*** PLEASE NOTE - WE ARE NO LONGER TAKING BOOKINGS & WILL DELIST AT THE END OF THIS FINANCIAL YEAR ***
SUITE SIXTEEN - IN BRIEF
Suite Sixteen has amazing views over the ocean, your own ringside seat for whale watching. And if the whales are shy, there's a lot more you can do to enjoy nature from this unique property.
Everyone tells us there is nowhere else on the Northern Beaches of Sydney quite like SUITE SIXTEEN. And since we opened we've had guests from all over the world who have marvelled at the location, the views, the garden, the décor and the modernist furniture, all sourced by a 1960s design enthusiast.
At SUITE SIXTEEN, the ocean views are immense, a 180 degree panorama that changes throughout the day. Watch the whale migrations in season, see the dolphins frolic in the bay below, or in summer watch as the yachts sail around Barrenyoey, then return in the afternoon, often under full spinnaker. We even have quaint Easter Water Dragons which, though perfectly harmless to humans, delight in sunning themselves in the Zen garden outside Suite Sixteen.
Due to its unique character, SUITE SIXTEEN has appeared in design magazines and was made a featured listing on Stayz after one of their senior executives took some time out at SUITE SIXTEEN to understand why it had been one of their most popular listings.
Having a northerly aspect you'll get sun all day, and will be bathed in natural light.
Like many before you, you won't want to leave! In fact, many of our guests with plans for eating out every night have chosen to have a 'stay-in' holiday finding the ambience of SUITE SIXTEEN - both inside the apartment and out in the Zen garden, too enticing for them. Others have chosen to leave their car parked and walk everywhere during their stay. Robert, your host and concierge, can show guests all the waking tracks and shortcuts that are known only to locals.
SUITE SIXTEEN is perfect for celebrating special occasions such as wedding anniversaries or birthdays, or for those who simply want to chill out and de-stress for a while. Our guests have come from Scandinavia, Britain, USA, S-E Asia, South Africa, NZ and virtually every state and region in Australia. All have enjoyed the experience and their reviews bear this out.
WHY YOU'D WANT TO STAY AT SUITE SIXTEEN
There is nowhere else on Sydney's northern beaches quite like SUITE SIXTEEN:
* Mesmerising, unobstructed northern ocean views;
* Sun all year round;
* North facing - no winter southerlies, lots of N-E sea breezes in summer
* Architectural classic - has been featured in design magazines and film shoots;
* Eclectic modernist furniture - all original pieces, some extremely rare;
* Walk to Palm Beach or Whale Beach;
* Stroll to Whale Beach Deli and Jonah's.
EVERY FEATURE YOU NEED FOR SELF-CONTAINED LIVING
SUITE SIXTEEN offers a unique blend of hotel and apartment living with every appointment you need to make your stay enjoyable:
* Dual refrigerators;
* Cooktop and oven;
* Combined washer/dryer;
* Underfloor heating for winter;
* Electronically controlled blinds
* Dyson bladeless fan - for the rare occasions when there are no sea breezes
* Only quality brand appliances e.g. Smeg, Meile, Leibherr etc.
ALL ABOUT THE DESIGN & FIT-OUT
SUITE SIXTEEN forms the entire lower level of an iconic modernist house designed in 1956 by Frank Cavalier, one of the new wave of architects in Sydney who helped transform our notions about the domestic dwelling.
Completely renovated several years ago by one of Australia's most awarded builders it is one of only a few buildings of its type that remain in Palm Beach and the only one we are aware of that has been restored to such a high standard. It was originally featured in House & Garden in 1958. In more recent times it has appeared in various design publications both locally and internationally and has also been used as a setting for still photography and film shoots.
Decorated and furnished in a style befitting its modernist heritage, SUITE SIXTEEN has a warm and welcoming ambience with a strong Scandinavian flair. Authentic pieces appear throughout from design icons such as Hans Vegner, Charles & Ray Eames, Grant Featherston, Le Corbusier etc. are complemented with Marimekko highlights and hand-made ceramics.
Accessed via a private entrance a stunning unobstructed northerly view awaits you which sweeps from North Palm Beach, takes in Pittwater, Barrenjoey Lighthouse, parts of the Central Coast, Cape Three Points and the ocean beyond.
OTHER FEATURES OF SUITE SIXTEEN
* Beautiful private Zen garden area - with sun lounges and great views
* Free Wi-Fi
* Your own private entrance
* Off street parking
* Under cover parking if required
* Generous provisions
* Full bathroom with twin washbasins, shower and full-size bath (with Barrenjoey views!)
* Large walk-in robe area with lots of hanging space.
WHAT TO DO
* Many guests simply chill-out in SUITE SIXTEEN - stay in and enjoy the ambience
* Sit back and read a book or imbibe a drink or two in the Zen garden
* Hit the beaches
* Swim in the local rock pools
* Brunch at local cafes - some within easy walking distance
* Enjoy some of the areas fine dining options
* Walk to the Barrenjoey Lighthouse
* Hire a kayak or paddleboard
* Try beach or rock fishing
* Watch the sea eagles soaring above the Zen garden and out over the sea
* Go whale watching in May/June and September/October
* Catch a ferry to the unique Great Mackeral Beach or to the Central Coast
* Bushwalk in the National Parks nearby
* Visit Bangalley Headland
* Play golf, tennis or boule at local facilities
* Go for a joy flight on seaplane
* See where they film Home & Away - and buy some memorabilia.
Our minimum stay throughout the year is for two nights other than at designated public holiday periods when the minimum is three nights.
STAY FOR A WEEK, OR LONGER
* In low season our weekly rate is $2,800, inclusive of our cleaning and linen fee
* During the Christmas / New Year period it is $3,950 per week inclusive.
* Rates for extended stays of longer than a week may be negotiated.
As per details provided for Stayz online booking.