Three Bedroom/Two Bath home on Canal with Wonderful Views of Sunsets
Overall a nice place to stay
The only problem we had was the small bathrooms and the A/C didn’t seem to work properly. At one point we woke up at night and the heat was on.
Thank you for taking the time to write. a review. We will look into the AC adjustments to make sure it is working properly. I believe the owner has plans to actually make the master bath larger, but not sure when this might happen.
Thanks again, ACP
Great house on the water. The people who run the management are as easy to deal with as you will find. Thank you
Cozy, comfortable home with great view of the bay/sound
My husband and I, along with our dog Beauregard, spent 4 nights in August and had a great stay. The house is comfortable with the foreknowledge that the bathrooms are small. It did not cause us any problem. The area right below the stairs is fenced so could let my dog on the deck without worrying about him wandering off the property. Had coffee on the deck in the mornings and watched the sun set in the evenings. Is about a 4 block walk to the public beach. The kitchen was well stocked and everything worked as needed. Loved the porch swing! If you have multiple families with children traveling, this home might not be for you, but was perfect for us.
Great location, but house could use minor updates and repairs
Dauphin Island is our favorite beach. Because of the layout of the island it is hard to find a bad location. However, we ended up booking a last minute trip down there, and did not get to stay at our regular location.
It is not hard to see why this house was one of only two houses left available. I am going to list our pros and cons of our stay:
- Had everything needed to cook with
- fishing doc was great, and a crab trap is provided, along with fishing poles in case you were not able to bring them.
- you get a parking permit to go to the private beach areas on the ocean side
- bunk room was great for a bunch of kids
- They make you check in at their real estate office, which is only available for 2 hours. This was my absolute biggest pet peeve. We were thinking we had to go pick up a physical key. Nope!!! Literally handed us a piece of paper with the digital lock code on. This was infuriating because we planned our travel times strictly around the very short check in window. In all of our years of traveling people always send check in info through an email. Anything else they felt we needed could have just been left in a binder or on the table. Because of this alone we will not be renting a house from the real estate company unless they change this antiquated process.
- The bunk guest room’s closet smelled terrible. Like a dog lived there and was never cleaned up after. We felt like that caused us to lose precious storage because the other room does not have a closet.
- Ceiling fan in the living room is hit or miss on whether or not it works. Ceiling fan in the master has a bent blade as well.
- master bedroom bed was terrible. Either the frame was bent or mattress had such a bad sag the head of the bed almost makes you sit up.
- Then the master bed sheets were hands down the worst I’ve ever felt, slept in. Imagin sleeping in sandpaper...probably feels better than this. You can get micro fiber sheets on Amazon for less than $15. Yes you are only there to sleep, but you don’t want to wake up feeling like you need a chiropractor.
- floors are very wavy, soft in spots
- porch swimg needs to be fixed before someone gets hurt.
- American flag was ripped and tattered. Needs to be folded and retired properly. Disrespectful to those who serve in the military.
- Both toilet areas were SO tight. Great for kids, but my husband and I felt very cramped. Not sure if a 6’ 250 lb man could fit in there - being completely honest.
Hello and thank you for taking the time to fill out this review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay.
I wish you had called the number we provided concerning check in - we could have given you more thorough directions - it's not just a two hour window and we work hard to accommodate our renters. We also provide personalized keyless entry codes which lends to better security for both our guests and our owners. We have passed along your comments to the owners and we will work on making your recommended changes.
ACP Real Estate, Inc.
Relaxing home with incredible sunset views from porch
My family of four and our fur baby thoroughly enjoyed our visit in this bright and comfortable home. When we arrived the first evening, the sun was setting over the bay/sound and it was breathtaking. We made sure to be home each evening to catch the sunsets; they are worth it! The home had everything we needed to be comfortable. Beds were comfortable. The bathrooms are quite small, but my 6'2" husband survived! Seriously, a larger person might have a little trouble with the toilets and master shower. The toilet "cubby" was about the width of my husband's broad shoulders. :-) Still, I would highly recommend this home for a relaxing getaway. ACP is a friendly and accommodating management company. Thank you for sharing this special place with us!
While I loved this house, the picture shows a ladder on the dock. Reason I booked this place was I felt it was a great place for grandchildren, swimming, fishing, crabbing, boating. Without a ladder they could not jump off dock and swim like they wanted. Called rental co and was told that there was no ladder. It had been taken down. Told me I could take them to gulf side, which meant loading car and driving to beach. The whole point of trip was to sit and enjoy watching grandchildren not driving somewhere else. they did not offer to try to find a ladder or anything, just tough luck! By Thursday my son had finally brought a ladder and the kids had a ball. need to take the picture of the dock with ladder off so no one else will be fooled.
Hello - thank you so much for your feedback. We had removed the ladder as it was broken and we didn't want anyone to get hurt. We tried to repair it - but couldn't in time for your rental. There will be a new ladder there ASAP. I'm glad you were able to squeak out a good vacation and we will work harder with customer service to meet your expectations. Thank you, ACP Real Estate, Inc. - Rental Department.