Use Cathedral Heights as the base so you can enjoy all Halls Gap has to offer.
About Alistair Rowe
We have all grown up in Ararat which is about 40 minutes away from Halls Gap and the Grampians National Park. School days included completing the Duke of Edinburgh silver award that included hiking through the Grampians in year 11. We have spent many a school holiday since with our own kids and families exploring the Grampians.
Alistair Rowe purchased this Cottage in 2004
Why Alistair Rowe chose Halls Gap
We have been providing quality, affordable accommodation since 2004. We saw the house as an opportunity to allow others to stay to appreciate everything Halls Gap and the Grampians has to offer.
What makes this Cottage unique
One of the major walks in the Grampians National Park is called the Pinnacle. One of Cathedral Height's great features is to sit on the lounge in the living room and see the pinnacle from the cathedral window. You can walk the Pinnacle during the day, come home to a spa bath and sit and reflect on a great days walk with a beer or wine.
Please consider the following guidelines when booking this property:
100% refund if cancelled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if cancelled at least 14 days before arrival date.
Really like our stay here. Nice clean property and Value for money
Lovely clean and spacious home. We enjoyed our stay very much.
This house was nice and had a country feel. Had everything that we needed. Loved the wood heater. Would definitely stay here again and would highly recommend a getaway here.
Great spot with all the comforts of home.
Excellent property. Would highly recommend it.
This house was a pleasure to stay in. Extremely comfortable and cosy. We loved the view through the top window. My daughter enjoyed feeding the cockatoos in the morning.
Great value stay in Halls Gap
Lovely cottage in a great location - close enough to the main part of Halls Gap but far away enough to get that nice secluded feel. We particularly enjoyed the cosy wood fire and excellent BBQ. Would stay again!
Cathedral Heights is situated in Halls Gap which is the "capital" town of the Grampians National Park. The park is one of Victoria's most popular holiday destinations.
The Grampians is a series of rugged sandstone mountain ranges and forests rich in wildlife.
There are a network of walking tracks throughout the park that allows you to explore cascading waterfalls, brilliant spring wildflower displays and panoramic views from lookouts.
Drive to Reeds and Boroka lookouts for spectacular views or visit the magnificent McKenzie's falls.
You will need more than a weekend to appreciate everything Halls Gap and the Grampians has on offer.
Things to see and do could include:
- Bushwalking - the Pinnacle, the Balconies and McKenzies Falls,
- brilliant spring wildflower displays,
- panoramic views from lookouts - Reeds and Boronia Peak lookouts
- cycling - road cyclists will find steep classis climbs to destinations such as Mt William, Boroka and Reeds lookouts. Adventurous mountain bikers can explore the parks open public unsealed roads and 4WD tracks. There are also easy riding tracks in Halls Gap for the young kids.
- Rock climbing
- Water sports - Lake Wartook, Lake Bellfield, Lake Fyans, Moora Moora Reservoir offer fishing, boating and swimming - Halls Gap pool is a great spot for kids
- Flora - the area is know for its rich and colourful spring wildflower displays - places to visit include Heatherlie Quarry, Sundial Peak and the Piccanniny
- Wildlife - the park provides habitat for at least 230 bird, 40 mammal, 30 reptile, 11 amphibian and 6 native fish species. At dawn and dusk, Halls Gap and Fyans Valley are great places to spot common species, such as Eastern-grey kangaroos and emus
- Halls Gap zoo