SORRY - NO PARTIES ALLOWED
Scrubtide is a an old solid brick home (235 m2 house and 64 m2 garage) with a resort-style solar-heated swimming pool and two bathrooms located on 1200 m2 of land between the spectacular Aldinga Beach and the Aldinga Scrub Conservation Park. Perfect if you are after a quiet, peaceful, relaxing vacation.
Scrubtide is perfect for two families, multi-generational family travel, family reunions and family and friends coming to the area to attend a wedding because it has four bedrooms, two bathrooms and two well separated sleeping areas (see floor plan). Two rooms are furnished with queen sized beds, one of them has an ensuite. One room is furnished as a dedicated kids room and contains a VW bus-shaped bunk bed and a single bed. Another room has two single beds. Two more single beds are in a separate section of the lounge room (no door).
Note that this is an old house, not a sparkly new premium property. All the furniture is new (early 2014) and we have undertaken major renovations since 2014 (new bathrooms, new roof, new ceilings throughout, new downlights, new ducted airconditioning, new garage doors, retiled pool, solar heating installed for pool - please keep in mind that the SOLAR heating means that the heating efficiency depends on the time of the year and the weather at the time of your visit).
We are happy to accommodate large groups for genuine reasons, such as attending someone's wedding and looking for reasonably priced accommodation for family reunions. We cannot accommodate large groups of adults who will be having parties. Parties disturb neighbours and are strictly prohibited. Scrubtide is perfect for couples, families and groups of friends who would like to enjoy the peace and quiet of the Scrub.
We do not provide linen, towels and tea towels by default, but if you are coming from far away and cannot bring your own, we can organise this for you. Please ask about this before you lock the booking in.
If there is a problem (for example: you do not know how to operate the garage doors or you find that something critical, such as the dishwasher, does not work), please CALL (not not text or email) our builder immediately. He lives nearby, knows the house inside out and will be able to help you. You will receive his phone number with the final instructions about one week before your arrival.
ACTIVITIES and FEATURES
- Chill out at the pool!
- Go bush walking, bird watching and kangaroo spotting in the Aldinga Scrub Conservation Park (10 seconds walk)
- Build sand castles and cool off in the car-free area of Silver Sands Beach ..... or go for a drive on the beach!
- Have a BBQ and a glass of McLaren Vale wine in the courtyard.
- Explore the beauty, wines and produce of the Mc Laren Vale region
- Enjoy spectacular views with dinner at the Star of Greece or the Victory Hotel
- Shop at the Aldinga Central Shopping Centre (8 minutes drive)
- Shop, wine and dine in downtown McLaren Vale (15 minutes drive)
- Admire the old buildings in the historic township of Willunga and - on Saturdays - shop at the Willunga Farmers Market (15 minutes drive)
- Ride the horse drawn tram over the bridge at Victor Harbor (40 minutes drive)
- Go to a museum in Adelaide (45 minutes drive)
- Private swimming pool (solar heated)
NOTE: The pool is professionally maintained by Aquaboys. If servicing falls on a day during your stay we will let you know. You will need to scoop out leaves yourself during your stay.
INFORMATION FOR PARENTS: The pool area only has one entry point: a gate between the garage and the main house. This gate is secured with a child lock. NEVER leave children unattended in the pool area.
- Free unlimited WIFI
- Ducted reverse cycle air-conditioning
- Polished Jarrah hardwood floors throughout the house
- Two car garage parking
- Bedroom 1: queen sized bed, walk in robe, ensuite (with shower)
- Bedroom 2: 1 queen sized bed, built in robe
- Bedroom 3: 1 bus-shaped bunk bed, 1 single bed
- Bedroom 4: 2 single beds
- Separate section of lounge: 2 single beds (no wall and door!)
- Main bathroom: shower and bathtub
- Laundry (with washing machine and dryer)
- Dining room
- Kitchen: dishwasher, stove, fridge, microwave, toaster, kettle, sandwich maker, table top mixer, blender, cook top espresso maker, coffee bean grinder, steamer, rice cooker, egg cooker, bread maker, citrus juicer, plates, glasses, cooking utensils, cutlery, pots, pans etc.
- TV room: lounge setting, 50 inch flat screen LED TV, DVD player, DVR with a bunch of movies we have recorded over the years
No pets allowed.
No smoking inside.
No offensive noise and anti-social behaviour.
No parties or gatherings.
BBQ to be cleaned after each use.
Swimming pool gates must be closed at all times.
Children must be supervised by a responsible adult in the pool area at all times.
- garbage to be placed in bins outside,
- dishwasher to be emptied.
Full house rules on the pin board in the kitchen, including emergency contact.
Failure to comply with house rules can lead to eviction or withholding of all or parts of the bond, Bond will also be withheld anything is missing from the house or if there is damage to the house.
About one week before you arrive, you will receive the keycode for Scrubtide. You will find keys in a little key safe.
EARLY ARRIVAL / LATE DEPARTURE
If nobody is booked in immediately before or after you, you are most welcome to arrive earlier on the check-in day and depart later on the check-out day. If you would like to do that, please get in touch closer to your arrival date to confirm if it's possible.
You will have a local contact in case of an emergency. His name and phone number are on the kitchen pinboard.
LINEN AND CLEANING
You will need to bring bed linen (sheets, pillow and quilt covers), towels and tea towels. For guests who travel from far away our lovely cleaner can organise linen and towels at cost price.