No refunds for cancellations made after payment is made
When we first walked in it felt like home, the 2 bedroom home was clean and cosy!
The location is ideal close to all shops and to Daylesford Lake.
Lovely cosy house
This house is very sweet; I loved the kookaburra decorations. It was a perfect size for two couples and an absolutely fantastic location, walkable to everywhere.
The tv reception was rubbish and the internet not great, but there is a random selection of dvds to watch!
Great little cottage and location is an easy walk to the shops.
So happy you enjoyed your stay! It is so fabulous that the location of the cottage means you can walk everywhere.
Clean, close to town centre
Clean and well-maintained. Good backyard for small dog to run around.
So happy that you and your furry family member had a wonderful stay!
Great location, that's about it. The condition on the fencing makes this questionable dog friendly. A very basic cottage with a wood fire. No firewood, but ha it has ducted heating that's doesn't work. A smoke alarm that hangs form the roof and a towel rail that's falls off every time you move the bath room door.
The Location is in a great spot
We appreciate all feedback and love that we can offer pet friendly accommodation to our wonderful guests and their gorgeous furry family members.
To address your concerns:
1) We provide dog friendly accommodation but it is always the dog owners responsibility to make sure their dog is safe, secure and happy in an unfamiliar location. There are many pet friendly accommodation options that have no fences at all. If a dog is highly distressed by being left alone in a new environment, they will find a way to get out of the most secure backyard or - as in the case of your dog - cause serious damage to the property.
2) The ducted heating thermostat has been replaced for the coming winter months and is in brilliant working order. The weekend you stayed was 29 degrees so you would have required the air conditioning rather than heating. If you happened to require heating you could have used the split system which has both heating and cooling, the electric heaters (x2), hot water bottles and/or the fire place.
3) In the past we provided firewood but due to rising costs and dwindling supplies we have decided, like many other accommodation providers, not to continue to supply firewood. We have done this so we can keep the accommodation costs down for our guests. Firewood is available at various locations in Daylesford.
4) Thank you for letting us know that the smoke detector was hanging from its bracket. It has been put back into place and is in good working order.
5) We have never been notified of any issue with the towel rail but given your feedback all the screws have been tightened and it is rock solid.
Our cottage is cosy and inviting. We love it and we have amazing guests who love it too – they let us know how much they can hardly wait to return. It is price pointed to ensure everyone enjoys it. If you are after something more ‘high end’ there are plenty of places in Daylesford priced accordingly that would suit your needs better in the future.
Kookaburra Cottage Daylesford
Cute little house - very tidy, clean and close to town centre
Thank you for coming to stay at our cute little cottage!