think you will have a river view and patio at the apartment itself. In fact, you must step outside, into another area, and go up some stairs to get to the patio that is overlooking the river. Not a big deal, but if you're expecting to view the Thames from your lounge chair - you can only do it from one very small seat in the upstairs room.
-there is a set of steep and circular stairs within the apartment - If you are physically weak or unsteady, or have very small children, these could be challenging for you
- Was quiet and very comfortable - for our family, this was a great place to go at the end of the day and unwind. The local shops and restaurants are friendly, and the area feels safe and calm (one day, my son even said, "Can't we stay home and just relax here today? it's so nice." !)
- Nearby Tesco (groceries) made it easy to get food to eat at the apartment when we didn't want to eat out
- already mentioned the welcome packet and book filled with helpful instructions
- communication from the owners - they were very kind and responsive - even suggested an app (City Mapper), which is not available in our hometown, but was an absolute lifesaver during our time in London
- bedding and amenities are comfortable, clean and easy to use. The kitchen is well appointed
We enjoyed our stay, and recommend the apartment to those that are looking.
Thank you so much for your kind review. We really enjoyed hosting you for your stay in London. We hope to see you again in the future. All the best!
The Hostmaker Team