If Fingal Farm is booked out when you want it, then have a look at our Maccas farm that adjoins the property.
On Fingal farm you have the 150 acres to yourself and it is close to great attractions. The farm has friendly Boer goats, alpacas, miniature horses and small Irish Dexter cattle. There are 340 million year old fossils to collect. The terrain is mostly flat country and a creek flows 1km along one boundary. Take nature walks and see the wildlife - birds, wallabies, & goannas.
The house is a small four bedroom cottage with a large covered veranda. It has a main bathroom with bath/shower/toilet, separate toilet and also an ensuite in the main bedroom. There is a well equipped kitchen- gas cooktop and oven, dishwasher and Aldi coffee pod machine. The lounge room has a comfy leather lounge, is reverse cycled air conditioned and there is a wood fire. There are polished floorboards and ceiling fans throughout. Two bedrooms have Queen beds and one has an air conditioner. Another bedroom has two single beds and one bedroom has bunks and a double bed, also with air conditioning. There is a portacot also available. The house is surrounded by a nice garden in the two acre house paddock. The house has fast internet broadband with unlimited music downloads but please no movie downloads as we dont have unlimited data available.
You will find books & magazines to read, two TVs and DVD/VCR, Xbox, gas and wood BBQs. There is a table-tennis table, some cricket gear, swing set and a trampoline.
Pets are very welcome and must stay out of the house or the bond may be forefeited due to extra cleaning costs. The "house paddock" is well fenced to keep most dogs in and the large undercover veranda will protect them in bad weather.
Please advise if you want linen included @ $15pp.
Our insurance company has advised that we cannot be insured if you want to ride trail bikes, so these are not allowed. There are fire trails nearby if the bikes are registered.
It is located about 2.7 hours drive north of northern Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. From Sydney follow the M1 north to Bulahdelah. The farm is 10 mins drive from the town of Bulahdelah and only 5 mins from the Highway.
Fingal Farm has solar panels and exports "green" electricity to the electricity grid.
Things to do on the farm:
* You may be happy just to sit on the large veranda and soak up the relaxed atmosphere;
* Explore the old quarry and find 340m year old Brachiopod fossils;
* Feed the goats, alpacas, miniature horses & Dexter cattle;
* Explore the farm- find the billabongs and creek flowing into Myall Lakes; and
* Look for wallabies in the morning and evening.
Things to do in the area:
*25 mins drive to beautiful surf beaches- Seal Rocks, Pacific Palms. Another 20 mins to Foster and Taree;
*10 mins drive to Bulahdelah shops (bakery, cafes, garages, churches, supermarket, Chemist, Post Office, hotel, hospital);
* Visit the tallest tree in NSW- about 15 mins from the farm;
* Fishing, exploring and boating at Myall Lakes, 15mins drive;
* Kayak on the local lakes and rivers;
* Bush walk, maybe climb Alum Mountain that overlooks Bulahdelah and the surrounding district;
* Mountain bike or trail bike in the State forest (BYO bikes);
* After your activities, buy some of the famous pork sausages from the Bulahdelah butcher- he wins prizes!;
*Take the car ferry & visit Hawks Nest and Tea Gardens; and
* Explore sand dunes, look for koalas, dolphins and whales.