Charming, affordable with spectacular view
About Kerry-Lee Foord
I have 10 years experience in running two short term holiday properties in Gerroa. The properties are well maintained and constantly updated. We have been fortunate to live overseas and travel extensively. Along the way I have learnt what makes a house enjoyable to stay in. Both houses enjoy many repeat guests.
100% refund if cancelled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Very clean, nea and tidy. Well appointed apart from static radio and no television. Stunning views
The beach shack is in need of some TLC. Its location was ideal to visit the Gerroa Boat Fisherman's Club - across the back lawn, through the shrubbery and your on the grounds of the club.
It was nice to have some boards games from which to choose to while away a wet, windy morning.
A sensor light over the main door would make access just so much more pleasurable
We thoroughly enjoyed our 4 night stay at Gerroa and would come back again
Loved the Beach Shack! Apart from being mesmerised by the view the shack was well laid out, super clean and had everything in it that we needed and more. Kitchen equipment was great (we cooked a lot) and we enjoyed playing records. We hope to come back
Great and affordable
Basic accommodation. Neat and tidy
Great view and suitable for a couple.
Third stay and we’ll be back
The Beach Shack is basic but it suits us perfectly. It allows us to get away easily from Sydney, and just slow down and enjoy the simple joys of a walk on the beach, a trip out for breakfast, games around the table, puzzles and listening to music. The beach and area remains relatively unchanged since I was a child.
Simple and relaxing getaway close enough to Sydney
Our second visit and we will be back. We spent time exploring down at the beach, played games, had breakfast at Berry’s Sourdough bakery, dinner at Fishos, listened to music and read. Peaceful down time was what we needed. You take your own linen.. next time I will remember a bath mat and hand towel just to have those home comforts. I love this time of year at the Beach Shack. Thank you!
WHAT TO DO
- 7 mile Beach - safe swimming, great for boogie boarding, learn to surf, walk to end and back
- Black Head - explore rock pools, find fossils, rock fishing, walk along grassy headland
- Blue Swimmer cafe - delicious for breakfast, lunch & dinner
- Fisho's - fish & chips or steak for dinner, cheap drinks
- Kayak or paddle board on Crooked River
- Learn the local history by stopping to visit the Sir Charles Kingsford Smith lookout & memorial
- Try your luck fishing
- Look out for whales and dolphins
- Swim in ocean pools at Gerringong or Kiama
- Check out enormous surf shop and many other shops and cafes in Gerringong 4kms
- Trip further afield to Kiama 14kms to see blow hole and more spectacular ocean views
- Try renown Sourdough Bakery and explore Berry 12kms
- Spectacular views from Gerringong Golf course or play tennis at Gerringong
- Visit wineries
- Visit numerous markets in nearby towns
- Walk from Kiama to Gerringong and enjoy panoramic views on the new Kiama coastal walk
- Enjoy scenery and bushwalking at Minnamurra Rainforest, Carrington Falls, Saddleback Mountain
- Visit tree top walk and maybe try the flying fox at Illawarra Tree Top Adventures
- Take kids or be a kid and visit Jamberoo Water Action Park or Shoalhaven Zoo
- If staying for longer, take a day trip to Kangaroo Valley or Jervis Bay