- 100% refund if you cancel at least 14 days before check-in.
- 50% refund (minus the service fee) if you cancel at least 7 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 7 days before check-in.
Damage and Incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property that is caused by you or your party during your stay.
Max guests: 8
Minimum age of primary renter:
- Disturbance to our neighbours, including excessive noise, is prohibited and may result in termination of rental and loss of bond.
- Please bring your own pillow slips, bath mats, and sheets. Sleeping bags used on top of mattresses are not acceptable. Quilts and pillows supplied.
- Number of Guests should not exceed the number stated on the Confirmation Notice or subsequently agreed in writing or email.
Fraser Island accommodation in a self contained rental house at Orchid Beach Queensland in the heart of the National Park and a World Heritage Listed Area.
Within 10 minutes of Indian Head, Champagne Pools, Waddy Point, Ngkala Rocks and Ocean Lake, the House was carefully designed to take advantage of the island's mild sub-tropical climate and to maximise your privacy and comfort. It is fully self contained, beautifully fitted out and the white sandy beach is only 400 metres from your door.
Orchid Beach is on Marloo Bay in the north east of the island and is the peaceful alternative to the busier southern resort settlements of Kingfisher Bay, Eurong and Happy Valley. We don't have a resort hotel, heavy beach traffic, tour buses or day-trippers and the nearby vehicle-free beach between Waddy Point and Champagne Pools is popular with families.
Swimming: Children can swim in the saltwater Champagne Pools, the freshwater Ocean Lake, and the numerous shallow lagoons and low tide gutters along the beach in the sheltered bay, or climb and slide down the many high sand hills.
4WD: A 35 kilometre drive north will take you up the beautiful wilderness area beach to Sandy Cape and around the tip of the island to the historic lighthouse and wartime bunkers.
Please drive carefully and don't disturb the nesting turtles or sea birds.
You are only 30 minutes from the island's western beach at Wathumba Creek and Platypus Bay where whales rest with their calves on their annual migration south. The Wathumba Creek estuary is renowned as a bream spawning ground and for the abundance for flathead, whiting and mud crabs. The Orchid Beach to Wathumba track crosses 16 kilometers of varied landscape containing unique flora such as the Orchid Beach native orchid, palms, ancient cycads, grass trees and beautiful seasonal wildflowers on the wallum heathlands.