Craig Richards/Samantha Richards
No refunds for cancellations made after payment is made
Could be better
Backyard full was full of dried bindi and thornns whicjh got stuck to our shoes and painful as they came through footwear into feet. Some came into house so we had to vaccum house.houses
we are sorry about the bindii
As I pre let you know about them, we are trying our best to removed them . with Tamworth on high water restrictions you can not even water your lawn at all (ANOTHER DROUGHT PROBLEM ) pretty much every house in Tamworth has got them at the moment unfortunate .
on the up side I'm glade you enjoyed your stay in our clean and tidy property fully equipped for all your needs (besides from the bindi lol ) hopefully they will be all gone for your next visit to the tammy and you will be able to enjoy our big back yard better
sorry once again !
Great family accomodation
We have been here a number of times and very happy.
What a wonderful home away from home! Will definitely stay here again!
We've been home just under a week and my 3 y.o daughter keeps asking me "can we go back to our holiday house now?" :-)
What a wonderful house, just what we needed for a little family vacation!
- Loved having 2 separate living areas - front room for the grown ups and the back room became the "kids room"
- Just enough toys and dvds to keep the kids entertained on the days we stayed in.
- Absolutely LOVED the fireplace in the front lounge room, so cosy and heated up the whole house (except the back room which we closed off at night time)
- Beautifully furnished & decorated - cosy enough to feel completely at home, but stylish enough that I was inspired to put some effort into dressing up my house haha
- The kitchen is huge - and there's a servery window looking into the back "kids room" so we could cook while keeping an eye on the baby & toddler playing in there.
- The backyard is MASSIVE! Such a shame the drought has ravaged it obviously, but was still good to get out there on our second day once the wind died down, to run around with the toddler - quite a few outdoor games provided so was great to be able to stay "home" but still get some sunshine & fresh air.
- Good shower water pressure & a nice big shower head (hate staying places were they have tiny tap-sized shower heads and it takes 20 minutes to wash the shampoo out of my hair)
- Toilet separate to the bathroom
- Owners were amazingly helpful - I think I called about 7 times on my first night and they didn't lose patience with me at all!
- The back room is perfect during the winter's day with all the glass windows, however absolutely freezing in there once the sun goes down - although there is an air conditioning unit in there, it didn't help too much. Suffice it to say, if you're staying during winter, pick up some wood on your way and get the fireplace cranking :-)
- The pillows provided were a bit firm for me & my 3 y.o... small shoulders maybe? But my hubby (6'4) thought they were perfect.
- The light in the lounge room is a bit dark even at full power (there's a dimmer switch), compared to the big bright kitchen..... however this and the pillows are really just nitpicking because honestly apart from the cold back room (Which is to be expected if you go to Tamworth in winter), there's really not much negative to say about this place!
5 stars, absolutely exceeded my expectations. Will definitely try and book here next time we go to Tamworth!
The house was perfect! We travelled with our boys (3 and 1), as well as the extended family and found staying at 'The Tammy' ticked all our boxes. The bed layouts and rooms were perfect. Having books, children's toys, plastic plates and cups already in the house, made our stay so much easier. The fenced backyard was perfect for kicking around the soccer ball and burning off some of that built up energy. My mother-in-law said "It's the nicest house I've every stayed in!" We truly loved our stay and would very much recommend 'The Tammy' to anyone travelling with Children to Tamworth. Thank you so much Craig and Samantha.
Thank you so much for your lovely feedback we are tickled pink so to speak when we hear great feedback like this. We take pride in our home and having kids ourselves we realise you need to add key things to the home making it more relaxing for parents as well. Its great to hear our home offers a great place to stay for our guests.
Samantha and Craig
Excellent home away from home
The Tammy is a beautiful house, very clean and tidy, and was fully equipped with everything needed to make our stay comfortable and homely. Nice large living rooms, great shower, spacious kitchen. One of our guests reported that unfortunately they couldn't get the heat working efficiently in the back room, which was a shame because that was where they spent most evenings, but apart from that minor setback still said they loved the house and would definitely stay again!
Its great to hear you had a really nice stay, and thank you for your 5* review of our property. Reading your review we sent a local a.c repairer to rectify the system he advised the setting on the remote seemed to not be set to heat as the system tested ok. But we do appreciate you letting us know as we try our best that everything is perfect for the guests stay.
Samantha and Craig
Great family house
We enjoyed our stay at the Tammy. The house was clean and had lots of room for adults and kids. Only issues we had were; there was only a sheet on the main bed and two of the single beds the others just had a doona and mattress protector, the backyard is pretty much all bindis with not much grass and there were a few things missing in the kitchen like a sponge to wash up and wipe down benches etc. Other than that we thoroughly enjoyed our stay, the kids loved the room out the back which was luckily air conditioned. It was only a five min drive into town and to the ALEC where we were attending an event.Thank you for our stay :)
Hi Amy , We really appreciate your feedback. All our guests always are complimenting the cleanliness and space within our property. With regards to a sheet missing I am truly sorry for this oversight its something that has never happend in the past. We have 2 teams of housekeeping located within minutes of the property a phone call would have had the sheet provided within minutes to you. Regarding the bindis they are a common proplem in the area we have been spraying them trying our best to get on top of them. Once again I am sorry for any inconvenience I am certain if you decide to stay again there wont be any issues.
CLOSE TO TO TAMWORTH REGIONAL PLAYGROUND A MUST VISIT IF YOU ARE TRAVELLING WITH CHILDREN